Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So you are mad at Peppers....Gantt

45 posts in this topic

Posted

Tammy Faye = Delish

Posted

Anyone who is mad at Julius needs to come back to reality. The dude is ready to move on and he has every right to do so. He has no allegiance to this team... He was paid for being here.

Now we get as many picks as we can and move on.

He was paid for taking 2007 off and taking more than several games off this year. I guess I shouldn't be pissed but if I were the one writing his checks I sure would be.

Posted

Tammy Faye = Delish

tammy-faye-07-18-07.jpg

Posted

Bring back Mike Rucker!

Posted

I'm not mad at Pep. I'm just disappointed that he isn't happy here, on our team, anymore. I can understand if he doesn't like the system, a lot of us have problems with it too. Can you blame a guy for wanting to make the most out of his one time career in the NFL? I'm sure he'd like to stay here if the pieces were place that he's looking for, but they're not. Just think of how brilliant Smitty could be on an dominate pass team, and count our stars on how lucky we are to still have him.

As much as I hate the Turgo scheme and want his ass gone, it didnt cause Pep to get blown out of plays or prevent him from getting to the QB. Thats Peppers not getting off the line and not taking the responsibility to improve his game or hes just slack.... Jenks wanted out (and he is still a fat ass) and now Pep..... something aint right...

Posted

I am not made at Peppers. However, I just am not that disappointed to see him go. What I will be made about is if we do not get several good picks for him.

The effort and production that Peppers has shown (or not shown) on the field does not warrant a HUGE contract. He disappears for games at a time, and was handled time and time again this year by rookie and journeymen LT's.

Peppers is an athletic freak, but is not an exceptional player. He has all of the tools to be one of the best...he just does not have the drive and the heart.

Keep telling yourself tha tthe only reason he did not dominate was that he was always double teamed....if you do, you are kidding yourself. He was not double teamed that often this year and still disappeared for games at a time.

Take the picks and move on.

Posted

Good article.

And the only reason I will be mad is if we don't get at least a 1st rounder for him.

My thoughts exactly!

Posted

in this D scheme, we'r not loosing that much...they'r all character players under Fox's direction...

Posted

Grantt does make a good point. The defense wasn't that bad in 2007. Our offense didn't play well. That put the D out in a lot of bad situations. Looking at the stats, our offense didn't sustain drives, nor score enough points to put any pressure on our opponents.

I am disappointed that Peppers will be leaving, but not hugely. I am more concerned with locating a good pass rusher to replace him. Peppers had some good times, and some good times. If he wants to pass on $13 million a year for the rest of his career just to try out another team, go for it. He did take a lot of plays off. He was never as dominate as his salary commanded. I mean, as much as he made he should have really rattled QBs and offenses a lot more often. Instead of being eaten up by some questionable LTs.

He and his agent know that he will be franchised, I just hope that we are able to get a 1st round pick out of him. Good luck to him, but we are going to have to move on. If he pulls a Lance Briggs or Chad Johnson, he should realize that he's forfeited a lot of good will over this nonsense.

Posted

I'm not mad at him for wanting to leave, but I am mad at the way he did it.

Posted

For those that think that our defense in 2007 "wasn't that bad". Here is a chart that compares our defense rankings in 3 categories every year since 2002 (Del Rio's year). 2003 and 2006 are the only years I would say that we had a pretty good defense. The other years, including this year, we weren't very good. 2005 would've been great had we not allowed so many third down conversions.

TURDORANK.jpg

Posted

i see alot of people say he takes plays off. do you guys absolutely know this or are you jsut parroting what everyone else is saying? is their video evidence of this or are you just assuming this because he doesnt have 25 sacks, he must be taking plays off. do you guys know exactly what the play call was, what his responsibility was, was he looking for the screen or mush rushing? you guys act like he stole your girlfreinds or something! all this anger when he decides to leave WHEN HIS CONTRACT IS UP, doesnt even matter for the reasons. we dont own him, he is player hired by the organization. the nfl is a business. nobody cries if a player gets cut, but let him leave of his own will and he is a traitor.