Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:56 AM

Husbands 'may be made to ask forgiveness ... That should be enough'

:eek:

Sharia law...pffft. Brittain is fugged.

LONDON — A leading Muslim cleric has sparked controversy in Britain by claiming that it is impossible for men to rape their wives.
Sheikh Maulana Abu Sayeed, who is president of the Islamic Sharia Council, told a website that "sex is part of marriage" and suggested that husbands who commit such acts should not be prosecuted.
"Clearly there cannot be any rape within the marriage," he told The Samosa website. "Maybe aggression, maybe indecent activity... Because when they got married, the understanding was that sexual intercourse was part of the marriage, so there cannot be anything against sex in marriage. Of course, if it happened without her desire, that is no good, that is not desirable."
Sayeed runs Britain's largest network of Islamic sharia courts, The Independent reported.
Rape within marriage has been illegal in Britain since 1991.
Sayeed told The Samosa that if husband "does something against her wish or in a bad time" that he "may be disciplined, and he may be made to ask forgiveness. That should be enough."
When contacted by The Independent, the cleric added: "In Islamic sharia, rape is adultery by force. So long as the woman is his wife, it cannot be termed as rape. It is reprehensible, but we do not call it rape."
Cheshire police Chief Constable Dave Whatton criticized the comments.
"The majority of rapes do not take place through strangers attacking women late at night but between acquaintances and within marriages and partnerships," he told The Independent.
Inayat Bunglawala, chairman of Muslims4UK, added: "Sheikh Sayeed's comments are woefully misguided and entirely inappropriate. Rape — whether within marriage or outside it — is an abominable act and is clearly against the law."

I know some American chicks that would fnck this guy up if he pulled that sh!t over here.

#2 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:23 AM

Sadly I know several Christians who think the same way and one Jew.

Happily, most Muslim women I know, I know would choke that bastard out...

Eta: dunno about the Atheists, Hindus, & Buddists...

#3 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,908 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:30 AM

Don't let the fear get to you! You Islamophobe!!

If only more moderate Muslims would speak out, against this crap and the extremists. But they stay silent for the most part, and people wonder why some other people don't trust Muslims.

#4 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,927 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:04 AM

So if this one guy says this it overrides UK law? really?

If I said it over there could you tell us that cookinwithgas law is taking over?

#5 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,882 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:08 AM

Don't let the fear get to you! You Islamophobe!!

If only more moderate Muslims would speak out, against this crap and the extremists. But they stay silent for the most part, and people wonder why some other people don't trust Muslims.

because we have more important things to do like blowup midget stalkers.

#6 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:51 AM

christians say the same sh!t all the time.

Pastor Cedric Moss of Kingdom Life Church has said forced intercourse within a non-estranged marriage should be considered some other punishable crime other than rape between strangers.

And a male caller said: "The law that the minister is trying to push to the table goes against the vows of marriage."

Another asked: "If a husband makes a wife mad and she says she won't give him sex for a week and he takes it can you report it as rape?"

When this was confirmed, he said: "Well if that's correct this must be the height of stupidity, and all those persons involved in it should be put in that category as well!"

http://www.bahamasb2...arital-rape-law

#7 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,882 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:18 AM

If only more moderate Christians would speak out against this crap.

#8 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:23 AM

great, here comes Christian Law. we're in for it now.

#9 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,927 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 11:18 AM

At least they cover up teh boobiez so as not to get us all excited

#10 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,494 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:20 PM

christians say the same sh!t all the time.

Does said Christian take on judicial duties?
It sounds to me like he was challenging the definition of rape while saying the action is still a crime.
Reading comprehension. Try it.

#11 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,908 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:26 PM

tippy tippy toes

we should all try it....it looks like fun, defending everything extremist.

#12 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 01:49 PM

This thread is now reaching awesome. People are showing their true colors again. I thought it might elicit some subjective responses but clearly people are sticking to their party guns.

Ramble on....

:lurk5:

#13 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,882 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:24 PM

Yes I obviously agree that rape in the household should be legal duhh. No I think its fuging disgusting and its sad that people like him represent the Muslim masses in the media. But I'm a terrorist democrat, so wtf do I know?

#14 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:25 PM

Does said Christian take on judicial duties?
It sounds to me like he was challenging the definition of rape while saying the action is still a crime.
Reading comprehension. Try it.

yes, actually, said christians do take a very active role in influencing government here and all over the world.

The Bahamas Christian Council (BCC) said yesterday that the proposed amendment to the Sexual Offences and Domestic Violence Act outlawing marital rape would be “tragically wrong” if made legal in its current form.
“Such a law is appropriate to govern sexual intercourse between two persons who are not married to each other because, unlike married people, they have no contract that implies open-ended sexual consent. Therefore, specific moment by moment consent is required by them,” said a four-page statement from the Council.
“But can it be right to bring married people under such a law designed for unmarried people? We strongly disagree. It is not right, and it can never be right to bring all married couples under this definition of rape whereby moment to moment consent is required for every stage of every act of sexual intercourse.”
The Christian Council said that if the amendment passes into law, “while it may be legal, it will be wrong.”
“And it will be tragically wrong because it would be disregarding the marriage covenant and contract between a man and woman, when on the day of their marriage in the sight of God and in the company of witnesses, they pledged to give themselves to each other in holy matrimony and thereby gave each other upfront implicit open-ended sexual consent.”

i just post the bahamas one because i can't remember the american pastor's name who said the same thing because those articles are buried under pages of ones about the cleric.

religions of all types, islam, christianity, etc. believe that their fuged up backwards idiocy has precedence over the law. and such is why they should be wiped out.

#15 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,494 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:28 PM

yes, actually, said christians do take a very active role in influencing government here and all over the world.

And what does that have to do with what I asked? IS THE GUY YOU QUOTED A JUDGE?

i just post the bahamas one because i can't remember the american pastor's name who said the same thing because those articles are buried under pages of ones about the cleric.

religions of all types, islam, christianity, etc. believe that their fuged up backwards idiocy has precedence over the law. and such is why they should be wiped out.

lol @ logic of "the law" being superior to "supreme law of the land" that says FREEDOM OF RELIGION

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.