Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New QB Coach: Rip Scherer

66 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I won't even dignify this comment with a response

Posted · Report post

I won't even dignify this comment with a response

isn't that what you just did, I mean you did comment on the thread. ......???? I think its a good hire myself.

Posted · Report post

Anybody happen to recall how Jeff Davidson's 10 game tenure as the Browns OC looked?

Posted · Report post

Interesting note: ESPN reported (and Gantt confirmed) that although he will have the official title of "offensive coordinator", Mike McCoy will not call plays in Denver.

Head coach Josh McDaniels will do the offensive playcalling. McCoy's duties will reportedly be the same as they were with the Panthers.

(Gantt points out that he does get a new title and a raise)

Posted · Report post

what's wrong with Moore?

He is not very good. Dude went undrafted for a reason.

Posted · Report post

Anybody happen to recall how Jeff Davidson's 10 game tenure as the Browns OC looked?

Mixed bag IIRC. Pretty good at first. Then there weren't enough balls to go around among the recievers, OL/RB talent was suspect and it kinda fizzed out. I looked at it when we hired him and I remember thinking, well, he did okay at first, but it looks like he didn't fit with what they wanted to do (and had the talent for) as an offense.

Posted · Report post

He is not very good. Dude went undrafted for a reason.

Funny how people forget the 2-1 record against pretty good teams in '07. Yet because he stunk it up in preseason, he now sucks. Here's an idea: Preseason is just that, THE PRESEASON.

Should I explain further? Or do you all catch on?

I'm not saying he's going to break Drew Bree's type records... But anyone saying he downright sucks isn't looking at the games that matter. And so far, that's all you can go on.

And Brady went in the 6th round for a reason...

You see? It's easy to discredit.. I don't have to know a damn thing to make horrible statements.

Posted · Report post

Funny how people forget the 2-1 record against pretty good teams in '07. Yet because he stunk it up in preseason, he now sucks. Here's an idea: Preseason is just that, THE PRESEASON.

I'm not saying he's going to break Drew Bree's type records... But anyone saying he downright sucks isn't looking at the games that matter. And so far, that's all you can go on.

You see? It's easy to discredit.. I don't have to know a damn thing to make horrible statements.

Good thing, huh?... :D

Posted · Report post

Good thing, huh?... :D

It is. I'd be totally lost among all these great football minds... lol

Posted · Report post

i think one of those games he was playing against all backups because tampa was already in the playoffs

Posted · Report post

i think one of those games he was playing against all backups because tampa was already in the playoffs

That's cool. He took it to a very good Seahawks team last year. That was really an important game for me to watch him play.

But let's just think about how bad Matt Moore is... He should have thrown a lot of INTS, had fumbles, and incomplete passes even against a team full of backups on the field.

Posted · Report post

Yeah but some of those back up were vets and drafted right. And since moore wasn't drafted that means he can't play as good because he went undrafted for a reason right.(End Sarcasm). I have faith in moore he would have won all three if not for a lot o questionable calls. I say let moore compete for starting job and hope our new coach can help him out if he has any problems. He already has a great supporting cast wich is way better then last year... But year this signing looks like it was made because of him knowing Davidson. Lets hope it turn out to be good.