Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Panthers QB Clausen experiencing 0-5 again"

125 posts in this topic

Posted

You could easily argue that Armanti's college resume is more impressive. Not just b/c of the stats and titles.

Armanti took a DII school to Michagan and won. Clausen has nothing on his resume to top that day. Clausen's greatest win was against Hawaii.

Posted

Yeah and he did that all by himself.

Didn't claim he did it all by himself.

all I am saying, is Clausen has always gotten too much hype. People continue to sell this kid as great....but what has done that is great since high school?

Posted

You could easily argue that Armanti's college resume is more impressive. Not just b/c of the stats and titles.

Armanti took a DII school to Michagan and won. Clausen has nothing on his resume to top that day. Clausen's greatest win was against Hawaii.

DII is all that needs too be said.

How did Armanti do against LSU and NC State or what about ESU how did his numbers look on those days?

Posted

DII is all that needs too be said.

How did Armanti do against LSU and NC State or what about ESU how did his numbers look on those days?

yeah, DII. Armanti lead a DII school to Michagn and won.

what was the most impressive thing Clausen did in college?

Not sure what listing those games Armanti lost means. Yeah, his DII school didn't knock off every DI school they faced. So?

Posted

I guess you must only count games against ranked teams, so let's look at those.

Clausen compelted 60% of his passes for 543 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, in 2 games for 122.96 QB rating. Yea, he sucked it up.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2009/player/513/1010448/passing/split.html

Posted

Didn't claim he did it all by himself.

all I am saying, is Clausen has always gotten too much hype. People continue to sell this kid as great....but what has done that is great since high school?

Are you jealous? Did you catch your girl kissing his picture?

I'm just saying every thread about this kid you add your two cents of negativity.

Posted

"How did Armanti do against LSU and NC State or what about ESU how did his numbers look on those days?"

Apples and oranges, unless you're equating Notre Dame to a DII school.

Posted

Does it really matter what he did in college?? Seriously??

Look at the numbers posted above by CLTpanther. If Clausen was even close to those numbers everyone would be ecstatic. It just shows how much different college and the NFL are and explains why most rookies come in and struggle. The only thing that matters is how he doing now and that is pretty bad.

1 person likes this

Posted

I guess you must only count games against ranked teams, so let's look at those.

Clausen compelted 60% of his passes for 543 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, in 2 games for 122.96 QB rating. Yea, he sucked it up.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2009/player/513/1010448/passing/split.html

Given this is a team sport....

Notre Dame played against 13 ranked teams in Clausen's 3 years at ND. ND lost all of them.

So I'm guessing as long as Clausen puts up some very impressive individual stats, it matters not if the Panthers continue to lose, the Clausen hopeful are okay with that.

Posted

I didn't say he's lighting up the NFL, but he improved vastly in 3 years at ND, just look at his stats. I'm saying it wouldn't make sense not to stick with him and see if he starts improving this year so the FO knows if they need to look for another QB for next year (assuming their is one).

Posted

No, I'm saying he has potential.

Posted

So Clausen stunk in college and stinks in the NFL.

Why do you guys think he is awesome again?