Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Laetitia

Armanti Edwards has sea legs for first Carolina Panthers game

162 posts in this topic

hey look a 2nd round pick has no legs, nice one hurney you are a genius.

Hey look, a Panthers "fan" who changed his forum avatar to a Colts logo in week 2...

... and the Armanti debate rages on...

As a Panther fan I hope he can readily accelerate his development. Unfortunately, in the simplest terms, he doesn't "look" like an NFL position player to me. Sometimes we overanalyze. I think it's just not there for him. Hope I'm wrong.

Armanti doesn't have the Penningtonitis that Clausen does though. Kid has an arm.

Kinda like the rookie NASCAR driver that had problems turning left...

Kinda like the rookie NBA kid who had problems going to his right...

Kinda like the rookie MLB outfielder who could throw a mile but couldn't catch

Kinda like the rookie NHL winger who couldn't hit a slap shot from either side

Armanti doesn't have the Penningtonitis that Clausen does though. Kid has an arm.

jay_and_silent_bob.gif

lmao at people who compare "running shape" to "legs" and who cannot wrap their head around the drastic change of muscle memory and conditioning it would take for a QB to change to a WR all whilst moving up to the NFL. Even for a mobile QB this is a task.

we have some real dumb-asses here

1 person likes this

Have we seen anything out of Armanti that would lead us to believe he is good...or even has potential...at the NFL level?

Have we seen anything out of Armanti that would lead us to believe he is good...or even has potential...at the NFL level?

I think you wanna ask yourself that.

And since he has yet to be activated for an NFL game I am gonna guess the simple answer as "no"

Why do you ask?

the catch and run on 4th down in the last preaseason game for a first down.

displayed good hands as a reciever. at least fielded punts decently in the final preseason game. other than that no.

but has lafell shown anything either?

Was Edwards inactive because of the Sunday roster numbers game or was he inactive because Hurney said he "lost his legs?"

If it was because of numbers, okay. But if it was because he supposedly "lost his legs" why not simply use him as a situational WR, like a #3 or #4 because while he may not have the every-play, every-down legs under him, he still has the burst that made him a threat at QB and he's certainly showed the ability to catch a pass... at least during the pre-season.