Photo
- - - - -

UNC's Burney out for Miami game, Brown out for season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#16 unicar15

unicar15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:25 AM

Where is Tweeder. I need someone with an IQ above that of a baby chimp to argue with me...

If someone compares NCSU to UNC one more time I am going to convert to being a Tampa Bay Bucs fan. There is no comparison between the standards at NCSU with TOB and the standards (or lackthereof) at UNC with BMFD.

- Redshirting kids that have CHEATED so that they won't lose a year of eligibility is straight out of the "How to Spin Cheating So It Looks OK" handbook.

- Inserting kids into classes HALFWAY through the semester (that aren't transfers or some sort) is a joke. Really...the kid has done ZERO work and taken ZERO tests at the halfway point at "one of the best state colleges in the US" and he is going to pass?

- Fighting for your kids after they were pronounced GUILTY for taking money (talking about Burney and Williams) is the definition of putting athletics before academia.

Your AD and coach have done all the talking through their actions. They don't care any more about educating these guys than they do about educating a kid from the street that they barely know. These kids mean one thing to them...$$$$$$. The permenantly suspended the ones that they knew were going to the NFL and they created loopholes for the ones that they knew were coming back. How anyone thinks there is any sort of credibility left in that football program is beyond me.

#17 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:56 AM

well at least Im smarter than a baby chimp :cool:

#18 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

HUDDLER

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:23 AM

Where is Tweeder. I need someone with an IQ above that of a baby chimp to argue with me...

If someone compares NCSU to UNC one more time I am going to convert to being a Tampa Bay Bucs fan. There is no comparison between the standards at NCSU with TOB and the standards (or lackthereof) at UNC with BMFD.

- Redshirting kids that have CHEATED so that they won't lose a year of eligibility is straight out of the "How to Spin Cheating So It Looks OK" handbook.

- Inserting kids into classes HALFWAY through the semester (that aren't transfers or some sort) is a joke. Really...the kid has done ZERO work and taken ZERO tests at the halfway point at "one of the best state colleges in the US" and he is going to pass?

- Fighting for your kids after they were pronounced GUILTY for taking money (talking about Burney and Williams) is the definition of putting athletics before academia.

Your AD and coach have done all the talking through their actions. They don't care any more about educating these guys than they do about educating a kid from the street that they barely know. These kids mean one thing to them...$$$$$$. The permenantly suspended the ones that they knew were going to the NFL and they created loopholes for the ones that they knew were coming back. How anyone thinks there is any sort of credibility left in that football program is beyond me.

you didn't respond to my post at all......Insulting our intelligence over the internet is rather childish wouldn't you say?

Also, chimps are actually one of the most intelligent animals on the planet. So I can't tell if you couldn't think of a good insult and panicked or are saying that our intelligence level is below yours, but not too low. Huh?

I am honestly interested in you answering my question. If you are going to hold UNC to this high of standards then I don't see how you can like every player or possibly most of the players on the Panthers......No offense to Chris Gamble, but his specialty resides on the playing field and not in the classroom. Do you really think he never one cheated in college? And none of our players have ever had agent contact??

Sorry pcline I had to respond.....

#19 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:05 AM

you didn't respond to my post at all......Insulting our intelligence over the internet is rather childish wouldn't you say?

Also, chimps are actually one of the most intelligent animals on the planet. So I can't tell if you couldn't think of a good insult and panicked or are saying that our intelligence level is below yours, but not too low. Huh?

I am honestly interested in you answering my question. If you are going to hold UNC to this high of standards then I don't see how you can like every player or possibly most of the players on the Panthers......No offense to Chris Gamble, but his specialty resides on the playing field and not in the classroom. Do you really think he never one cheated in college? And none of our players have ever had agent contact??

Sorry pcline I had to respond.....

He has trouble distinguishing the difference between accused of, and being found guilty of. So how can you have an intelligent conversation with this person? He appears that he didn't even go to college, much less one of quality such as NCSU. If he did go to State, then you can see how much they actually care about academics.

#20 Matt Moore

Matt Moore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:39 PM

bookmarked

#21 weyco2000

weyco2000

HUDDLER

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:46 PM

Are we gonna talk football now or GPA's?

#22 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

Moderators

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:50 PM

:lurk5:

#23 Matt Moore

Matt Moore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:26 PM

"you are a retarded ape"

"well i take that as a compliment"

walmart fans exchange high fives

#24 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

HUDDLER

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:03 PM

"you are a retarded ape"

"well i take that as a compliment"

walmart fans exchange high fives

I didn't say that I said that it was an awful insult.....

Back to football: Burney would have been huge to have back this game, not just because of his performance last year against Miami, but because harris is incredibly interception prone. I think Searcy and Williams will still be able to cover for the loss of Burney. I'm honestly worried about Miami's special teams having a huge game.

#25 monstercat

monstercat

HUDDLER

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:24 PM

If TOB's standards are so high, then why is JR Sweezy allowed anywhere near his program? That kid was arrested twice in a matter of weeks. Yeah, I know the charges were dropped on a technicality in one case, but that doesn't mean it never happened. And don't tell me how he sat some players out against WCU, because that's hardly a sacrifice.

At least Burney and Brown didn't break any laws.

Also, why was there no follow up investigation on those injectable ephedrine sulfide capsules that were found in the apartment of those NC State players (including Sweezy) when they were busted for pot? That is clearly a banned substance and is commonly used as part of a PED regimen. If those kids are on PED's then that's 10 times worse than what any UNC player did, because it gives them and unfair advantage on the field.

It's kind of funny how the ephedrine was reported and then quickly went away.

Edited by monstercat, 21 October 2010 - 03:38 PM.

#26 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:32 PM

If TOB's standards are so high, then why is JR Sweezy allowed anywhere near his program? That kid was arrested twice in a matter of weeks. Yeah, I know the charges were dropped on a technicality in one case, but that doesn't mean it never happened. And don't tell me how he sat some players out against WCU, because that's hardly a sacrifice.

At least Burney and Brown didn't break any laws.

Also, why was there no follow up investigation on those injectable ephedrine sulfide capsules that were found in the apartment of those NC State players (including Sweezy) when they were busted for pot? That is clearly a banned substance and is commonly used as part of a PED regimen. If those kids are on PED's then that's 10 times worse than what any UNC player did, because it gives them and unfair advantage on the field.

It's kind of funny how the ephedrine was reported and then quickly went away.

b/c Staters are so far up carolina's ass that they cant see their own hypocracies

#27 monstercat

monstercat

HUDDLER

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:59 PM

b/c Staters are so far up carolina's ass that they cant see their own hypocracies

Yeah, I don't remember Unicar getting up on his little self rightious soap box and damanding the truth from TOB when his players got in trouble. In fact, the entire NC State fan base pretty much ignored the injectable ephedrine that was found. I doubt they would question any explanation those players gave for having that stuff either...and there is no good one. That stuff is banned by the NCAA and the NFL, and the only reason to have it is if you have severe asthma. Now I'm no doctor, but it's awfully hard for me to believe that a guy could play big time college football and smoke weed in his spare time if he has severe asthma.

#28 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

HUDDLER

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:32 PM

Does the Huddle have a Hall Of Fame? This thread is loaded with quality.

#29 weyco2000

weyco2000

HUDDLER

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:02 PM

Does the Huddle have a Hall Of Fame? This thread is loaded with quality.

No doubt!!! Hopefully Yates plays well again and the OL gives him some time to throw. IMO, the OL has really came into it's own the last few games, they just need to cut down on penalties. ST may make or break the Heels, hopefully the defense can force some early turnovers. Should be an exciting game!

#30 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

HUDDLER

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:34 PM

No doubt!!! Hopefully Yates plays well again and the OL gives him some time to throw. IMO, the OL has really came into it's own the last few games, they just need to cut down on penalties. ST may make or break the Heels, hopefully the defense can force some early turnovers. Should be an exciting game!

Hopefully not too exciting lol. I need to save the self-pitty for the Panther games.