Photo
- - - - -

Let's all insult each other over football.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
127 replies to this topic

#121 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:32 AM

I look at it as; no one on this board knows the real me so their insults of any type shouldn't be taken that personally.

#122 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 13,893 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:40 AM

Where did you come up with this...this is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. I'm not even sure if the word "passion" appeared in this thread before you posted it.

This is what you're talking about? So you don't want us to use sarcasm? You do realize this is a board occupied largely by adult males who are talking about sports? Taking cheap shots and lockerrom talk are par for the course.

I'm against flame wars as much as anyone and never participate in them, but am all for frequent sarcastic jabs. That's half the fun of reading this board, especially during the offseason.

#123 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,827 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:10 AM

This is what you're talking about? So you don't want us to use sarcasm? You do realize this is a board occupied largely by adult males who are talking about sports? Taking cheap shots and lockerrom talk are par for the course.

I'm against flame wars as much as anyone and never participate in them, but am all for frequent sarcastic jabs. That's half the fun of reading this board, especially during the offseason.

Sure, there's a line where it's playful banter, and then it's unnecessary. You can be passionate and still be respectful. A quick scan of any random thread will show you how ridiculously out of hand that "playful banter" can get. Over something as meaningless as football.

#124 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,162 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:31 AM

insults are generally a measure of intelligence

#125 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • 10,614 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:43 AM

insults are generally a measure of intelligence

its true....especially at games.

talk all the crap you want. as long as you can back it up with facts and things don't get personal.

the second it gets into personal attacks everything gets out of hand and its not fun anymore

#126 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:55 AM

Bumping deserves insults...you doo doo head.

#127 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:01 PM

Bumping deserves insults...you doo doo head.

Post reported - personal attack

#128 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,331 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:09 PM

Just because I'm a fan of the team doesn't mean I have to like any of you schmucks

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com