Photo
- - - - -

I'm not tired of defending Obama...but I am done.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
86 replies to this topic

#85 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:01 AM

Yes, the 4 concerns the Republicans raised here are BS.

1. Thats always an issue and something non partisan, included in complaints just because it sounds good to say. You know, like how when pressed for what the Tea Party candidates are going to actually cut, they mumble something about fraud and abuse.

2. This is not really malpractice reform, it's the doctors lobbyists wanting to get their folks more money. Since the whole "goverment is taking over healthcare" is a total lie, not really sure what you are getting at with your point other than demonstrating your ignorance.

3. Programs shift. Maybe the curtailment of Bushes gift? You know, back when Medicare was not somehow an evil goverment takeover of the health care industry. Haha.

4. We all know these are not being used in any way, shape or form like their proponents thought they would, and I think they would have undercut some other parts of the reform but I'm not sure. Again, a simplistic talking point by Republicans to suggest that "our freedoms are being taken away".

So yes, the Repubicans concerns were mostly BS - but of course you know that since the law as passed IS a Republican plan with a few Democratic concessions.

#86 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:35 AM

Yes, the 4 concerns the Republicans raised here are BS.

4. We all know these are not being used in any way, shape or form like their proponents thought they would, and I think they would have undercut some other parts of the reform but I'm not sure.

I am not sure what you mean by that? How was it suppose to be used, and how is it being used. Speaking as someone who uses one, I think the changes in it are wrong, although the impact is more of a minor annoyance than a serious problem.

#87 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:12 AM

Well that kind of gets to the point - not a serious problem. From what I remember when all this was raging, the amount of people that used these accounts were far below what was envisioned because the window where it makes sense to use them is so small. There are some advantages but really, nothing is being sacrificed other than opponents arm flailing.