Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

..............And Justice for Few.

114 posts in this topic

Posted

This isn't about next year, bitches. This is about next Sunday.

yep.

we can worry about our future QB when we know who our next coach is.

Posted

Everyone who says Armanti Edwards should start at QB deserves to be banned.

Posted

Edwards for QB!!

Posted

if Moore stinks it up on Sunday (hope he doesn't), let's just throw AE in there too. We'd really be in a Pickle then. har har.

seriously though, we might as well try some "Mountaineer" and see what it does. This is the kinda thing I wish we had done more of in the preseason, but hey.

Does anyone know if they let AE throw it around at all in training camp? Or was it jus "You're a WR, you're only ever catching" from day 1? I know we drafted him as a WR but did they evre take a look at him as a QB once he got here?

Posted

Does anyone know if they let AE throw it around at all in training camp? Or was it jus "You're a WR, you're only ever catching" from day 1? I know we drafted him as a WR but did they evre take a look at him as a QB once he got here?

not that I saw

Posted

<---wonders if either of them actually WANT to start...

that is an excellent question

would you blame them if they didnt? They certainly dont have much to work with.

Posted

I DOUBT THAT. Moore is a good guy & a story most people like, but as far as being here next year, KEEP DREAMING. (1) matt has to want to be here & the team has to want him here.(2) even if he plays well, ya think the panthers will franchise tag him to keep him(NO)

The Panthers don't HAVE to franchise tag him to keep him. They can just give him another contract or an extension.

And to your first point, from the comments of the players, they don't seem to dislike Moore and I certainly doubt Moore's phone is ringing with offers, so why wouldn't he want to stay here if the offer gets made?

Well...........other than the Carolina Huddle fanbase labeling him a nobody.

PS: The only issue I see is: I can handle the beard...but he's going to have to do something about them butter teeth. fug Moore! You're on NATIONAL TV DUDE!

Posted

Anybody who remembers what happened to Weinke when he was thrown to the wolves as a rookie is very happy with Clausen being given teh clipboard right now.

And remember not only was Weinke a heisman he was older and more mature due to the baseball career. Most rookies cannot make the jump and start. You have to let the m simmer a year or so.

Posted

PS: The only issue I see is: I can handle the beard...but he's going to have to do something about them butter teeth.
hmmmm....

Posted

Anybody who remembers what happened to Weinke when he was thrown to the wolves as a rookie is very happy with Clausen being given teh clipboard right now.

And remember not only was Weinke a heisman he was older and more mature due to the baseball career. Most rookies cannot make the jump and start. You have to let the m simmer a year or so.

yeah, i can see that.

Posted

yea starting them as rookies was very detrimental to Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Jay Cutler, Kyle Orton, Ben Roethlisberger, Donovan McNabb, Mark Sanchez, boy is it getting tiring to name all these guys that contradict popular fallacy

Posted

not that I saw

Where are the hot arabs in your avatar? Grr.

Also, maybe AE can work into special packages over time. I could see him being our "version" of Brad Smith.

PS: those rookies that started had way better teams and looked better than Clausen has by and large. Clausen isn't done or whatever, but yeah.

1 person likes this