Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2004: We started 1-7 and were a 60-yd FG from the playoffs

59 posts in this topic

Posted

I reiterate I'd rather have a top 3 pick then too try and miss out on the playoffs. Putting our pick back into the middle of the 1st round.

Posted

I reiterate I'd rather have a top 3 pick then too try and miss out on the playoffs. Putting our pick back into the middle of the 1st round.

So you would rather your team plays like poo so you can get a high first round pick which will be a gamble anyway and may turn out to be no better than the last gamble you bet on. In the mean time we would throw away 11 remaining games of the season.

Awesome! You are a TRUE fan.

Posted

I think it was Matt Willig against Denver, right?
correct.

Posted

If we can get on a run then there will be a chance to make the playoffs. There always is every year. Unlike previous seasons this team is going to have to control it's destiny. That 2004 team was a great group of guys. They would have been dangerous in the playoffs.

Posted

lol @ you guys

seriously why are you setting yourself up for for heart ache?

There is no reason to compare this team to 04'. This team is a bunch of rookies. If we got to the playoffs starting at 0-5 we will be first in history, and this team certainly doesn't look the type to set that record. Of course its possible, I just think your grasping at this point which I can't blame you it's all we really have left. But I hope you watch Sunday's game and are more realistic so you don't end up having a breakdown. The 49ers are coming off their first win, somehow I see them as being more motivated.

Sorry to be the downer for the thread but I tend to believe when I am shown something to believe in and at this point I am not going to set myself up for disappointment once again. We lost to a third string QB last game. Even a win vs. sanfran won't get me exited they are almost as bad as us, let's beat a somewhat decent team and we'll see.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey, it could happen....

lol.

Posted

0% chance

Posted

Well, we can't go 11-5 if we don't win the next one.

That's how I'm approaching it as a fan

Posted

lol @ you guys

seriously why are you setting yourself up for for heart ache?

There is no reason to compare this team to 04'. This team is a bunch of rookies. If we got to the playoffs starting at 0-5 we will be first in history, and this team certainly doesn't look the type to set that record. Of course its possible, I just think your grasping at this point which I can't blame you it's all we really have left. But I hope you watch Sunday's game and are more realistic so you don't end up having a breakdown. The 49ers are coming off their first win, somehow I see them as being more motivated.

Sorry to be the downer for the thread but I tend to believe when I am shown something to believe in and at this point I am not going to set myself up for disappointment once again. We lost to a third string QB last game. Even a win vs. sanfran won't get me exited they are almost as bad as us, let's beat a somewhat decent team and we'll see.

you do realize the 04 team Steve Smith was gone.....and we lost all our RBs and Nick Goings was carrying the load? 04 was a not a good looking squad on offense.

Posted

yea 8-8 aint going to happen here......dont get it twisted we are not the cowboys a talented team that has lost some close games.....the panthers really stink......i dont know if we have lead more than 5 mins all season

Posted

L 14-24

W 28-17

L 10-27

L 17-20

L 8-30

L 6-17

L 17-23

L 24-27

vs.

L 18–31

L 7–20