Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New First Round Mock Draft 10/14

31 posts in this topic

Posted

The guys at Sideline Scouting have posted their new first round mock draft. Bare in mind, its still early and things will change, simply for entertainment value at this point.

What do you all think? I'd love to hear your thoughts on your team's pick.

http://www.sidelinescouting.com/mock/

Carolina Panthers, #2 - AJ Green, WR Georgia

Posted

5 DEs in the first 8 picks is interesting.

Posted

No way in hell 5 DEs go in the top 8 and no way in hell the Panthers take a WR in the top 5. Just ain't gonna happen.

I also doubt Robert Quinn goes #5 overall after missing the entire season due to suspension.

No way Bruce Carter is available at #24. He will drop jaws at the Combine. He'll be the first LB taken.

Posted

No way in hell 5 DEs go in the top 8 and no way in hell the Panthers take a WR in the top 5. Just ain't gonna happen.

I also doubt Robert Quinn goes #5 overall after missing the entire season due to suspension.

No way Bruce Carter is available at #24. He will drop jaws at the Combine. He'll be the first LB taken.

Not saying he will or wont be taken in the top 5, but most draft places still have Quinn as a top 5-10 player on the draft boards.....so it's possible he goes as high as #2/3 or as low as 13th or so, I don't think he will fall much more then that though.

Posted

It's a HUGE risk to use the # 2 overall pick on a WR. Remember the trap Detroit fell into trying to fix their WR problems in the 1st round of the draft?

I'd guess we will take Robert Quinn, need a playmaker on the defensive line.

Posted

I'm hoping a big time DT comes into the top 3-5 picks as the season ends and the combine heats up. But if AJ Green is the BPA for us (and it is definitely a need), I'd be okay with it. In the past 10 years at the draft, of the WR's taken in the top 5 picks, only Charles Rogers and Peter Warrick have been flops. The other WR's taken in the top 5 have been: Braylon Edwards, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, & Calvin Johnson. I would looooove to have an Andre Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald on our squad opposite Smitty. I feel like the WR busts are more in the latter part of the top 10 or in the teens. Does that mean that AJ Green is an Andre Johnson rather than a Charles Rogers or Troy Williamson? Nope, but glass half full versus half empty mentality is what it comes down to. We have a few needs that should be addressed with our pick. Peterson or Amukamara could lock down our CB position if necessary. If Marcell Dareus continues to blow up, he would be my preference, but I don't know enough about him to know if he translates into a 4-3 DT more than a 3-4 end. AJ Green looks like a highlight reel waiting to happen, so I wouldn't be mad with him one bit.

Posted

Dareus from Bama is more of a DT.

That is who I believe we would draft.

I would rather trade down, which is going to be valuable because their will be a rookie pay scale before these guys are signed. Both players and Owners want a rookie scale, so this is def going to happen.

Does this guy look like a DE, to you?

610x.jpg

6' 3" 310

Posted

It's a HUGE risk to use the # 2 overall pick on a WR. Remember the trap Detroit fell into trying to fix their WR problems in the 1st round of the draft?

I'd guess we will take Robert Quinn, need a playmaker on the defensive line.

haha, not saying your wrong, but the last #2 overall pick WR drafted by the Lions was Calvin Johnson.....I would say it's worth the risk.

Posted

I haven't seen a lot of Prince Amukamara, but is he really better than Patrick Peterson?

Posted

If we get A.J. Green, say bye-bye to either AE or Lafell methinks

Posted

spam?

Posted

God this is going to be a weak draft.