Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNC's Burney out for Miami game, Brown out for season

30 posts in this topic

Posted

troll-web.jpg

wait sorry i'm confused are you telling me not to feed the troll or telling everyone else that I am a troll?

Posted

wait sorry i'm confused are you telling me not to feed the troll or telling everyone else that I am a troll?

Telling you not to feed the troll. There are "certain" members here that never show up on a good news UNC thread, but the minute something bad pops up...they show up with a clipboard and laptop.

Posted

Are you freaking kidding me? They are letting kids that got suspended use redhirts for pete's sake. Stop crying...they cheated, they are being punished (somewhat) and are still being allowed to have all of their years of eligibility.

As for Burney, they are trying to get him into a class SEVEN weeks into the semester so that he has enough credit hours to be an eligible student. If that happens it will truly be a joke. Up to this point this whole fiasco has been a joke. UNC has suspended who they wanted to suspend (because they were going pro next year anyways). Charles Brown and Ryan Houston redshirting just shows how little UNC cares about the academics of this whole thing. Where players get kicked off other teams for violations that are much less, Butch Davis and Dick Baddour are doing everything they can to exonerate their athletes and basically make a mockery of academia in the process.

Right... and all NCSU football players are so smart that they suck at football? You actually think Davis and Baddour would put their jobs on the line for a couple of players who have cheated? You also think the NCAA is not advising the AD of who to suspend and who to clear? Who are the players kicked off the team and what team?

You name a player that has stepped on to the field for Carolina that has been suspended or has cheated? Truth is, most want to talk football... the players who are have actually played and you want to talk about academics. Alright, Carolina is the best public school in the state and one of the best in the country, next question?

1 person likes this

Posted

Where is Tweeder. I need someone with an IQ above that of a baby chimp to argue with me...

If someone compares NCSU to UNC one more time I am going to convert to being a Tampa Bay Bucs fan. There is no comparison between the standards at NCSU with TOB and the standards (or lackthereof) at UNC with BMFD.

- Redshirting kids that have CHEATED so that they won't lose a year of eligibility is straight out of the "How to Spin Cheating So It Looks OK" handbook.

- Inserting kids into classes HALFWAY through the semester (that aren't transfers or some sort) is a joke. Really...the kid has done ZERO work and taken ZERO tests at the halfway point at "one of the best state colleges in the US" and he is going to pass?

- Fighting for your kids after they were pronounced GUILTY for taking money (talking about Burney and Williams) is the definition of putting athletics before academia.

Your AD and coach have done all the talking through their actions. They don't care any more about educating these guys than they do about educating a kid from the street that they barely know. These kids mean one thing to them...$$$$$$. The permenantly suspended the ones that they knew were going to the NFL and they created loopholes for the ones that they knew were coming back. How anyone thinks there is any sort of credibility left in that football program is beyond me.

Posted

well at least Im smarter than a baby chimp :cool:

Posted

Where is Tweeder. I need someone with an IQ above that of a baby chimp to argue with me...

If someone compares NCSU to UNC one more time I am going to convert to being a Tampa Bay Bucs fan. There is no comparison between the standards at NCSU with TOB and the standards (or lackthereof) at UNC with BMFD.

- Redshirting kids that have CHEATED so that they won't lose a year of eligibility is straight out of the "How to Spin Cheating So It Looks OK" handbook.

- Inserting kids into classes HALFWAY through the semester (that aren't transfers or some sort) is a joke. Really...the kid has done ZERO work and taken ZERO tests at the halfway point at "one of the best state colleges in the US" and he is going to pass?

- Fighting for your kids after they were pronounced GUILTY for taking money (talking about Burney and Williams) is the definition of putting athletics before academia.

Your AD and coach have done all the talking through their actions. They don't care any more about educating these guys than they do about educating a kid from the street that they barely know. These kids mean one thing to them...$$$$$$. The permenantly suspended the ones that they knew were going to the NFL and they created loopholes for the ones that they knew were coming back. How anyone thinks there is any sort of credibility left in that football program is beyond me.

you didn't respond to my post at all......Insulting our intelligence over the internet is rather childish wouldn't you say?

Also, chimps are actually one of the most intelligent animals on the planet. So I can't tell if you couldn't think of a good insult and panicked or are saying that our intelligence level is below yours, but not too low. Huh?

I am honestly interested in you answering my question. If you are going to hold UNC to this high of standards then I don't see how you can like every player or possibly most of the players on the Panthers......No offense to Chris Gamble, but his specialty resides on the playing field and not in the classroom. Do you really think he never one cheated in college? And none of our players have ever had agent contact??

Sorry pcline I had to respond.....

Posted

you didn't respond to my post at all......Insulting our intelligence over the internet is rather childish wouldn't you say?

Also, chimps are actually one of the most intelligent animals on the planet. So I can't tell if you couldn't think of a good insult and panicked or are saying that our intelligence level is below yours, but not too low. Huh?

I am honestly interested in you answering my question. If you are going to hold UNC to this high of standards then I don't see how you can like every player or possibly most of the players on the Panthers......No offense to Chris Gamble, but his specialty resides on the playing field and not in the classroom. Do you really think he never one cheated in college? And none of our players have ever had agent contact??

Sorry pcline I had to respond.....

He has trouble distinguishing the difference between accused of, and being found guilty of. So how can you have an intelligent conversation with this person? He appears that he didn't even go to college, much less one of quality such as NCSU. If he did go to State, then you can see how much they actually care about academics.

1 person likes this

Posted

bookmarked

Posted

Are we gonna talk football now or GPA's?

Posted

:lurk5:

Posted

"you are a retarded ape"

"well i take that as a compliment"

walmart fans exchange high fives

1 person likes this

Posted

"you are a retarded ape"

"well i take that as a compliment"

walmart fans exchange high fives

I didn't say that I said that it was an awful insult.....

Back to football: Burney would have been huge to have back this game, not just because of his performance last year against Miami, but because harris is incredibly interception prone. I think Searcy and Williams will still be able to cover for the loss of Burney. I'm honestly worried about Miami's special teams having a huge game.