2004: We started 1-7 and were a 60-yd FG from the playoffs

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#16 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,593 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:39 PM

A lot of people don't want to hear this, but we had Jake then, and he was great that year. I haven't given up on Moore yet but I wouldn't be surprised to see his career go either way.

Jake really wasn't great that year.....he had tunnel vision that year and threw up prayers often. Moose simply came down w/ them time after time. Moose was great that year. I would feel better about Moore's chances if Smitty were healthy......

#17 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:40 PM

I'm hoping my 9ers can go on a run the rest of the way. We do have a very weak schedule and are in a pretty weak division... so I guess you never know!

I thought for sure the niners would own that division this year since the cardinals r back to the old cardinals but now it looks like that division can go to anybody but the niners.... hopefully with Moore we can be 1-5 and start our run because we only get harder games later in the year and we need momentum

#18 Carolinablue27

Carolinablue27

Sugar tits

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:45 PM

That was the first nfl game I ever got into. Followed the rest the of season and was amazed by John Fox. I became a Panthers fan.

#19 Punisher

Punisher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:10 PM

Jake really wasn't great that year.....he had tunnel vision that year and threw up prayers often. Moose simply came down w/ them time after time. Moose was great that year. I would feel better about Moore's chances if Smitty were healthy......

Jake put the ball in better places then than Moore has so far this year.

2004 Jake top 10 QB that year
2010 Moore ????

#20 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,318 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:21 PM

The thing that held us back in 04 were the injuries. Moose was the best WR. Stephen Davis stayed hurt, our Defense was hurt..

This year...we're just bad..

Although I do still think he can make a run..we will have to go 9-2, and really...unless Fox gave the team steriods over the BYE week...we're all dreaming here..

#21 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:31 PM

Props, this gave me hope, or at least what little I have left. A win vs San Fran and I will be calling for a playoff run.

#22 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,593 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:02 PM

Titans last season started 0-6 and tried to make a push also....

#23 replive

replive

It's a process

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:08 PM

i just can't get excited at all

sorry

#24 Grammer

Grammer

Troll. Ignore Me.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:34 PM

WHY is the playoffs a pipe dream? We're only 0-5 and in a better spot than we were in 2004 at 1-7. No one thought we had a chance in hell at the playoffs then either.

Why not now? Get the 3 players I mentioned back healthy, let Moore play loose, completely open up the playbook and have fun with it....why CAN'T this team make it to 8-8 or 9-7 in theory?

what the hell is going on

#25 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:40 PM

Amazing season in 2004. Got beat all kinds of ways tons of injuries Jake sucked first half but Fox stuck with him and he played lights out second half. Thing is everybody around him believed in him and offense started kicking ass.

No Smitty either.

That was the year we lost the 4th and 12 game near Xmas. And the Saints game last game of the year we win we're in. Jake took the team about 50 yrds. on the last drive in about 50 seconds to put the team in position to kick a FG and go into overtime.

Amazing how dead the stadium was after the team stared 1-4 but then the last two home games of the season tickets were hard to get.

#26 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,504 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:54 PM

The pressure would build as we got closer to the Playoffs though. So throw that aspect of your Moore fantasy out there.

#27 DevilCat

DevilCat

Two States One Team

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:23 PM

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor???"....NO!!!.........SAINTS...DEAD!!!.....FALCONS.....DEAD!!!....BUCS...DEAD!!!!...LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

#28 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:36 PM

I'd rather have a top 3 pick then to barely missed the playoffs and have a mid 1st round pick.

#29 spartan_pantherfan

spartan_pantherfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:37 PM

that was also the year that Todd Steussie or whatever threw the flag at the ref and cost us the game against I think it was Arizona.

#30 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:42 PM

I like the concept, and I have thought the same thing. If we can almost do it in 2004, we can do it now. The only problem with this fantasy is that in 2004, our coach actually gave 2 shits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com