• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 football fan 20

football fan 20

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:13 AM

What are upper level seats like? Are you better off just paying the extra to sit in the lower bowl?

#2 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:18 AM

I sit lower level side lines and love it, but have sat upper for a couple of games - once in the corner and once below the scoreboard. I really liked the view from the endzone, but did find that I had to change my routine in watching the game. I like to watch instant replays after each play, but if you're in the upper deck you have to take your eyes off the field to do it so found it distracting so couldn't do it. From my seats in the LL, I don't really have to do that. I can see the field and the screens. But the view from the upper level was great and made up for that so if you don't already have that routine, you won't miss it.

I also felt a bit detached from the action sitting upper level. The noise level in the stadium is very diminished - it's kind of like it's just your section making noise. On LL, you get the culmination of all the noise coming down from everywhere and feel more like a difference maker. I can understand a little bit more when upper deck people say the lower level is dead. They can't hear it and they can see it and when they claim that their section is the only one in the stadium "rocking", it really does appear to be that way. But it's not.

Upper deck is STEEP. Your feet are literally at the head of the person who is sitting in front of you. Not bad view-wise, but I had to leave my seat once during the game and the walk-thru seemed narrower. I'm sure it wasn't, but you're dodging the knees and feet of the people in your row while trying not to kick anyone in the head on the row in front of you.

And you're always hearing griping about people asking others to sit down. In all my years sitting lower level, I've heard it once. And the the guy was a drunk who was standing just for the sake of standing and not participating (if that makes sense). Both times sitting upper deck, I heard it. To the credit of the standing guy in the 2nd game, he told the guy behind him that the people in front of him were standing (and participating) and he wasn't going to ask them to sit. It ended there. Because it's so steep though, if the row in front of you is standing, you must stand to see over it. If the row in front of you is sitting, but the row in front of them is standing, you still have a clear view. That is not the case in the LL. The seating is more traditional theater type seating.

My conclusion - unless you just absolutely want to sit in the lower level, you'd be very happy with seats in the upper level.

Edited by Go To Girl, 19 January 2009 - 08:18 AM.

#3 Plugger

Plugger

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:39 AM

Absolutely loved Go To Girl's reply. Where you sit in the stadium effects your distance from the field, viewing angle to the field but what I heard Go To Girl say was where you sit influences your feel for the game.

I enjoy standing and cheering much more when sitting on the lower level than when sitting on the upper level. From the upper level it feels like someone might fall forward and down several levels if they lose rheir balance. My upper level experiences have been single game Ticketmaster nose bleed seats. My lower level experiences have been single game craigslist and ebay seats.

I had not considered that the noise travels downward and I may want to stand and cheer more often when sitting on the lower level.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I would be interested in hearing from others on their feel for the game from different sections of the stadium.
I would also like input on upper level game experience from lower vs middle vs upper rows.

#4 football fan 20

football fan 20

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:31 AM

Hey I appreciate all the info, what I'm trying to determine is if I should go on 4 upper level or 2 clubs. One of the negative I've heard with clubs though, is if I ever want to sell them, they usually don't sell well because of ticket prices. I know upper level is not great but they the ones I'm getting are 1750 a piece, so I think I can get that back. Just any input would be great, thanks.

#5 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:55 AM

I would personally would never buy a club level PSL. I go for the game so the amenities for the clubs are worthless to me. But those amenity charges that are tacked on to those tickets are what makes them so expensive. Sounds like you have a motivated seller though to offer the PSLs so cheap. Only thing you can do is weigh the cost of the tickets and see if you can swing that cost every year. If that's not a problem for you, and you have reservations abut sitting in the upper level, then get the clubs.

#6 freebird4181

freebird4181

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:50 AM

Hey I appreciate all the info, what I'm trying to determine is if I should go on 4 upper level or 2 clubs. One of the negative I've heard with clubs though, is if I ever want to sell them, they usually don't sell well because of ticket prices. I know upper level is not great but they the ones I'm getting are 1750 a piece, so I think I can get that back. Just any input would be great, thanks.

in just a couple of years the clubs will cost you more than the uppers because of the ticket price... i have sat all over and while i do like the lowers because of the closeness to the field i like the uppers to view the game the best and wouldn't trade the one's i sit in for any others, well there may be a few i would take but not many;)

#7 Master Mind

Master Mind

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:33 AM

in just a couple of years the clubs will cost you more than the uppers because of the ticket price... i have sat all over and while i do like the lowers because of the closeness to the field i like the uppers to view the game the best and wouldn't trade the one's i sit in for any others, well there may be a few i would take but not many;)

I've always liked upper for the view as well

#8 football fan 20

football fan 20

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:51 AM

Freebird are you saying that you sit in uppers or lowers?

#9 freebird4181

freebird4181

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:59 AM

Freebird are you saying that you sit in uppers or lowers?

i like my uppers, maybe not all uppers....

#10 football fan 20

football fan 20

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:24 AM

Where are your uppers?

#11 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:27 AM

I've never sat sideline uppers, but sat endzone and corner upper. Endzone was an awesome view.

#12 freebird4181

freebird4181

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:51 PM

Where are your uppers?

540 row 1 on the rail, aisle seats.... great view, easy in and out, no stairs

#13 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,367 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:11 PM

unfortunately I have not had a lot of experiences of going to the games. Just 2. the first time was 04 vs the falcons, and i sat lower level about row 17, dead center of the endzone. it was a good seat, but at that time, was not a good section as far as fans are concerned. maybe it was that we lost, but the guys behind me kept asking me to sit down. this was my first game, and their attitudes were a real bummer. also once the team got to the other half of the field it was kind of hard to tell where they were.

now this year I was able to make it to the Tampa game, and it was totally different. much better. most likely due to our now much better fanbase. there were no complaining fans that night. I sat in section 504, row 13. thats corner endzone, upper deck if you don't know. i had no trouble seeing anything whatsoever. I have a couple pics in my profile album if you want to check it out.

i would definitely like to experience GTG seats, but for the money...i'd say uppers all day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com