Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two Number One Draft Picks in a Row

33 posts in this topic

Posted

It's pretty obvious that we're tanking this season so we can pick first next year. But wait, there's more!

Then, when there isn't football due to the lockout in 2011, we'll once again be drafting first in the 2012 draft, because draft positions will default to 2010 records.

We get two high draft positions for the price of one sh*tty season. This lockout represents a once-in-a generation opportunity for our team; all we need to do is sacrifice 16 games.

Jerry Richardson is a genius.

That is all.

:ciappa:

Posted

I highly doubt it will be by default. A lottery of some kind is not out of the question.

Posted

I_m_disappoint_2.jpg?1247420654

Posted

funny, a co-worker and myself had this very dicussion the other day. I think some type of lottery like the NBA has would be used for the 2012 draft. still, you would net high picks both seasons. not a terrible idea atleast.

Posted

It will probably be a snake draft where the draft orders will reverse ever round so even if we did finish dead last (which I hope and pray won't happen) we'll have the #1 pick next year and the following year we'll have the 33rd pick.

Posted

Awesome, what USC WRs are coming out?

1 person likes this

Posted

Awesome, what USC WRs are coming out?

I'm hearing whispers that there's a linebacker at Davidson College that we intend to convert to QB.

Posted

I highly doubt it will be by default. A lottery of some kind is not out of the question.

This.

Or worst case scenario, they apply the First in-last out concept to make the 2012 draft start from where the 2011 left off (which means we will get the 32nd pick in 2012)

Oh, who am I kidding, we are going to trade up to move our 3rd round pick in the 2nd round of 2011 to Draft a college punter who we'll develop into a Strong Safety.

Posted

I'm hearing whispers that there's a linebacker at Davidson College that we intend to convert to QB.

lol, beat me to it.

Posted

They will do what the NHL did, a weighted lottery, with a snake draft.

Posted

Too bad we won't have the 33rd pick in 2011.

Posted

Isn't the problem that all the college kids are going to avoid coming out in 2011 if there is a lockout??

If we get #1 2011 and lottery 2012 then we get screwed