Photo
- - - - -

The new number one is

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,046 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:22 PM

The Wake Forest Demon Deacons :)

And if we can beat VT at home Wednesday night, it could setup a 1 vs 2 matchup against Duke in Winston. What a great night that would be.

New Coaches poll

The rankings, released Monday, have Wake (16-0) pulling in 25 of the 31 first-place votes at stake, the other six going to the 16-1 Blue Devils.

If Wake beats Virginia Tech on Wednesday (ESPN2, 7 p.m. ET), it'll likely hold onto the No. 1 ranking entering its next game -- at home against Duke on Jan. 28 (ESPN, 7 ET).

And Clemson didn't drop after losing to Wake at home. Thats a lot of respect for Wake and Clemson.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 19 January 2009 - 01:25 PM.

#2 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:42 PM

you will destroy vt. we suck hard, we will have no answer on D.

#3 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,046 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:51 PM

you will destroy vt. we suck hard, we will have no answer on D.

Well I am being paranoid, but its college basketball and anything can happen. And Vasallo really lit us up last year.

#4 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:26 PM

Congrats to the Deacs. They deserve the ranking...Now comes the pressure of staying there! I've been on them for about a year now. I really felt that with what they had, and what was coming in, they had a shot to be really good.

#5 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,572 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:41 PM

In a way I wish this hadn't happened so early. But this should be fun to watch them defend it!

#6 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,046 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:00 PM

Well, we only have one game between now and the Duke game, so if we can beat VT at home, we will have at least kept it longer than we did last time. :)

But unlike the 04/05 Chris Paul led team, this one actually plays defense.

#7 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:27 PM

Well, we only have one game between now and the Duke game, so if we can beat VT at home, we will have at least kept it longer than we did last time. :)

But unlike the 04/05 Chris Paul led team, this one actually plays defense.

Yes. And unlike that team, it's not one player that's elevating the whole team quite in the way that he did.

#8 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:54 PM

Good for WF. That coach is doing great things there. Teague is amazing.

#9 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:45 PM

(((((((((((((((((((Insert UNC Comment)))))))))))))))))

I am happy to see them representing the ACC...I just cant wait until the Heels have their shot at them again!

#10 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,046 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:38 PM

(((((((((((((((((((Insert UNC Comment)))))))))))))))))

I am happy to see them representing the ACC...I just cant wait until the Heels have their shot at them again!

Thanks to expansion, if you guys do get another shot, it will be in the ACC tournament.

#11 CM86

CM86

aka Benjamin Linus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:14 PM

As long as you beat dook i don't care what wake is ranked. Congratulations, wake deserves this for now...

#12 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:32 PM

The Wake Forest Demon Deacons :)

And if we can beat VT at home Wednesday night, it could setup a 1 vs 2 matchup against Duke in Winston. What a great night that would be.

New Coaches poll

And Clemson didn't drop after losing to Wake at home. Thats a lot of respect for Wake and Clemson.

you guys will beat duke by double digits and you can bank on it. I hate duke more than anything but atleast I have some respect for them but my honest opinion of duke this season is that they are not that good. They just keep making plays at the end of the game that win it for them. I realize that's what makes a team good, it just frustrates me that whenever they play bad it's against a crappy team so they are able to pull it out. Either way, I don't see them being able to hang with you guys in Winston. I think you guys win by 15.

#13 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:15 PM

my honest opinion of duke this season is that they are not that good

Ok - We beat Purdue on their floor by 16, it wasn't even that close. We beat Xavier by 18, and Georgetown by 19. We are 4-0 in the ACC. We have the best all around player in the ACC in Kyle Singler, and one of the most athletic in the country in Gerald Henderson, who is finally coming into his own on the offensive end of the floor.

I understand how much most people hate Duke, but saying that they aren't that good? Will you just explain how? And what if we beat Wake? What will the excuse be then?

:confused::confused::confused:

#14 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:55 AM

Ok - We beat Purdue on their floor by 16, it wasn't even that close. We beat Xavier by 18, and Georgetown by 19. We are 4-0 in the ACC. We have the best all around player in the ACC in Kyle Singler, and one of the most athletic in the country in Gerald Henderson, who is finally coming into his own on the offensive end of the floor.

I understand how much most people hate Duke, but saying that they aren't that good? Will you just explain how? And what if we beat Wake? What will the excuse be then?

:confused::confused::confused:

who have you played in that wonderful 4-0 start in the acc.... you beat virginia tech, georgia tech, florida state, and nc state... congratulations you beat 4 not very good teams. Not to mention that you struggled in most of those scoring 19 in the first half one time and like 22 or 24 or something like that last night as well. I am telling you that Duke is NOT that good. they will drop like 4 or 5 in acc play before it's all said and done. They are not good enough to be number 2 in the nation. If you beat wake forest in winston I will eat crow. But until then, you get no love from me.

Kyle Singler is good but he is not the best player in the acc. Mr. Tyler is the best player in the acc. I do agree however that Gerald Henderson is a freak when it comes to athleticism. However, you have some serious weaknesses on your team as well. Zoubek is one of the worst players I have ever seen play at Duke. That makes you very vulnerable when you play a team with a good big man. If anyone can shut down Henderson, Duke will lose. And them boys at wake will be just fine at stopping henderson.

Edited by PlayMoore!, 21 January 2009 - 10:03 AM.

#15 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:02 AM

Tyler puts up numbers, but there is no disputing that Kyle is a better all around player. Kyle can lead a fast break, hit threes, post up, defend, pass...I'm not being a homer here, there just isn't really anything he can't do. Should I remind you of the three Tyler shot at the end against Wake? When he shoots it looks like a dry heave, and all he can do is rebound and draw fouls. He's obviously very good at those things, but that's about as far as his game goes.

I agree with you about Zoubek, I honestly can't stand him. But he's maybe our 8th best player, so it's not like we are depending on him to win. So besides a player we do not depend on, what are the other "serious weaknesses?"

Duke also doesn't get credit for it's defense. When shots aren't falling, like last night, the defense keeps them in games. I know you Tarheels aren't used to the idea of good defense, but it's probably Duke's biggest strength this year.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com