Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PeppersOut

Hosts On PacMan Show Agree:Panthers Unlikey To Get A 1st Rder For Peppers

51 posts in this topic

Isn't Miami loaded with draft picks after the first round? They could get Peppers and still pick up 2-3 more starters in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

I wouldnt take anything said on the pacman show as NFL law. The NFL is a business, Franchise Peppers, restructure the team salaries, make him play if other teams wont take him.

Let Peppers sit his lame ass out for the season... He'll just show people what a douche he is because that would be contradicting his statements of "reaching his full potential." No player will sit out an entire season anymore because if they do it affects their pension, they get out of shape, they won't get paid for an entire year, and suffer many other negative consequences. I think at the most he may sit out till week 10 because if he doesn't play by then, I don't think the year would go towards his pension IIRC.

He doesn't have control of the situation. He may think he does... But there is no way that the Panthers let him walk with the value he carries. I guarantee you, we re-sign Gross and tag Peppers and then get some value back for him through a trade, or if he wants to be a dick about it and try to call the Panthers bluff, we could just tag him and leave him inactive all year to prove a point (although this is highly unlikely). I'm just saying, he doesn't have control.

His agent f*cked things up for them by coming out with all that "he'll never re-sign, blah, blah, blah." Hurney won't let him go for free. Trust me. He made it ugly and now he's got to deal with the consequences.

Duh- you are definitely dreaming now...Peppers DO NOT have to sign ISH with anyone. That's his right a player. Yes, he's obligated with the Panthers through next year, but that's it. If a team decides to take Peppers w/o a long term signed, then more power. But Peppers do not have to sign anything because he contract will be have been honered.

I understand that Pep doesn't have to sign a deal but how often does that happen??? Pep has said a lot of things that can never coincide. We aren't going to give him away. As of now he said that he wants to play for a contender that plays a 3-4 that is in a big market. That is a small handful of teams and some of them would probably not be willing to pay him. At some point he will back off some of his demands and just go play.

What our distinguished OP forgot to realize is just how many teams would give an eye tooth for Peppers. It's a bidding war, we'll get a good deal...

Exactly...Do you think a team like the Bears is going to want to see Peppers at the Packers for the next 5 years or a team like the Jets are going to want to see the Pats swoop in and offer us a deal that we can't refuse? No way...the bidding will be underway starting at the beginning of February and the team that gives us the best deal will get him.

wonder if fox/hurney knew the situation with pep and traded this years 1st rouder away knowing they could recoup the 1st rounder on peppers trade. regardless, my feelings havent changed...fk him.

this is the same situ that the Chiefs were in last year, We'll get something similar to their deal minus the extra third. Something like a mid first round pick a 3/4 round and a 5/6 round pick.

If you guys are so sure that Peppers will garner a 1st rd pick, then you must do the following:

1st -What team will give u a 1st ? It won't be a top 15 with an aging 29 year old player...

2nd -Of the teams, like Philly or Pitts or Balt or Jets, Pats, that might have the attraction or power that Peppers is looking for none of which are going to sign Peppers to a long term deal worth all that money...its not in their blood.

3rd- Of the teams that are willing to give picks and sign to long term deal, will Peppers be willing to sign. remember, he has the option to sign or not once next year has ended.

4th- For the type of money that Peppers will be demanding a team FO will be looking at whether he is a game changer or not. And based on the recent comments in this state and on this board, it doesn't seem that way.

Who the hell is PacMan and why should I care what his guests say?

Either way, your team could lose- out on compensation.

troll-- ban him now please

Peppersout I respect your ability to hide your trolling behind some well written posts. Frankly you can take your Panthers hate and stuff it.

Chill out with the trolling.

winner winner:iagree:

If you guys are so sure that Peppers will garner a 1st rd pick, then you must do the following:

1st -What team in the 1st will give you a first? It won't be a top 15 with an aging 29 year old player...

2nd -Of the teams, like Philly or Pitts or Balt or Jets, Pats, that might have the attraction or power that Peppers is looking for none of which are going to sign Peppers to a long term deal worth all that money...its not in their blood.

3rd- Of the teams that are willing to give picks and sign to long term deal, will Peppers be willing to sign. remember, he has the option to sign or not once next year has ended.

4th- For the type of money that Peppers will be demanding a team FO will be looking at whether he is a game changer or not. And based on the recent comments in this state and on this board, it doesn't seem that way.

So let me get this straight, you're saying:

"I hate the Panthers. I hate the Panthers and I hate the Panthers."

Thanks for your thoughtful contributions to the board. What are you a f*cking Cowboys fan angry b/c you traded your 1st rounder away for ROY WILLIAMS? So now you're hoping you can get Peppers for free? Shut the f*ck up. Try using a little something called logic before you post again.

i can see j pep joining houston, philly, chicago, san diego or miami. i'm sure washington will make a push for him too.

we will get a 1st and at least a 3rd. mark it.

i can see j pep joining dallas, houston, philly, chicago, san diego or miami. i'm sure washington will make a push for him too.

we will get a 1st and at least a 3rd. mark it.

So if it all goes down on your wedding day will you have one earbud in your ear for the ceremony?