Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Makish

I Think we got the lemon QB in the draft

104 posts in this topic

The thread is comparing to other ROOKIES, some who have started LESS than 3.

true enough. Mccoy only needed one game to equal Jimmy's TDs(and INTs, lol) in his three starts.

However, let's hold off on crowning Mccoy - or Bradford, for that matter - for a bit yet. Same with tossing out Jimmy.

His game against Chicago was one of the worst QB performances I've seen in a long, long time. His game against NO gave me some hope, but Chicago definitely was baad.

At this point, drawing any conclusions other than "Bradford has played pretty well in some games and not so well in others, Mccoy played ok for a rookie in one, and Clausen played absolutely abysmal in one" would be premature, imo.

1 person likes this

I get the point of this thread, but I don't really think Max Hall beat New Orleans. The Arizona defense did.

yeah.

Max Hall may turn out to be great, but didn't Arizona's D put up 2 TDs?

Hey 20 year ND fan...did you like him while at ND?

He may be the lemon of the draft, but honestly, the offense as a whole looks bad. No body is doing anything right, so I think it's a chemistry thing. We cant just say its the QB only, when everybody looks off. We play like we dont practice.

We play like we dont practice.

Or like we only have 5 or so plays. :(

jeff davidson's game plan & play calling may be the true lemon on this team

I don't blame Davidson we ran henning out of town for the same thing, what does these two have in common? Fox.

But with that said can you truly blame this on fox either though?

I'm glad you provided that stat, but I want to point out that I don't think that it's our offense is designed for us to throw short passes, Clausen throws short passes.

Part of many people's concerns about him coming out in the draft was his habit of checking down, which inflated his college stats, and his inability to throw it deep, or at least throw it deep well. That stat shows that concern was legitimate. Difference is, I think he and Smitty weren't getting along well before Smitty was injured and he was looking him off, and we don't have a big YAC guy beside him.

He's checking down because NOBODY IS fuging OPEN. We're running three rookie WRs out there with a porous O-line. It's check down to the RB or die.

The thread is comparing to other ROOKIES, some who have started LESS than 3.

We're comparing him to rookies in better schemes with better coaching, more consistent weapons and better O-lines. But h'ok, carry on.

1 person likes this

not by design.its because no one can consistently get open deep

Or..it's because Jimmy is too much of a p*ssy to throw it deep.

We're comparing him to rookies in better schemes with better coaching, more consistent weapons and better O-lines. But h'ok, carry on.

Excuses excuses...:rolleyes:

Excuses excuses...:rolleyes:

No, you're right. He's terrible. We're doomed. :rolleyes:

No, you're right. He's terrible. We're doomed. :rolleyes:

Just about right :rolleyes: