It's nice when we can love each other!

#137 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:20 PM

you just don't get it, dude.

I could make up something like... Moore hates Clausen and sent him in the wrong plays so he'd fail. Or... Smith hates Jake so he deliberately set him up for interceptions...

or whatever... just because I came up with a list like "Clausen's helmet headset broke" and "Matt Moore then had to send him signals by hand" "The plays called were terrible and poorly executed" does not mean that the three are related. Could they be?? Maybe! But I'm willing to bet they aren't. That's all we're saying. You can speculate that events are related but that does not mean they are, so we will keep disagreeing. When you keep saying you have "hard evidence" and your "predictions" are "always right" so you "see something" we don't... It doesn't sound like you're stating wild speculation but things you think are definitely true.

You can say I'd be a horrible detective because I choose to trust that these team mates feel closer to each other than you do, but whatever. I don't trust the government or news agencies, coaches or front offices, but I do trust CERTAIN players to have some shred of honesty. Would Smith rush back to play with MOORE but not CLAUSEN? There is no evidence of that; there IS evidence Smith rushed back to practice. For all we know, he had decided to return to practice on Tuesday over the weekend but we didn't hear about it, since, you know, Fox didn't have much of a presser. Not like Smith was quoted as saying "MAN I DONT THINK I CAN MAKE IT" on Sunday or anything.

So yeah. Speculate away. Just don't get all "LOL UR SO GULLIBIABLE BECUZ U DONT BELIEF MY EVIDENCE" on me, because your unrelated chain of events doesn't constitute any proof at all. Take them to mean whatever you want, just stop trying to insult the rest of us for disagreeing with the way you see it.

#138 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:35 PM

I didn't insult you once for disagreeing, I insulted you because you basically said you had to be explicitly told before you believe anything. I said you didn't have to agree but that it was in the realm of possibility and you had to acknowledge it. If you don't then you are just being stubborn and don't want to take anything I say and really look at it because you have already labeled me a Moore homer when in reality I can have a discussion about anything and play both sides.

Basically you are saying this couldn't be possible because you think Smith wouldn't lie about Clausen and there is no way he could prefer one to the other. I'm not saying it's "hard evidence" like you said but there are things that lead one to believe the contrary. That's all.

Your two scenarios are pretty elementary and I won't comment on why but those could easily be proven false, this not so much. If you want to take a professional athlete's word that's fine, but realize that if they all spoke their mind they would be throwing teammates and coaches under the bus constantly thus blacklisting themselves in a way so they all take the high road.

And if you are going to attempt to make fun of me with quotes, do it how I would write not how Koolkat writes.

#139 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:09 PM

Quotes weren't meant to make fun of you, though some of them are certainly things you've said. I was trying to make light of the fact you think I'll believe anything with that last one, though. I'd be a terrible detective, but it's not for the reasons you think. Mostly because I'm lazy, and spend most of my time on a sport football forum than doing anything productive. ;P

I don't believe plenty of things I'm told, but as you said, I'm choosing to believe two professional athletes and the reporters who cover the team when I say that I don't believe your scenario. Feel free to disagree. I freely admit that almost anything is possible with this team. However, you don't frame your ideas as mere possibilities:

Your first post here in this thread was not "hey guys, I have this idea... I think maybe blah blah" it was presented as fact and you as the one that was "right" about it when no proof existed for it.

Ok? :P That's why I disagree with nearly everything you say. You don't frame your ideas as possibilities. You frame them as fact, so I feel I have to point out the various flaws. When you then insult me because you think I can't read between the lines, it makes me want to smack you. I doubt plenty of things, but the one thing I don't doubt is Steve Smith doing his damnedest to be on the field no matter what. You just chose the wrong player to make that argument for. Who knows, maybe Otah hates Jimmy and we'll see him this week too. =P

#140 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:32 AM

Quotes weren't meant to make fun of you, though some of them are certainly things you've said. I was trying to make light of the fact you think I'll believe anything with that last one, though. I'd be a terrible detective, but it's not for the reasons you think. Mostly because I'm lazy, and spend most of my time on a sport football forum than doing anything productive. ;P

I don't believe plenty of things I'm told, but as you said, I'm choosing to believe two professional athletes and the reporters who cover the team when I say that I don't believe your scenario. Feel free to disagree. I freely admit that almost anything is possible with this team. However, you don't frame your ideas as mere possibilities:

Your first post here in this thread was not "hey guys, I have this idea... I think maybe blah blah" it was presented as fact and you as the one that was "right" about it when no proof existed for it.

Ok? :P That's why I disagree with nearly everything you say. You don't frame your ideas as possibilities. You frame them as fact, so I feel I have to point out the various flaws. When you then insult me because you think I can't read between the lines, it makes me want to smack you. I doubt plenty of things, but the one thing I don't doubt is Steve Smith doing his damnedest to be on the field no matter what. You just chose the wrong player to make that argument for. Who knows, maybe Otah hates Jimmy and we'll see him this week too. =P

To be fair you are giving a lot of credit to a person you don't know personally and admire not for his morals but for his performance on the field. FWIW, he's done some things that aren't that great of a teammate but I'll let you be the judge. Stop bumping this thread already so we can talk about how we are going to react after the game.

#141 trucpfan

trucpfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:56 AM

Woowwwww this is one of the best catfights I've seen in awhile ladies ladies I didnt know all three of you were on your period at the exact same time.

No one know about his ankle but I KNOW you can't fake a injury the doctors have to approve it for you to be on the injury report he didnt go out and get that brace on his own (hmmmm). He might have rushed back to help the team becuase Moore got the job so what. He mght have stayed away another week if Jimmy was still out there fumbling and throwing in the dirt. You all are acting like you dont slack a little a work sometimes stop lying to yourselves he's no different than any of us.

Side note: Vick had his ass popped YOU never rat on the boss when your business like that but most of the posters have 9-5's so its not really important but thats a fact even though they were related real men do real things.

#142 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:59 AM

Woowwwww this is one of the best catfights I've seen in awhile ladies ladies I didnt know all three of you were on your period at the exact same time.

No one know about his ankle but I KNOW you can't fake a injury the doctors have to approve it for you to be on the injury report he didnt go out and get that brace on his own (hmmmm). He might have rushed back to help the team becuase Moore got the job so what. He mght have stayed away another week if Jimmy was still out there fumbling and throwing in the dirt. You all are acting like you dont slack a little a work sometimes stop lying to yourselves he's no different than any of us.

Side note: Vick had his ass popped YOU never rat on the boss when your business like that but most of the posters have 9-5's so its not really important but thats a fact even though they were related real men do real things.

Huh?

#143 trucpfan

trucpfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:33 PM

Huh?

nothing man nothing you all are writing essays back and fourth arguing hard as hell madhttr, mav123, and yourself you feel one way they think your tripping etc. But hey this is a forum so keep the discussion going.

But on a side note that Vick situation was classic get mad if you want at me but if you snitch on me DONT COME TO MY PARTY simple as that or something might happen.

Edit: This weekend I think im going to give away my only slice of pie, how do I get more ? Do you give pie to someone who you think said something worthy of repping but pie is better than rep right or am I confused?????

Edited by trucpfan, 22 October 2010 - 02:37 PM.

#144 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:54 PM

does giving pie give you more slices to give to others?? either way, I may not agree with what you said but hey, pie is tasty. enjoy. /derail.

#145 trucpfan

trucpfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:06 PM

does giving pie give you more slices to give to others?? either way, I may not agree with what you said but hey, pie is tasty. enjoy. /derail.

Man your crazy I needed a good laugh appreciate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com