<

Photo
- - - - -

Is Smitty going to be back this week?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#31 E CaT PanTHer

E CaT PanTHer

Aite, Lets Do It !!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:37 PM

I don't know if you noticed E Cat but my views are often in the minority here, being wrong and obnoxious is much more the standard so I'd be very careful to post that you agree with me. We can't have too many people being knowledgeable on one message board now can we.

Get used to being the minority here man. This board doesn't base their respect on how much knowledge you have. You can make some extremely credible and valid points, but you'll still constantly get ridiculed and harassed if you're opinion is different than "the big 25." That number may be inaccurate, but there's about 25 members on the Huddle that have been here since the very beginning, way before the server crashed back in Nov 2008. These are the guys that basically started the Huddle, and therefore they feel like they have some sort of superiority over everyone else. dpanthersman is probably the only person I noticed gain respect rather quickly for being a relatively new member. But if you're a new member on the huddle and your post count isn't in the 1000's or you aren't one of those famous Huddlers, good luck getting respect here. You're honest intelligent posts won't be good enough to garner respect.

#32 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:02 PM

Reported on ESPN. Smitty is not playing next Sunday.

#33 Sloth

Sloth

idk

HUDDLER

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:02 PM

Reported on ESPN. Smitty is not playing next Sunday.

omg he hates moore too

#34 monstercat

monstercat

HUDDLER

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:21 PM

Well, so much for the idiotic "Smitty won't play hurt because he hates Clausen" theory.

#35 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

HUDDLER

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

If Matt Moore is equipped in the QB slot, then Steve Smith benefits from +15 healing.

It only works when used with the +10 beard of games lost.

#36 KillerKat

KillerKat

GTFO Shula

HUDDLER

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:17 PM

The Rock Hill Herald believes the Panthers will "probably be without" Steve Smith (high ankle sprain) this week against the 49ers.

We haven't heard from the Panthers themselves since Smith was ruled out in Week 5, but high ankle sprains can take up to 4-6 weeks to heal. Check back later in the week for an update, but those setting their lineups early shouldn't count on Smith as a WR3 until next week at the earliest.

http://www.rotoworld...ort=NFL&id=2386

#37 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

Banned

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:03 AM

Get used to being the minority here man. This board doesn't base their respect on how much knowledge you have. You can make some extremely credible and valid points, but you'll still constantly get ridiculed and harassed if you're opinion is different than "the big 25." That number may be inaccurate, but there's about 25 members on the Huddle that have been here since the very beginning, way before the server crashed back in Nov 2008. These are the guys that basically started the Huddle, and therefore they feel like they have some sort of superiority over everyone else. dpanthersman is probably the only person I noticed gain respect rather quickly for being a relatively new member. But if you're a new member on the huddle and your post count isn't in the 1000's or you aren't one of those famous Huddlers, good luck getting respect here. You're honest intelligent posts won't be good enough to garner respect.

No kidding. That's no lie.

Most just follow the opinions of a few. But those opinions like all opinions often turn out to be wrong and it is both funny and quite satisfying seeing them all eat crow and look like an entire platoon of fools when they are wrong. The only defense they have is to go for personal insults further making themselves look bad. I'm kind of enjoying that to be honest. :D

And on this topic, I was actually thinking along the same lines. And I actually really did ponder if Steve faked that injury to be worse than it really was. I mean it didn't look like all that when it happened. Maybe he wanted to show Clausen what it means when he's not on that field. And we certainly saw what happened. Uuuuugly.

For those that think pro athelets are above this....just take a look at Peppers. He sure as hell seemed to be a totally different DE during contract years. I'm sure all that was a coincidence though.....

#38 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:05 AM

Do you really think he needed to "show Clausen" what it was like without him on the field? :P

#39 Panths

Panths

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:15 AM

The only thing that makes sense is conspiracy. Clearly. Actually I heard Smith had a conversation with his ankle; told it to take its time, he'd rather not play while Clausen is in.

#40 woody

woody

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:25 AM

I was once a "big 25er". Not really though.

#41 Boomer

Boomer

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:34 AM

I'm really doubting Steve is going to be back this week. If we can get our first win without him and have him healed for another week. Smitty, Thomas and Clowney might be a great 3 wr set for us if we looked to spread out alittle more.