• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#1 DOUBLETROUBLE33

DOUBLETROUBLE33

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:16 AM

This week I sent a ranting email about the state of this franchise to feedback@panthers.nfl.com. The only response I received was an email asking for my phone number "in case they needed to contact me". This was on Monday and this morning I woke up to a phone call from Mr. Jerry Richardson himself (in Chicago for labor talks) concerning the email I had sent. Obviously I was pretty stunned but did manage to ask some of the questions I had put into the email about the franchise.

First I told him it was an honor to speak with him and I have always been and always will be a Panther fan. Throughout the conversation I realized that everything he was telling me was pretty much what we all believe already. He is cutting costs because of the labor issue and is completely thinking long term, he mentioned 20 or 30 years down the road, and from what I could get out of him he believed in going young and seeing what this team could do while at the same time not spending. I don't think he thought we would be this bad and was just hoping that we could manage with this team for this one season.

I also asked him about cutting salary but raising ticket prices. He responded by giving me information about the costs of utilities and running the stadium going up so he claims he had to. In response to the cutting salary he said we are the 11th lowest salary and to look at the Cowboys who have one of the highest but are still 1-3.

I told him that I was concerned about finally beginning to establish a real Panther fan base over these last 15 years and now running the risk of losing a lot of fans with people believing he does not care about this season or the team which he responded by saying "what do you think all those people will do when we start winning again?"

So basically I just heard it straight from the horses mouth the exact same thing most of us already knew.

#2 Primetime 89

Primetime 89

Swag Surfin

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:18 AM

I'm skeptical.

#3 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:18 AM

:skep:

#4 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 25,015 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:19 AM

Gmonet is that u?

#5 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,684 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:21 AM

I don't even know how to respond to this.

Posted Image

#6 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:21 AM

I want to believe you.

#7 realstandman

realstandman

Who???

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationLewisville NC

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:22 AM

Link or it didn't happen... hehe..

#8 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,830 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:23 AM

Did he ask you to mow his lawn?

#9 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,411 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:23 AM

i saw a story on the news about a week ago about a guy that did the same as you i think he wrote a letter and JR called him....so its possible

#10 Primetime 89

Primetime 89

Swag Surfin

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:24 AM

i saw a story on the news about a week ago about a guy that did the same as you i think he wrote a letter and JR called him....so its possible

I'm skeptical of you as well.

#11 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:24 AM

link? if you heard it on the news it should be on their website. what station was it?

#12 RealisticFan

RealisticFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:25 AM

I have heard of this happening too. I know that JR used to invite random PSL owners to meet with him, just to get the average fans opinion.

#13 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:28 AM

There's three ways to respond to this:

A) It's truth and JR apparently makes house calls
B) The poster is a liar looking for attention
C) The poster has been experimenting with some hallucinogens I would like to get a hold of

#14 Jbro

Jbro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,538 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:31 AM

I do know JR has invited people to lunch and called people after sending feedback. Don't know why the OP would make it up.

#15 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,411 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:31 AM

damn man i didnt know i would get 1000x questions i thought everyone seen the report the same as me....it was like news 14 or fox's morning show or some thing like that

i found the link here you go ladies
http://www.myfox8.co...08,0,3296.story

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com