i dont see what we can pick up in the first round that isnt a QB

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,536 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:31 PM

Anyone wanting Gruden as head coach needs to report to the hospital tomorrow for their mandatory vasectomy.

#62 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,260 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:07 AM

the panthers could be the latest nfl team to have an LSU player bust!

Have you ever watched this kid play? My guess is no.

#63 RHCPanther

RHCPanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:46 AM

I find the infatuation with Luck highly amusing. I see absolutely no way we are going to pick Luck in the top ten next year. We might take him with the top 5 pick in 2012 if Luck decides to stay in school one more year. He is playing well on a good team currently and has been able to overcome some issues with his footwork and release. He is also pretty young and has not performed at that level for long enough to be rated so highly for the draft next year.

Jake Locker is an interesting prospect for the NFL because of he is a threat to pick up some yards on the ground. He should go in the top 20 but might get taken earlier by a team desperate for a franchise QB.

Whatever pick we end up with we will go BPA and it won't be a QB. We will probably draft a defensive end or cornerback seeing as we are likely to pick tenth or thereabouts. We will add a veteran QB through Free Agency.

#64 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,468 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:15 PM

we will trade down and select an olineman. just watch

#65 RHCPanther

RHCPanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:17 AM

we will trade down and select an olineman. just watch

I don't think there is a lot of value in picking an O-lineman in the first round although I would not be surprised if we trade down in the unlikely event that we end up with a top 5 pick. Maybe they want to go after Derek Sherrod who I have heard has the potential to be a good LT.

I saw a mock draft with John Moffitt of Wisconsin going to us on another thread and I think he would be a good pick in mid-rounds. Now, I'm a Badger fan so I may be a little biased, but I think he has potential to be a pretty good guard. I would rather we go after him than someone like Gabe Carimi in the first round.

Edited by RHCPanther, 20 October 2010 - 01:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com