115 replies to this topic

#106 Raskle

Raskle

Huddle Rogue

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:39 PM

for those of you thinking that fox will have a job right away when he walks out of carolina...you might want to be thinking otherwise. unless it is a team that has a history of making bad coaching decisions i doubt you will see him anywhere. it isn't just his coaching that will give him a hard time...do you think anyone will be able to trust him with finding the right coaching staff?

So what you're saying is, is that Fox is a shoe in for Al Davis?? Awesome!!

:D

#107 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,497 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:56 PM

To be fair, it's a fallacy to think you can't get good assistants from bad teams.

Not defending the guys we've picked, mind you. Just pointing out that not every coach on a bad team is necessarily a bad coach.

It also might be fair to say Fox is not adept at selecting assistant coaches.

#108 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,889 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:44 AM

Fox to Oakland is not an option (bad history).

#109 jackson113

jackson113

Poo talking mother fugging Jackson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:30 AM

Good article but like others I wished there were named sources, anybody could make up this article. Whether or not Fox cares or not is irrelevant, what's relevant is we should have a winning record given the lackluster teams we've played. They've all tried to all but hand us the game and we've failed miserably.

#110 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:21 AM

Fox definitely cares about winning and he's a great defensive mind but he's got some serious offensive woes. His general game management and time management is sometimes questionable as well. I really can't understand why we can't strategically use our timeouts.

Fox has been trying to override the predictable play calling with sheer talent. That worked in 08 and Moore made it work in late 09 but the injuries on the o-line and the lack of experienced WR talent this year has been too much to overcome. We need smarter play calling.

I've said before that the offense we run is way too big play oriented. Drives where Steve Smith saves the day, or clutch 3rd down runs. As fun as these are to watch they are not the products of a consistent and good offense. And since our offensive line isn't creating holes our RB's have been running into brick walls on 1st and 2nd down, leaving us with 3rd and long all the time. That puts a hell of a lot of pressure on the QB, whether it's Clausen or Moore. Moore is more likely to convert these 3rd downs because he's more of a gun slinger, which I think might be part of the logic in starting him this week.

We need to develop some more 3 WR sets and quick passes.

#111 mj4life

mj4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:03 AM

that's the one team that will never hire fox. he resigned as their dc in the middle of a season(can't say i blame him)

#112 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,741 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:34 AM

Dayumn!

Yeah, Rayz, some of us have been alluding to bits and pieces all along, but none of us have put it all together like that.

Basically, I thought that I and others were being realists about the situation, but in reality---just like most fans---even the most critical are still too emotionally invested in the team to come up with an analysis like this article, which seems right on point. I had said that there was hardly anything to appreciate from the Bears game. Now I know why. I knew before, but this article adds clarity.

Yeah, I feel worse after reading the article, but, ironically, it also makes me feel better because I know that I am not so crazy after all, and I have a right to feel a mixture of anger, confusion, bewilderment, disappointment, etc. about the whole mess.

BTW, People may talk poo about Bill Cowher, but the man is a master motivator and proven winner. He may just be what the doctor ordered to get this organization back where it needs to be. It's going to take someone who is strong and knows what the hell they are doing, that's for sure.

#113 RealisticFan

RealisticFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:26 AM

Moore got the concussion week 1. Then played 3 quarters the following week 2 against Tampa.

then Fox claimed it was Clausen time.....

Moore got 7 quarters w/ a concussion mixed in.....that was his shot.

When I read that, it said one two things to me. Either the Panthers coaching staff are really dumb, or they wanted someone to look really bad, to make another decision easier.

#114 Phil Dees

Phil Dees

1-20-2013 End of an Error

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:39 AM

shoe in :D

#115 Phil Dees

Phil Dees

1-20-2013 End of an Error

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:45 AM

that's the one team that will never hire fox. he resigned as their dc in the middle of a season(can't say i blame him)

Nah, his Mike Price "Roll Tide" impersonation did him in.

#116 Raskle

Raskle

Huddle Rogue

• HUDDLER
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:16 PM

Fox to Oakland is not an option (bad history).

It was more of a bust on the Raiders and their inability to hire decent coaches (even with puppet strings) more than anything guys. I wasn't serious at all....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.