Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The new number one is

22 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The Wake Forest Demon Deacons :)

And if we can beat VT at home Wednesday night, it could setup a 1 vs 2 matchup against Duke in Winston. What a great night that would be.

New Coaches poll

The rankings, released Monday, have Wake (16-0) pulling in 25 of the 31 first-place votes at stake, the other six going to the 16-1 Blue Devils.

If Wake beats Virginia Tech on Wednesday (ESPN2, 7 p.m. ET), it'll likely hold onto the No. 1 ranking entering its next game -- at home against Duke on Jan. 28 (ESPN, 7 ET).

And Clemson didn't drop after losing to Wake at home. Thats a lot of respect for Wake and Clemson.

Posted · Report post

you will destroy vt. we suck hard, we will have no answer on D.

Posted · Report post

you will destroy vt. we suck hard, we will have no answer on D.

Well I am being paranoid, but its college basketball and anything can happen. And Vasallo really lit us up last year.

Posted · Report post

Congrats to the Deacs. They deserve the ranking...Now comes the pressure of staying there! I've been on them for about a year now. I really felt that with what they had, and what was coming in, they had a shot to be really good.

Posted · Report post

In a way I wish this hadn't happened so early. But this should be fun to watch them defend it!

Posted · Report post

Well, we only have one game between now and the Duke game, so if we can beat VT at home, we will have at least kept it longer than we did last time. :)

But unlike the 04/05 Chris Paul led team, this one actually plays defense.

Posted · Report post

Well, we only have one game between now and the Duke game, so if we can beat VT at home, we will have at least kept it longer than we did last time. :)

But unlike the 04/05 Chris Paul led team, this one actually plays defense.

Yes. And unlike that team, it's not one player that's elevating the whole team quite in the way that he did.

Posted · Report post

Good for WF. That coach is doing great things there. Teague is amazing.

Posted · Report post

(((((((((((((((((((Insert UNC Comment)))))))))))))))))

I am happy to see them representing the ACC...I just cant wait until the Heels have their shot at them again!

Posted · Report post

(((((((((((((((((((Insert UNC Comment)))))))))))))))))

I am happy to see them representing the ACC...I just cant wait until the Heels have their shot at them again!

Thanks to expansion, if you guys do get another shot, it will be in the ACC tournament.

Posted · Report post

As long as you beat dook i don't care what wake is ranked. Congratulations, wake deserves this for now...

Posted · Report post

The Wake Forest Demon Deacons :)

And if we can beat VT at home Wednesday night, it could setup a 1 vs 2 matchup against Duke in Winston. What a great night that would be.

New Coaches poll

And Clemson didn't drop after losing to Wake at home. Thats a lot of respect for Wake and Clemson.

you guys will beat duke by double digits and you can bank on it. I hate duke more than anything but atleast I have some respect for them but my honest opinion of duke this season is that they are not that good. They just keep making plays at the end of the game that win it for them. I realize that's what makes a team good, it just frustrates me that whenever they play bad it's against a crappy team so they are able to pull it out. Either way, I don't see them being able to hang with you guys in Winston. I think you guys win by 15.