• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 Kito

Kito

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:41 AM

F__K Peppers! 2007 2.5 sacks. 2008 14.5 sacks (contract year). I hope he finds a team that will let him hide from the media like he did here. The man is an idiot.

#17 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:55 AM

"If anybody thinks they can't play good defense without Peppers, all you have to do is show tape of 2007."...from the article.

Gantt is an idiot. 2007 is the second worst year we've had, defensively, since Turdo has taken over the defense..

I actually thought that was great line by Gantt. It was the offense that was horrible in '07 after Jake got hurt. The defense was not that bad, they kept the Panthers competitive while the offense struggled.

#18 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,149 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:10 AM

Anyone who is mad at Julius needs to come back to reality. The dude is ready to move on and he has every right to do so. He has no allegiance to this team... He was paid for being here.

Now we get as many picks as we can and move on.

#19 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:28 AM

The only way I'll be mad at Pep is if we don't get anything for him. I don't care that he is leaving he is not irreplaceable but not getting compensation would set us back farther than I want to be with the team we have in place.

#20 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:28 AM

fug it, use his ass like a wet rag and get the most out of him. (weg clear 17 million AND get our 1st round pick back- woot!)

Let him go take plays off some where else.

#21 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:29 AM

I actually thought that was great line by Gantt. It was the offense that was horrible in '07 after Jake got hurt. The defense was not that bad, they kept the Panthers competitive while the offense struggled.

Again...2007 was the second worst year for our defense since Del Rio left. There is no way to spin that into a positive.

#22 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,486 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:29 AM

Good article.

And the only reason I will be mad is if we don't get at least a 1st rounder for him.

#23 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,428 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:37 AM

It's a business and even though we as fans get attached to players, both the players and the teams have to do whats in their own best interests. We've seen it time and time again, it happens every year.

#24 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:43 AM

I'm not mad at Peppers at all. Jim and Tammy Faye, on the other hand...

#25 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:44 AM

Tammy Faye = Delish

#26 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:45 AM

Anyone who is mad at Julius needs to come back to reality. The dude is ready to move on and he has every right to do so. He has no allegiance to this team... He was paid for being here.

Now we get as many picks as we can and move on.

He was paid for taking 2007 off and taking more than several games off this year. I guess I shouldn't be pissed but if I were the one writing his checks I sure would be.

#27 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,486 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:46 AM

Tammy Faye = Delish

Posted Image

Edited by Carolina Husker, 19 January 2009 - 11:48 AM.

#28 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,414 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:47 AM

Bring back Mike Rucker!

#29 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:01 PM

I'm not mad at Pep. I'm just disappointed that he isn't happy here, on our team, anymore. I can understand if he doesn't like the system, a lot of us have problems with it too. Can you blame a guy for wanting to make the most out of his one time career in the NFL? I'm sure he'd like to stay here if the pieces were place that he's looking for, but they're not. Just think of how brilliant Smitty could be on an dominate pass team, and count our stars on how lucky we are to still have him.

As much as I hate the Turgo scheme and want his ass gone, it didnt cause Pep to get blown out of plays or prevent him from getting to the QB. Thats Peppers not getting off the line and not taking the responsibility to improve his game or hes just slack.... Jenks wanted out (and he is still a fat ass) and now Pep..... something aint right...

#30 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,086 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:03 PM

I am not made at Peppers. However, I just am not that disappointed to see him go. What I will be made about is if we do not get several good picks for him.

The effort and production that Peppers has shown (or not shown) on the field does not warrant a HUGE contract. He disappears for games at a time, and was handled time and time again this year by rookie and journeymen LT's.

Peppers is an athletic freak, but is not an exceptional player. He has all of the tools to be one of the best...he just does not have the drive and the heart.

Keep telling yourself tha tthe only reason he did not dominate was that he was always double teamed....if you do, you are kidding yourself. He was not double teamed that often this year and still disappeared for games at a time.

Take the picks and move on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.