Photo
- - - - -

With the #1 overall pick in the 2011 draft, Carolina picks....

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,724 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:25 PM

There's no DT or OT I see worth a top 5 pick. Patrick Peterson or AJ Green or trade down.

#17 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

______CYA_____

• HUDDLER
  • 15,978 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:31 PM

There's no DT or OT I see worth a top 5 pick. Patrick Peterson or AJ Green or trade down.

Yeah, we don't need an OT so maybe WR #1 is the call and DT 2nd round.
Wait...we gave away probable pick # 33 or 34 for Armanti Edwards.
Nice work Hurney.

Edited by Kevin Greene, 11 October 2010 - 11:35 PM.

#18 FreeDrinkMafia

FreeDrinkMafia

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:40 PM

Once the writers and broadcasters shove them down you're throat in 2mos, there will be plenty of linemen to gladly choose from.

#19 FreeDrinkMafia

FreeDrinkMafia

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:49 PM

If Clausen doesn't you take Luck.

Luck has worse footwork, a more reckless throwing motion, and plays in a much weaker conference than The Golden Calf of Bristol did. IOW, stop listening to the man. Next year is a no-go on qb's, especially with the pay-scale a'comin.

#20 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:11 AM

Don't blow your chance take luck or mallet. Clausen looks more and more like Brady quinn

#21 FreeDrinkMafia

FreeDrinkMafia

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:18 AM

Mallett under real pressure is crumbly like blue cheese.

#22 joemac

joemac

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:23 AM

A.J. Green - Wide Receiver, University of Georgia.

#23 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:28 AM

best G available, hands down, we need help at RG, we have talent at WR for a few years to come

#24 FreeDrinkMafia

FreeDrinkMafia

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:37 AM

Interior linemen are barely ever worth 1st round consideration, and I can't think of any standout inferior linemen this year. They're basically like fullbacks; their job is generally done better by position converts.

#25 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:39 AM

we have talent at WR for a few years to come

hahahahahahah where?

#26 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,570 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:42 AM

draft will go as normal for 2011 whether there is football or not.

it's the draft in 2012 if there is no football in 2011 that is the question but it will most likely be a lottery.

my question is if there is a lockout in 2011 how does the draft go?
seeing how there will be more talent to choose from 2011 and 2012 draft classes so what happens?

a. a regular draft with extra talent in supplemental draft?

b. a 14 round draft?

c. multiple picks for each team in a 7 round draft? (if so how are the extra picks delegated)

just a burning question that i can seem to find an answer for. thoughts?

#27 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,570 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:50 AM

i agree with this and am leaning more towards peterson. dude is an incredible CB, great against the run, and is a very good punt returner. he'll be needed to take marshall's place.

best G available, hands down, we need help at RG, we have talent at WR for a few years to come

i agree that OG is a huge need but you don't grab a OG in the first...esp. early first.

#28 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:06 AM

Luck has worse footwork, a more reckless throwing motion, and plays in a much weaker conference than The Golden Calf of Bristol did. IOW, stop listening to the man. Next year is a no-go on qb's, especially with the pay-scale a'comin.

Uhhhh nice try there big guy.Do you watch pac 10 football? They are definately not a weak conference.. The pac is actually a pretty stacked conference.

#29 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,015 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:08 AM

i like Luck, but i dont trust him enough to not be a bust. I dont think we should waste the #1 overall on him.

this team has alot of holes. i think we should try to trade down to the late half of the first round, and try to get our second rounder back. Then, we should use the first and second round picks, and draft a RG and a DT or WR, depending on the talent left on the board.

if we do keep the #1 overall, i think we should draft a left tackle, then move gross back to RT, and put otah at right gaurd, that way whenever otah gets injured, like he does every season, it wont tank our entire season like it usually does.

if this team is going to stick to their guns as a running team, then we have got to do something with the o-line.

think about this.

stud rookie LT / wharton / Khalil / Otah / Gross.

that would be the best o-line in the NFL, with deangelo and stewart running behind them, we would be unstoppable.

#30 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:15 AM

It is waaaaaaay too early to start talking about taking a QB first overall. Even if Clausen plays like absolute poo the rest of the year we still won't take a QB for another year or two. We need to give the guy some weapons to throw to that aren't picked up via wavers and other team's practice squads. A.J. Green is a type of receiver that doesn't come around very often and if he jumps to the league after this year I don't see how we don't take him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.