• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#16 PeppersOut

PeppersOut

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:44 PM

Now that we figured out he was lying, he's gonna shut his mouth. He kinda sounds like a child making stuff up that makese him feel better about himself.

whose lying? I have no reason to lie about the Panthers. I have no dog in the fight. You guys are just mad because you feel as if Pepper is dissing the team. I feel you on that part, but it happens to all teams. Just wait and see...with the economy the way that it is and the NFL, along with other teams having to cut back. You are going to be sadly disappointed in Feb.

#17 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,166 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:44 PM

We will get a first, but he's not being a troll. I heard the same thing. They had a talking head/writer on the phone. Forget who it was. That guy said it, Pack and his goons discussed it. It was more about the fact that the team needs to get rid of him, and other teams knowing this, thus giving them the option to lowball us. Has nothing to do with them not wanting to take a gamble on Pep.

#18 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,328 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:45 PM

Duh- you are definitely dreaming now...Peppers DO NOT have to sign ISH with anyone. That's his right a player. Yes, he's obligated with the Panthers through next year, but that's it. If a team decides to take Peppers w/o a long term signed, then more power. But Peppers do not have to sign anything because he contract will be have been honered.

if he's traded it will to a team that is going to sign him to a 3-5 year deal if not longer. No one is going to pay him 17 million for one season of work.

#19 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:45 PM

What our distinguished OP forgot to realize is just how many teams would give an eye tooth for Peppers. It's a bidding war, we'll get a good deal...

#20 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,328 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:46 PM

We will get a first, but he's not being a troll. I heard the same thing. They had a talking head/writer on the phone. Forget who it was. That guy said it, Pack and his goons discussed it. It was more about the fact that the team needs to get rid of him, and other teams knowing this, thus giving them the option to lowball us. Has nothing to do with them not wanting to take a gamble on Pep.

this is the same situ that the Chiefs were in last year, We'll get something similar to their deal minus the extra third. Something like a mid first round pick a 3/4 round and a 5/6 round pick.

#21 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,884 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:49 PM

What our distinguished OP forgot to realize is just how many teams would give an eye tooth for Peppers. It's a bidding war, we'll get a good deal...

I agree but I don't think it will be as good as the J. Allen trade. Three years older and a crappy season in 2007 has to deflate the value a little.

I'll say a mid to late first round and a fourth round. Miami might do it.

#22 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:51 PM

Yea way the throw a player under the bus who's been nothing but class since he's been here.

Only obligation Peppers has is to get the best deal worked out for himself, not to also maximize what the Panthers can get for him in a trade.

Thats why Marty Hurney gets a check.

So because he was classy before, he's classy forever? I know why Hurney gets his check, but peppers unnecessarily making poo harder for his former team is something to respect?

#23 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,307 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:52 PM

Peppersout I respect your ability to hide your trolling behind some well written posts. Frankly you can take your Panthers hate and stuff it.

Chill out with the trolling.

#24 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,577 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:52 PM

I agree but I don't think it will be as good as the J. Allen trade. Three years older and a crappy season in 2007 has to deflate the value a little.

I'll say a mid to late first round and a fourth round. Miami might do it.

Yea, but Parcells runs the show over there and I highly doubt you can pull off a trade that gives you the better half and not him.

#25 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,884 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:54 PM

Isn't Miami loaded with draft picks after the first round? They could get Peppers and still pick up 2-3 more starters in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

#26 Takesus

Takesus

Grassman

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:55 PM

I wouldnt take anything said on the pacman show as NFL law. The NFL is a business, Franchise Peppers, restructure the team salaries, make him play if other teams wont take him.

#27 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,626 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:56 PM

Let Peppers sit his lame ass out for the season... He'll just show people what a douche he is because that would be contradicting his statements of "reaching his full potential." No player will sit out an entire season anymore because if they do it affects their pension, they get out of shape, they won't get paid for an entire year, and suffer many other negative consequences. I think at the most he may sit out till week 10 because if he doesn't play by then, I don't think the year would go towards his pension IIRC.

He doesn't have control of the situation. He may think he does... But there is no way that the Panthers let him walk with the value he carries. I guarantee you, we re-sign Gross and tag Peppers and then get some value back for him through a trade, or if he wants to be a dick about it and try to call the Panthers bluff, we could just tag him and leave him inactive all year to prove a point (although this is highly unlikely). I'm just saying, he doesn't have control.

His agent f*cked things up for them by coming out with all that "he'll never re-sign, blah, blah, blah." Hurney won't let him go for free. Trust me. He made it ugly and now he's got to deal with the consequences.

#28 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:56 PM

Duh- you are definitely dreaming now...Peppers DO NOT have to sign ISH with anyone. That's his right a player. Yes, he's obligated with the Panthers through next year, but that's it. If a team decides to take Peppers w/o a long term signed, then more power. But Peppers do not have to sign anything because he contract will be have been honered.

I understand that Pep doesn't have to sign a deal but how often does that happen??? Pep has said a lot of things that can never coincide. We aren't going to give him away. As of now he said that he wants to play for a contender that plays a 3-4 that is in a big market. That is a small handful of teams and some of them would probably not be willing to pay him. At some point he will back off some of his demands and just go play.

Exactly...Do you think a team like the Bears is going to want to see Peppers at the Packers for the next 5 years or a team like the Jets are going to want to see the Pats swoop in and offer us a deal that we can't refuse? No way...the bidding will be underway starting at the beginning of February and the team that gives us the best deal will get him.

#29 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:59 PM

wonder if fox/hurney knew the situation with pep and traded this years 1st rouder away knowing they could recoup the 1st rounder on peppers trade. regardless, my feelings havent changed...fk him.

#30 PeppersOut

PeppersOut

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

this is the same situ that the Chiefs were in last year, We'll get something similar to their deal minus the extra third. Something like a mid first round pick a 3/4 round and a 5/6 round pick.

If you guys are so sure that Peppers will garner a 1st rd pick, then you must do the following:

1st -What team will give u a 1st ? It won't be a top 15 with an aging 29 year old player...

2nd -Of the teams, like Philly or Pitts or Balt or Jets, Pats, that might have the attraction or power that Peppers is looking for none of which are going to sign Peppers to a long term deal worth all that money...its not in their blood.

3rd- Of the teams that are willing to give picks and sign to long term deal, will Peppers be willing to sign. remember, he has the option to sign or not once next year has ended.

4th- For the type of money that Peppers will be demanding a team FO will be looking at whether he is a game changer or not. And based on the recent comments in this state and on this board, it doesn't seem that way.

Edited by PeppersOut, 19 January 2009 - 05:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.