Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Potential Head Coaches

1,228 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been telling everyone down here in Houston to not even think about Cowher coming to Houston because he is a lock in Carolina. I guess I am wrong and I must admit I haven't been listening to much panther gossip so can you guys tell me if Cowher might be the front runner for the panthers job?

Posted

I've been telling everyone down here in Houston to not even think about Cowher coming to Houston because he is a lock in Carolina. I guess I am wrong and I must admit I haven't been listening to much panther gossip so can you guys tell me if Cowher might be the front runner for the panthers job?
he's not/won't be.

Posted

he's not/won't be.

Ok so I guess he is going to be in Houston or Dallas according to a Insider sports writer. Dallas is going to keep what they have now because that's who Jerry has wanted all along so If we fired Kubiak then Cowher might land here. I would rather have Gruden because he runs a 4-3 and Cowher would take us back to a 3-4 with no one good enough to be Casey Hampton.

Posted

In all likelihood, won't even be interviewed.

Posted

Adam Schefter noted that Cowher isn't against coming here (unlike previous reports that surfaced) its strictly if we are willing to pay him, which imo, we won't know until the season is over and we know where the CBA negotiations are headed.

Posted

But again, I honestly don't think it will happen

Posted

In all likelihood, won't even be interviewed.

I hope not, I want Harbaugh and Andrew Luck .

Posted

Cowher doesn't seem to fit, IMO

Grimm on the other hand is a perfect example of what they should be looking for

Posted

I dont like Grimm because I hate Davidson, and I have said in other posts that I would like Grimm's hire better based on what his idea on offense is.

Posted

So whats more then likely to happen is Russ Grimm will be our coach. Because there isnt anybody to fit Carolina system.But if you think about it fitting the system is why we are 1-12 now.An is why we havent had success the previous season except one. Nothing against Grimm an i think he is a good coach. But i dont think he should be the Primary guy just because he is from the steelers.

The more i think i kind of feel that the list maybe look like this.

1. Russ Grimm

2. Perry Fewell

3. Ron Rivera

4. An Jim harbaugh might have a chance depending on what he wants to do. But more then likely i thinks he stays at Stanford.

Posted

I'm not sure that they would consider Fewell. He is known as a 'players' coach. He is buddies with them. Part of Fox's problem was his loyalty to his players. Seems to me that they will go with someone who is more business. Kind of like a Jeff Fisher type of personality but not Jeff Fisher.

Posted

I'm not sure that they would consider Fewell. He is known as a 'players' coach. He is buddies with them. Part of Fox's problem was his loyalty to his players. Seems to me that they will go with someone who is more business. Kind of like a Jeff Fisher type of personality but not Jeff Fisher.

That seems more like Ron Rivera..