30 replies to this topic

#1 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:02 AM

Inside info at the end of the year said Fox keeps Davidson limited to what he actually can do(Can't find the link anymore cause of all the threads in the past 3 days)

Inside info says that Fox started to have way more imprint in the D around mid-season, when our D fell apart. So... our defense was performing well in the beginning, a D Mike was running

Am I reaching too much

I still want to know who idea was to continue to inactivate our WR. and stop using our 3rd WR. after the 1st game

Somebody is in the wrong

And you dont have to doubt a offensive coach cant get us far, cause Eagles and Cards we're in the NFC Championship. 2 years in, Ken going to the Superbowl

#2 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:03 AM

Oh snap lmao

Zod made a similar thread

No, but I'm serious about this

#3 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,536 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:04 AM

How will Joe Gibbs and Bill Cowher fit in?

#4 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:06 AM

Joe Gibbs? lol

I dont want Cowher, a lil overrated

#5 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,163 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:07 AM

beatson, your bed is calling...

#6 xPUREBYBLOODx

xPUREBYBLOODx

StraightXXXLife

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:08 AM

I say we RIOT and LOOT!

#7 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,908 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:09 AM

ugh....

#8 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,113 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:09 AM

No way Davidson is ready for that, and I definitely want Trgovac gone.

#9 prowler2k8

prowler2k8

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:10 AM

Inside info at the end of the year said Fox keeps Davidson limited to what he actually can do(Can't find the link anymore cause of all the threads in the past 3 days)

Inside info says that Fox started to have way more imprint in the D around mid-season, when our D fell apart. So... our defense was performing well in the beginning, a D Mike was running

Am I reaching too much

I still want to know who idea was to continue to inactivate our WR. and stop using our 3rd WR. after the 1st game

Somebody is in the wrong

And you dont have to doubt a offensive coach cant get us far, cause Eagles and Cards we're in the NFC Championship. 2 years in, Ken going to the Superbowl

Beaston, I'm becoming more and more convinced that Fox needs to go. I'm not sure what happened to our D after the bye week (the Raiders game actually), but it's been a downhill slide ever since, and it starts with Fox. Trgo will probably be the fall guy for the defensive collapse during the 2nd half of the season (and I want him gone as well), but I truly believe Fox bears more responsibility that most in the organization are willing to admit. JMO

#10 mountainpantherfan

mountainpantherfan

In Honor of Sam Mills

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:14 AM

Am I reaching too much

Somebody is in the wrong

Without knowing everything, which as fans we don't, this could be the truth. But I don't think JR is going to fire Fox this year. This could be a possiblity come the end of next season.

In keeping with the same idea, I do think Trgovac does get too much blame when your head coach is suppose to be a defensive minded coach. I'm not going as far as saying Fox needs to be fired but all of those demanding Trgovac's head should look at Fox in the same light or at least take it all into consideration.

#11 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,113 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:15 AM

Fox just essentially allowed Davidson to pick the new QB coach.

That doesn't sound like a guy who's being "limited".

#12 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,908 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:19 AM

That's what I said in the New QB coach thread

#13 prowler2k8

prowler2k8

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:21 AM

Not sure if I agree that Fox "allowed" Davidson to pick the new QB coach. I'm sure Fox took into consideration Davidson's recommendation of Scherer, but I'm sure more went into the decision making process than Davidson's input. JMO

#14 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,113 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:25 AM

Not sure if I agree that Fox "allowed" Davidson to pick the new QB coach. I'm sure Fox took into consideration Davidson's recommendation of Scherer, but I'm sure more went into the decision making process than Davidson's input. JMO

There's no report of us interviewing anyone else. McCoy left, Scherer was interviewed and hired within the space of about 24 hours. Ya gotta admit, that's not exactly "browsing".

I've always wondered if there wasn't a little tension between Davidson and the "passing game coordinator" since McCoy had coveted the job that Davidson eventually got.

#15 prowler2k8

prowler2k8

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:34 AM

There's no report of us interviewing anyone else. McCoy left, Scherer was interviewed and hired within the space of about 24 hours. Ya gotta admit, that's not exactly "browsing".

I've always wondered if there wasn't a little tension between Davidson and the "passing game coordinator" since McCoy had coveted the job that Davidson eventually got.

I did read somewhere that the he was highly regarded by the staff, though I do agree there's no reference to the Panthers considering anyone else as a replacement.

It wouldn't suprise me if there was some friction between Davidson and McCoy, but I say good riddance to McCoy; our QB play has not improved very much if at all during his tenure, which makes me wonder what he was getting paid for. Scherer appears to have a ton of experience as a QB coach, and I've read that he's a "QB technician". I think this move will not only help our QBs but Davidson as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com