Photo
- - - - -

John Fox Last Weekend as Coach

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
69 replies to this topic

#1 Clawsome2

Clawsome2

The Man/Myth/Legend

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:20 AM

There have been whispers that this may be the last game coached by John Fox if the Panthers head to the bye with an 0-5 record. If this is really the last time we are going to see foxy and the last time we can post anything about FIREJOHNFOX or make some lame avatar, I just want to say thanks for the memories old man.

If it turns out that THIS is the weekend where he gets fired, I hope he goes out in style by making the last play of the game a RUN UP THE MIDDLE or a THIRD AND DRAW. That would be the way to go out.

Sorry its early, tired of reading stupid crap about burning jerseys and who sits with me to drink and watch the games...nobody cares.

#2 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:38 AM

Whispers, eh? You been whispering this to yourself or something?

#3 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,411 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:50 AM

yeah. pretty quiet whispers. haven't heard them at all.

#4 Hairless Cat

Hairless Cat

Thread Diddler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:56 AM

negative rep

#5 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:02 AM

bahaha it was me, I'm outside behind the bush...

#6 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:04 AM

Frankly it makes no sense unless JR wants to give one of his coords a trial run as HC.

IT makes ZERO sense to bring someone in now with the lockout looming.

#7 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,275 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:08 AM

JR didn't give Fox a team he was going to win with this year. JR knew it would be a rough year heading in and was fine w/ Fox playing out his last year as the HC. Fox will ride this season out until the end and the Panthers will part ways. That was pretty much set in stone before the season begun.

#8 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,487 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:12 AM

I seriously doubt these whispers are true. That being said, while Fox certainly shares in the blame for the poor performance, its whomever made the personnel decisions over the last two off seasons that should be fired. Can't think of any coaches that could win with our rookie wide receivers and a rookie QB.

#9 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:26 AM

Frankly it makes no sense unless JR wants to give one of his coords a trial run as HC.

IT makes ZERO sense to bring someone in now with the lockout looming.

this.

#10 homeblown

homeblown

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:28 AM

Fox isn't going anywhere till the end of the season and the only thing i'm burning this weekend will be some charcoals.

#11 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:31 AM

Absolutely no chance this happens. It's the last year in his contract, and the lockout is approaching. Were you awake when you heard these whispers?

#12 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:48 AM

It makes sense to me if the new coach is cheap/on hand already. Panthers are teetering on half empty stadiums the rest of the year. A blowout loss to Chicago could tip that scale irreversibly with Fox still here.

Richardson wrote off this season in terms of wins/losses, but that doesn't mean he wants to lose tons of money. He probably figured Fox could keep this team competitive.

#13 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,275 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:04 AM

It makes sense to me if the new coach is cheap/on hand already. Panthers are teetering on half empty stadiums the rest of the year. A blowout loss to Chicago could tip that scale irreversibly with Fox still here.

Richardson wrote off this season in terms of wins/losses, but that doesn't mean he wants to lose tons of money. He probably figured Fox could keep this team competitive.

only reason I think Fox will finish the season out is I bet our next coach is employed with another team as a coordinator. I think JR gives a young guy his first shot like he did with Fox. I think Seifert was the first and last when it comes to that type of hire.

#14 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,791 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:21 AM

only reason I think Fox will finish the season out is I bet our next coach is employed with another team as a coordinator. I think JR gives a young guy his first shot like he did with Fox. I think Seifert was the first and last when it comes to that type of hire.

I've thought the same thing. And I don't think Richardson wants to go asking a team if he could interview one of their coordinators mid-season. One, if would leak to the press, and 2. Richardson has a lot of respect for the other NFL owners, and that move is sorta shady.

#15 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:26 AM

Yeah, but he can hand the reins to someone on hand (Meeks) who has a clean slate with the fans, THEN hire someone on the other side of the lockout. His short term concern is empty seats the rest of the year. That's 25,000 times whatever seats cost. That's some casheesh.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com