Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CTP's 2011 Mock Draft

58 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

CTP how good do you think AJ Green can be? Do you think the Panthers would gamble on a top five pick wide-out with character issues??

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthers8192']CTP how good do you think AJ Green can be? Do you think the Panthers would gamble on a top five pick wide-out with character issues??[/QUOTE]

Selling a jersey to make a couple of bucks isn't a character issue, drinking and driving or doing drugs is....

Posted · Report post

[quote name='unicar15']Well...Fox and Hurney won't be running the draft so its going to depend on who our coach is. No matter what, if we want to be an improved team we are going to have to make moves in FA AND have a good draft. Our defense is solid (unless the new coach goes for a 34). Our offense needs major work at the WR and QB positions if they aren't impressed with Clausen.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the new coach likes Luck or Locker and wants to start over at that position. Then we could bring in a FA WR (Vincent Jackson anybody??).[/QUOTE]

Fox and Hurney won't be, but new coach and Hurney will be. I still say Hurney has signed that new contract and is locked for the next few years.

Also nice mock CTP

Posted · Report post

[QUOTE='C42[)14C C47;2743559']Selling a jersey to make a couple of bucks isn't a character issue, drinking and driving or doing drugs is....[/QUOTE]

correction I shouldn't have said character issues, my real point was are the Panthers willing to gamble on a wide-out with a top five pick

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthers8192']correction I shouldn't have said character issues, my real point was are the Panthers willing to gamble on a wide-out with a top five pick[/QUOTE]

As good as Green could be I would be willing to....

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthers8192']correction I shouldn't have said character issues, my real point was are the Panthers willing to gamble on a wide-out with a top five pick[/QUOTE]

I would say at the spot the Panthers would be at, the best options would be to either

1. Pick Green or Patterson
2. Trade back and pick up extra picks and a DT.

I think Green would be a nice selection, though I wouldn't complain about the other two options either.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carpanfan96']Fox and Hurney won't be, but new coach and Hurney will be. I still say Hurney has signed that new contract and is locked for the next few years.

Also nice mock CTP[/QUOTE]

thanks

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carpanfan96']I would say at the spot the Panthers would be at, the best options would be to either

1. Pick Green or [B]Patterson[/B]
2. Trade back and pick up extra picks and a DT.

I think Green would be a nice selection, though I wouldn't complain about the other two options either.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you mean Patrick Peterson, CB from LSU...Peterson is a guy I would love to see in a Carolina uniform if Gettis and/or LaFell progress well through the season....he's an absolute monster....

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/j0nathanr0y/LSU/PatrickPetersonRain.jpg[/IMG]

(If any photoshop experts feel like it I would love to see someone make this a Panthers uni)...

Posted · Report post

[QUOTE='C42[)14C C47;2744654'][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/j0nathanr0y/LSU/PatrickPetersonRain.jpg[/IMG]

(If any photoshop experts feel like it I would love to see someone make this a Panthers uni)...[/QUOTE]

this please.

Posted · Report post

Yes, I meant peterson from LSU/. My bad on that part. At that spot with Carolina's needs and the players already on the team, I think the only real options involve trading down or picking up Green or Peterson.

Posted · Report post

Big board added

Posted · Report post

Mock draft updated