Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Give me a list of coaches we could "afford" to hire

48 posts in this topic

Posted

Yep, we can afford to hire whoever we want. Always have been. But JR's already demonstrated that there are more important things than building a winning franchise. That will determine who we have as coach not the money.

lol what? he's going to pick someone who sucks rather than someone who can do the job? lol

Posted

Yeah, I've read your post. No need to keep linking it in thread after thread. I didn't really read anything that I haven't read before by other people with knee jerk reactions to what JR has done this season.

The fact that you seem to be dismissing is that JR has always had great relations with his players, and this has been stated over and over again in the press by the players. You seem to operate under the notion that JR isn't communicating with this team. I would be willing to bet that there has been more than one dialog between the FO and the players and agents concerning the teams position going forward.

See, there is no guarantee at this point on what the salary cap will be and how contracts will be set up after the new CBA is in place. Teams that make multiple long term contracts in an uncapped year under expiring CBA terms may potentially be severely handicapping themselves going forward. JR has intentionally held off on offering any new large contracts until after the negotiations are complete. But I would think you are mistaken to believe that there have not been talks concerning their intended direction once a CBA is in place with the players.

Posted

A former HC that was canned by the Bucs at the end of the '08 season? Maybe he'll be extra motivated since he did get canned by a division rival? Maybe?

Posted

lol what? he's going to pick someone who sucks rather than someone who can do the job? lol

Oh, be real. No one will sign someone that sucks. If you have been in the position to hire, you know how that works. One candidate is perfect but decides to work for someone else so you hire candidate #2. Maybe it works to your benfit, maybe it doesn't. :rolleyes:

Posted

Just curious...

How many people here think that GRWatcher knows more than Richardson about union negotiation, payroll management, and building a successful business?

Posted

Oh, be real. No one will sign someone that sucks. If you have been in the position to hire, you know how that works. One candidate is perfect but decides to work for someone else so you hire candidate #2. Maybe it works to your benfit, maybe it doesn't. :rolleyes:
done some hiring before but whatever...

i'm trying to figure out what in the world you meant by this...

But JR's already demonstrated that there are more important things than building a winning franchise. That will determine who we have as coach not the money.
are you saying that JR will be turned down by his top choice because of what he is doing this season? pretty far fetched, esp. considering that he and hurney did ahead of time what they would have done anyway and have made pretty much an ideal situation cap wise for any new coach wanting to help (re)build a team.

Posted

If Richardson was being cheap and refusing to pay players wouldn't there be alot of the players bad mouthing him to reporters(Peppers doesn't count)? Whatever his reason for not renewing contracts this year was obviously enough to keep the players happy as we haven't heard a peep from them about contracts.

Posted

Yeah, I've read your post. No need to keep linking it in thread after thread. I didn't really read anything that I haven't read before by other people with knee jerk reactions to what JR has done this season.

The fact that you seem to be dismissing is that JR has always had great relations with his players, and this has been stated over and over again in the press by the players. You seem to operate under the notion that JR isn't communicating with this team. I would be willing to bet that there has been more than one dialog between the FO and the players and agents concerning the teams position going forward.

See, there is no guarantee at this point on what the salary cap will be and how contracts will be set up after the new CBA is in place. Teams that make multiple long term contracts in an uncapped year under expiring CBA terms may potentially be severely handicapping themselves going forward. JR has intentionally held off on offering any new large contracts until after the negotiations are complete. But I would think you are mistaken to believe that there have not been talks concerning their intended direction once a CBA is in place with the players.

My reactions are anything but knee jerk. Seems, too, that you chose to gloss over what I have posted. I've been talking this since March.

Good relations with the players, yes. "Stated over and over again in the press by the players", uh, not exactly. No one is talking about their owner this year. And of course he's communicating. But what is he communicating? We can only speculate, you too. Zippo, zilch, nadda is what I've heard. When there is no dialogue, actions mean more, speak louder than words would. I would hope our FO has spoken to the agents of our RA's. Have they spoken to all the agents? What will future FA's and their agents think? Best of intentions does not always carry the day.

For how smart these men are, I can not believe that the owners don't have a very good idea of what the salary cap will be whatever the agreement comes to. How could they negotiate without knowing that??? Why do you think they won't open their books to the union? It's a power they have in the negotiations right now.

I am an optimist, I don't knee jerk over anything. I also can see reality for what it is.

Posted

done some hiring before but whatever...

i'm trying to figure out what in the world you meant by this...

are you saying that JR will be turned down by his top choice because of what he is doing this season? pretty far fetched, esp. considering that he and hurney did ahead of time what they would have done anyway and have made pretty much an ideal situation cap wise for any new coach wanting to help (re)build a team.

We'll never know, will we?

Posted

Just curious...

How many people here think that GRWatcher knows more than Richardson about union negotiation, payroll management, and building a successful business?

Aw, Cyber, if only I did. :lol: I might not be happier but I would be more comfortable being miserable.

I believe Richardson is an extremely intelligent businessman. Analyzing all that I've seen and heard and read, however, leads me to think that he might have taken a deeper plunge than he wanted. Definitely deeper than his fans wanted. And it is hurting his team and their future.

I would love nothing more than to be wrong.

Posted

You're going to be loving it then. :)

Posted

Brian Schottenheimer, FTW.......

1 person likes this