36 replies to this topic

#16 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,390 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:29 PM

Hurney is our GM, and will be next season. He will not select a QB. not not not not not. not infinity.

#17 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,064 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:31 PM

You'd still get drafted and get a huge contract if you're a top draft pick. Why risk tens of millions of dollars to stay in college one more year?

I don't think you would get a huge contract.

If there was no football, teams will NOT be inclined to sign the players to big contracts. There would be dozens of unsigned draft picks 6 and 9 months after the draft.

#18 uncpanther

uncpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:37 PM

We need help in other areas besides QB and the chance of this guy coming in and lighting it up first year is slim. We need offensive help, WR, Oline. I would not be pissed if we got a defensive stud either. Wait a year and see if Clausen can get into his own, then if not make a move for a QB.

#19 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:05 PM

More talented conference than the PAC10? Maybe some more defensive teams but certainly they are among the most talented conferences in the country.

#20 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:13 PM

More talented conference than the PAC10? Maybe some more defensive teams but certainly they are among the most talented conferences in the country.

Nobody in the Pac-10 seems 2 play defense like the Sec so QB in that conferance put up ridculous #. Mallet might not be a better QB then Luck but you know week after week he's played against talented defenders week after week.

#21 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,563 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:18 PM

We need help in other areas besides QB and the chance of this guy coming in and lighting it up first year is slim. We need offensive help, WR, Oline. I would not be pissed if we got a defensive stud either. Wait a year and see if Clausen can get into his own, then if not make a move for a QB.

if we could get the next peyton manning, would you not want to get him? not saying he is but there is probably no greater need right now for the team than QB. why would you not want to get the best one available? clausen could be good and even great but i think luck could be better.

main thing for me is if we somehow manage to get jim harbaugh as our HC and you can get his QB from college that he already has a relationship with, why wouldn't you do that?

CB is a huge need. so is WR but i want to make sure we have the best QB possible and build around that.

more and more my list for the first round of the draft is
1) luck
2) patrick peterson
3) aj green

#22 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,942 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:21 PM

A few of the top teams maybe, but by and large the conference doesn't have the top to bottom talent of the SEC or the Big 12.

#23 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:21 PM

More and more I'm wishing for a trade down or maybe the best DT. Maybe both.

#24 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,563 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:42 PM

DT shouldn't be drafted early in '11. it isn't a good year for it.

i'd much rather focus on FA or trade to get our DTs going forward.

#25 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • 4,929 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:50 PM

Too bad we really never do much in FA

#26 pantherfan81

pantherfan81

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:51 PM

Luck is legit. As a west coast cfb viewer, I'm not joking when I say, I believe he will be at least as good as Aaron Rodgers. Oh, and Locker sucks balls. I've seen Mallett play a few games and he chokes with the game on the line so I'll pass on him too. Sure he plays good defenses but he even misses open receivers at the worst times.

#27 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 5,328 posts
  • LocationMaine/Cali

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:57 PM

I'd prefer Peterson/Green to Luck.

This could easily change by the end of the season, however. I, along with everyone in Panther Nation, would like to know what we have in Clausen for certain.

#28 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,563 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:03 PM

Too bad we really never do much in FA

i'm thinking we probably will next year. it won't be a ton of players but we should be spending some money. lesson learned from this year is you go cheap and young and will you lose games and piss off fans.

the FO is going to have to make up for the 2010 season. from the sounds of it they will probably do that.

truthfully, a large part of the reason that we traditionally do very little in FA is that we just don't have the money for it. thats why when we do go after people it's the scrubs that we get. they try spinning it and saying that we like to find value picks but we have more or less been forced into digging for hidden treasure. we are usually at the very top of the cap and have no room to do anything. that won't be the case this coming year (or whenever the CBA gets done).

#29 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,563 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:15 PM

I'd prefer Peterson/Green to Luck.

This could easily change by the end of the season, however. I, along with everyone in Panther Nation, would like to know what we have in Clausen for certain.

for me it has more to do with just how rarely (hopefully) we have opportunities to draft this early and i would rather use that pick for someone we can build around. if clausen doesn't work out and luck proves to be a great QB then we are going to be kicking ourselves for years to come.

i would like to see more of clausen than moore this year just to get a better idea of what clausen can do, fwiw. best case scenario he turns out to be great when he gets another shot this year and we don't need to draft luck. i'm just not expecting that to happen at the moment.

a lot of it has to do also with who we have as a HC next year. if he doesn't like clausen or doesn't think that clausen will fit what he wants to do then i have no problem with him getting who he wants.

#30 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 11,943 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:31 PM

How can you have NPH on a unicorn as your avatar, and then say 'No Homo'?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.