• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#31 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:52 PM

I'd like to get excited about Edwards, but the glowing practice reviews will have to come from someone not named Darin for me to buy into it.

#32 dxpanther

dxpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:08 PM

I'd like to get excited about Edwards, but the glowing practice reviews will have to come from someone not named Darin for me to buy into it.

concurred. even being a fan of the guy, you can't get excited about somebody until theyve actually done something.

#33 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:19 PM

lmao at people who compare "running shape" to "legs" and who cannot wrap their head around the drastic change of muscle memory and conditioning it would take for a QB to change to a WR all whilst moving up to the NFL. Even for a mobile QB this is a task.

we have some real dumb-asses here

The dumb-assery started in April, when Hurney traded up to draft a QB and said "We envision him being a Punt Returner/Wide Receiver".

Maybe he will become a great PR/WR. Maybe he won't. Right now, based on reports from consistent writers, and what we saw in Pre-season, it's going to take a lot of work.

And it's a hell of a gamble to draft a player out of one position and expect him to start playing another. It crosses the line of stupid when you give away a pick in the next season's draft to do so, AND you were in pretty bad shape on Special Teams and needed another reliable WR going into the draft.

#34 MurkN

MurkN

Simple And Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:27 PM

Was Edwards inactive because of the Sunday roster numbers game or was he inactive because Hurney said he "lost his legs?

Posted Image

#35 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:37 PM

We passed on Jordan Shipley, for a Division 1-AA Qb, to play WR...

#36 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,537 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:41 PM

I think you wanna ask yourself that.

Oh i know the answer. He looks like a waste of a draft pick who will never go anywhere in the NFL. I hope he proves me wrong. And gets his "legs" or whatever the hell he is supposed to be doing

#37 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,537 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:42 PM

the catch and run on 4th down in the last preaseason game for a first down.

displayed good hands as a reciever. at least fielded punts decently in the final preseason game. other than that no.

Fair enough

#38 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,537 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:42 PM

Hey I'll give the FO credit. Generally they have done a great job finding value in the draft. they get the benefit of the doubt for now.

#39 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:57 PM

geaux colts

#40 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,537 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:58 PM

At least they don't have to face the Jags

#41 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:06 PM

Add this to the string of Hurney busts....

#42 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,701 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:25 PM

I understand its muscle memory and a different set off muscles. What people are missing is that he is young and a professional athlete, it shouldn't take this long to adapt. Dont get me wrong Im rooting for him, I just think its a BS excuse in the article

lmao at people who compare "running shape" to "legs" and who cannot wrap their head around the drastic change of muscle memory and conditioning it would take for a QB to change to a WR all whilst moving up to the NFL. Even for a mobile QB this is a task.

we have some real dumb-asses here

#43 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,053 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:33 PM

Not having his "legs" means that all the running he has been doing, while getting in better shape and condition, has taken away some of his explosive burst. The only way to get them back is to rest.

This is the same reason why towards the end of the season, coaches' will give more days off.

It doesn't mean he is lazy by any means, actually quite the contrary. It means he has been busting his ass trying to get into shape.

It amazes me that so many people believe he is going to suck because he hasn't learned to play receiver on an NFL level yet. You same assholes gave Dwayne Jarrett 3 years and you won't give Armanti 3 months. I have the feeling, he is going to make some of you look like retards. And I may be the one who looks retarded, but we probably wont know this season.

This is coming from an "App Homer", and I guess I am one because I am one of the few that actually has seen him play and know what kind of athleticism he really has.

What is really going to be awesome is when he drops a few balls... and yall are going to be screaming how terrible he is, but when Jimmy Clausen throws a few picks or fumbles, "Jimmy is developing", "He is just learning like other Rookie QBs". Even when Jimmy was "The most NFL ready" and Armanti is changing positions and taking a huge leap in week to week talent".

Edited by BruceBrewski, 08 October 2010 - 04:43 PM.

#44 woody

woody

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:40 PM

Not having his "legs" means that all the running he has been doing, while getting in better shape and condition, has taken away some of his explosive burst. The only way to get them back is to rest.

This is the same reason why towards the end of the season, coaches' will give more days off.

It doesn't mean he is lazy by any means, actually quite the contrary. It means he has been busting his ass trying to get into shape.

It amazes me that so many people believe he is going to suck because he hasn't learned to play receiver on an NFL level yet. You same assholes gave Dwayne Jarrett 3 years and you won't give Armanti 3 months. He is going to make some of you look like retards.

This is coming from an "App Homer", and I guess I am one because I am one of the few that actually has seen him play and know what kind of athleticism he really has. It amazes me how quick we are to pass judgement.

What is really going to be awesome is when he drops a few balls... and yall are going to be screaming how terrible he is, but when Jimmy Clausen throws a few picks or fumbles, "Jimmy is developing", "He is just learning like other Rookie QBs". Even when Jimmy was "The most NFL ready" and Armanti is changing positions and taking a huge leap in week to week talent".

Amen

#45 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:41 PM

I think by "losing his legs" he means that he's just been running so much that he can't run to his full potential. He can run as hard as he can but his speed/burst won't be there on tired legs.

Hmm maybe that's why he wasn't as fast I thought he should be in preseason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com