29 replies to this topic

#1 Laetitia

Laetitia

I serve only Zod

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:20 PM

(BY LORENZO PEREZ, STAFF WRITER) North Carolina senior cornerback Kendric Burney will not be available to play this Saturday against Miami because of an unresolved issue, the university announced this afternoon.p/In addition, junior cornerback Charles Brown will miss the remainder of the 2010 season but will have one season of athletic eligibility remaining.

More...

#2 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:42 PM

de fu ck?

#3 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,365 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:00 PM

I hate the NCAA . this is so much bullshit. they are trying to make UNC into an example, and want us to lose. fug the NCAA

#4 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,603 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:34 PM

Interesting, off of the ESPN related article talking about Brown being done...they mentioned Houston may redshirt. Ryan could be making a good move going that route.

#5 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:34 PM

I hate the NCAA . this is so much bullpoo. they are trying to make UNC into an example, and want us to lose. fug the NCAA

Are you freaking kidding me? They are letting kids that got suspended use redhirts for pete's sake. Stop crying...they cheated, they are being punished (somewhat) and are still being allowed to have all of their years of eligibility.

As for Burney, they are trying to get him into a class SEVEN weeks into the semester so that he has enough credit hours to be an eligible student. If that happens it will truly be a joke. Up to this point this whole fiasco has been a joke. UNC has suspended who they wanted to suspend (because they were going pro next year anyways). Charles Brown and Ryan Houston redshirting just shows how little UNC cares about the academics of this whole thing. Where players get kicked off other teams for violations that are much less, Butch Davis and Dick Baddour are doing everything they can to exonerate their athletes and basically make a mockery of academia in the process.

#6 Matt Moore

Matt Moore

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:04 PM

well at least they're honest

they don't give a FU CK about anything but winning

#7 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,365 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:35 PM

Are you freaking kidding me? They are letting kids that got suspended use redhirts for pete's sake. Stop crying...they cheated, they are being punished (somewhat) and are still being allowed to have all of their years of eligibility.

As for Burney, they are trying to get him into a class SEVEN weeks into the semester so that he has enough credit hours to be an eligible student. If that happens it will truly be a joke. Up to this point this whole fiasco has been a joke. UNC has suspended who they wanted to suspend (because they were going pro next year anyways). Charles Brown and Ryan Houston redshirting just shows how little UNC cares about the academics of this whole thing. Where players get kicked off other teams for violations that are much less, Butch Davis and Dick Baddour are doing everything they can to exonerate their athletes and basically make a mockery of academia in the process.

what team do you cheer for? Are you positive this hasn't or will never happen at your school? Do you like the Panthers? Do you think no one on the panthers had agent contact or cheated??? Didn't think so, because cheating happens everywhere!!! Fact.fact.fact.fact. And agent contact is so prevalent one former agent said only three players in his entire career refused benefits: Three.

Hey but good try trying to make it seem like big bad UNC is the only one doing this stuff.....maybe you should go troll every other college football message board.

OH and no one has been convicted of cheating yet so I don't know where you got that from . I never once complained about Quinn, Austin, or Little, although agent contact is happens all the time they were idiots about it (particularly Austin). I am complaining that the NCAA has royally screwed our season (had no secondary verse LSU which hurt us terribly-they are 6th in the nation now if you haven't noticed) and yet are still trying to further destroy us, to make an example out of us.

How is it crying when the NCAA who has been on UNC's campus since late July/August still has yet to "resolve" Burney's case. To top it off, they cleared him to play after a six game suspension.....and now are going back on it. Please, you would be pissed off too. And who the *** cares how many hours he is taking? Once again this happens everywhere. Players take lots of summer school hours so they can lighten their fall semester.

In no way am I condoning agent contact and cheating, but both happen all the time. The agent system clearly needs to be changed, and cheating is going to continue to happen no matter what so I don't know what to do with that. Point being you act like UNC is terrible organization when I guarantee almost every other competitive college team out there would do the exact same thing.

UNC just got unlucky because the NCAA list of "whose programs should we screw over next" led them to us. We are the perfect school to take down. Marginally good ACC team, but predicted to have a pretty good year, doesn't generate enough revenue to make a huge impact (ie SEC schools), but is a recognizable enough name to potentially scare future offenders, and we have a ton of NFL prospects. I bet NCAA agents were salivating when they started to uncover this.

Edited by Panthers8192, 20 October 2010 - 11:39 PM.

#8 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,143 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:40 PM

what team do you cheer for?

Who do you think? What one school can't go a day without bashing UNC?

#9 Matt Moore

Matt Moore

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:53 PM

Who do you think? What one school can't go a day without bashing UNC?

I would like to hear your thoughts on the rest of the post above yours

#10 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,143 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:57 PM

I would like to hear your thoughts on the rest of the post above yours

i dont care about entertaining you stater

#11 Matt Moore

Matt Moore

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:03 AM

this escapade has provided plenty

#12 iamcline

iamcline

• HUDDLER
  • 2,603 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:13 AM

I hate the NCAA . this is so much bullpoo. they are trying to make UNC into an example, and want us to lose. fug the NCAA

Posted Image

#13 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,365 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:29 AM

Posted Image

wait sorry i'm confused are you telling me not to feed the troll or telling everyone else that I am a troll?

#14 iamcline

iamcline

• HUDDLER
  • 2,603 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:24 AM

wait sorry i'm confused are you telling me not to feed the troll or telling everyone else that I am a troll?

Telling you not to feed the troll. There are "certain" members here that never show up on a good news UNC thread, but the minute something bad pops up...they show up with a clipboard and laptop.

#15 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:39 AM

Right... and all NCSU football players are so smart that they suck at football? You actually think Davis and Baddour would put their jobs on the line for a couple of players who have cheated? You also think the NCAA is not advising the AD of who to suspend and who to clear? Who are the players kicked off the team and what team?

You name a player that has stepped on to the field for Carolina that has been suspended or has cheated? Truth is, most want to talk football... the players who are have actually played and you want to talk about academics. Alright, Carolina is the best public school in the state and one of the best in the country, next question?

Edited by weyco2000, 21 October 2010 - 03:45 AM.
and for or...duh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.