Photo
- - - - -

I'm not tired of defending Obama...but I am done.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
86 replies to this topic

#76 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:18 AM

They've got us judging each other. Sad.

#77 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:17 AM

I loved how Obama had the meeting with Repubicans to get their ideas and try to come to a compromise on healthcare.

And then you heard Hannity, Limbaugh, O'Reilly and all the right wingers say "ohhhhhh this is a trap" like they were scared. Like Obama was sending them into a lions den.

John Stewart did a perfect video about this. How republicans can think a civil discourse, is a freaking trap LOL. Look up the video of Stewart, it's hilarious.

#78 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:41 AM

I loved how Obama had the meeting with Repubicans to get their ideas and try to come to a compromise on healthcare.

And then you heard Hannity, Limbaugh, O'Reilly and all the right wingers say "ohhhhhh this is a trap" like they were scared. Like Obama was sending them into a lions den.

John Stewart did a perfect video about this. How republicans can think a civil discourse, is a freaking trap LOL. Look up the video of Stewart, it's hilarious.

Obama is a politician from Chicago.

Break any notions you have of him being a compromising and fair leader.

#79 MCP

MCP

Peace, Love, Uke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:04 PM

I love how you seem to be so completely clueless, about the reality of politics, that you can't even comprehend, that in this case, the republicans were more than likely correct, or how you seem to miss the fact that John Stewart, making fun of things on TV, can make anyone , or anything look stupid.

#80 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:50 PM

I love how you seem to be so completely clueless, about the reality of politics, that you can't even comprehend, that in this case, the republicans were more than likely correct, or how you seem to miss the fact that John Stewart, making fun of things on TV, can make anyone , or anything look stupid.

John Stewart, voted by you the people, was voted best place to get the news. Just stating a fact.

#81 MCP

MCP

Peace, Love, Uke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:17 PM

John Stewart, voted by you the people, was voted best place to get the news. Just stating a fact.

Just shows the ignorance of the people that voted in that poll.

#82 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

HUDDLER

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:44 PM

all mainstream media is garbage

#83 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

HUDDLER

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:09 PM

"Just stating a fact" :rofl:

#84 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:29 AM

Obama outlines concessions to Republicans

from the article.

In a letter to congressional leaders, Obama outlined four concerns Republicans raised at last week's healthcare summit that he says willing to address: fraud and abuse, medical malpractice reform, Medicare Advantage carve-outs for specifics states, and health savings accounts.

Let's just see...fraud and abuse. Well no s**t. That should be a focus NOW...not contingent on the whether the bill was signed or not.

Medical malpractice reform. Hmm...let's see. Government is now going to be taking on more liability for healthcare decisions. Damned straight a liberal better make sure they (government) can't be sued as much. Fail 2.

Medicare Advantage carve outs? Explain that one.

Health savings accounts. Yes...Obama's conceding that one of the BEST things going for people's personal healthcare should NOT have been touched by Obamacare. People setting aside tax-free money for medical items/services...horrid right?

I'm sorry...those concessions were BS talking points with no teeth.

#85 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:01 AM

Yes, the 4 concerns the Republicans raised here are BS.

1. Thats always an issue and something non partisan, included in complaints just because it sounds good to say. You know, like how when pressed for what the Tea Party candidates are going to actually cut, they mumble something about fraud and abuse.

2. This is not really malpractice reform, it's the doctors lobbyists wanting to get their folks more money. Since the whole "goverment is taking over healthcare" is a total lie, not really sure what you are getting at with your point other than demonstrating your ignorance.

3. Programs shift. Maybe the curtailment of Bushes gift? You know, back when Medicare was not somehow an evil goverment takeover of the health care industry. Haha.

4. We all know these are not being used in any way, shape or form like their proponents thought they would, and I think they would have undercut some other parts of the reform but I'm not sure. Again, a simplistic talking point by Republicans to suggest that "our freedoms are being taken away".

So yes, the Repubicans concerns were mostly BS - but of course you know that since the law as passed IS a Republican plan with a few Democratic concessions.

#86 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:35 AM

Yes, the 4 concerns the Republicans raised here are BS.

4. We all know these are not being used in any way, shape or form like their proponents thought they would, and I think they would have undercut some other parts of the reform but I'm not sure.

I am not sure what you mean by that? How was it suppose to be used, and how is it being used. Speaking as someone who uses one, I think the changes in it are wrong, although the impact is more of a minor annoyance than a serious problem.

#87 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:12 AM

Well that kind of gets to the point - not a serious problem. From what I remember when all this was raging, the amount of people that used these accounts were far below what was envisioned because the window where it makes sense to use them is so small. There are some advantages but really, nothing is being sacrificed other than opponents arm flailing.