Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Smitty going to be back this week?

41 posts in this topic

Posted

You think if he didn't say it, it isn't true or it isn't confirmed?? Smitty clearly had problems with Carr as well who was the last quarterback who couldn't get him the ball.

What Panther QB have you not seen Smitty barking at on the sidelines? Jake Delhomme got it worse than any of the other QB's and that was back when Smitty was putting up video game numbers. People are reading way too much in to this stuff.

Posted

I don't follow the Panthers much to be honest but I find it hard to believe that Steve Smith or any NFL players especially a starting player of his caliber. Would miss games because he doesn't "like" said QB. I'm pretty sure Smith would receive an X amount of bonuses/escalators or whatever for production.... Obviously he's not productive on the bench.

On a side note; Smith is effective even if the QB struggles to get him the ball. Just him being on the field demands respect! Making everyone else's job a little easier...

Posted

I don't follow the Panthers much to be honest but I find it hard to believe that Steve Smith or any NFL players especially a starting player of his caliber. Would miss games because he doesn't "like" said QB. I'm pretty sure Smith would receive an X amount of bonuses/escalators or whatever for production.... Obviously he's not productive on the bench.

On a side note; Smith is effective even if the QB struggles to get him the ball. Just him being on the field demands respect! Making everyone else's job a little easier...

No one said he would miss games if healthy but rather would he play hurt? Just like you said he might have escalators or he might just be prideful but the bottom line is Clausen wasn't getting it done for him and Moore was. Moore gives Smith more yards in a drive than Jimmy could in two games. So now if he's only 75% does he come back? Obviously if he's 100% he plays. That's not the question.

Posted

No one said he would miss games if healthy but rather would he play hurt? Just like you said he might have escalators or he might just be prideful but the bottom line is Clausen wasn't getting it done for him and Moore was. Moore gives Smith more yards in a drive than Jimmy could in two games. So now if he's only 75% does he come back? Obviously if he's 100% he plays. That's not the question.

"Would he play hurt" If he can go he should go regardless who the QB is.

Posted

I didn't say his injury would heal faster. I said that if he feels he has something to play for he might rush back.

Reading comprehension on this board is questionable at best.

I agree with the Real Deal here. The Panthers organization seems to hide the fact that players are either unhappy or struggling. Now I'm not saying Smitty faked the injury, but the severity of the injury can definitely be exaggerated. It's probably a common tactic used by NFL teams to hide the fact that there are personal issues within the team, like Smitty's frustrations with Clausen. Now that Moore is starting, we might see Smitty more eager to get back on the playing field.

Posted

I don't know if you noticed E Cat but my views are often in the minority here, being wrong and obnoxious is much more the standard so I'd be very careful to post that you agree with me. We can't have too many people being knowledgeable on one message board now can we.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't know if you noticed E Cat but my views are often in the minority here, being wrong and obnoxious is much more the standard so I'd be very careful to post that you agree with me. We can't have too many people being knowledgeable on one message board now can we.

Get used to being the minority here man. This board doesn't base their respect on how much knowledge you have. You can make some extremely credible and valid points, but you'll still constantly get ridiculed and harassed if you're opinion is different than "the big 25." That number may be inaccurate, but there's about 25 members on the Huddle that have been here since the very beginning, way before the server crashed back in Nov 2008. These are the guys that basically started the Huddle, and therefore they feel like they have some sort of superiority over everyone else. dpanthersman is probably the only person I noticed gain respect rather quickly for being a relatively new member. But if you're a new member on the huddle and your post count isn't in the 1000's or you aren't one of those famous Huddlers, good luck getting respect here. You're honest intelligent posts won't be good enough to garner respect.

Posted

Reported on ESPN. Smitty is not playing next Sunday.

Posted

Reported on ESPN. Smitty is not playing next Sunday.

omg he hates moore too

Posted

Well, so much for the idiotic "Smitty won't play hurt because he hates Clausen" theory.

Posted

If Matt Moore is equipped in the QB slot, then Steve Smith benefits from +15 healing.

It only works when used with the +10 beard of games lost.

Posted

The Rock Hill Herald believes the Panthers will "probably be without" Steve Smith (high ankle sprain) this week against the 49ers.

We haven't heard from the Panthers themselves since Smith was ruled out in Week 5, but high ankle sprains can take up to 4-6 weeks to heal. Check back later in the week for an update, but those setting their lineups early shouldn't count on Smith as a WR3 until next week at the earliest.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2386