93 replies to this topic

#16 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:34 AM

Now if a couple of players still on the team would do it.

They asked Buck about that last week also and without going into much detail he said that they are not allowed to. He said it is the younger/newer guys on the team like Chris Harris, Beason, etc that give 120% would love to do that but for whatever reason are not allowed to. He basically said the organization has always handled Pep with "kid gloves". Something tells me you may hear some players speak out once he is gone.

#17 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,321 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:38 AM

man i am not going to speak ill of peppers cause if he wanted to be here it would be all good...now that he is leaving he is lazy and does not have fire...bullshit..peppers is great...and the defense he was playing in has been holding him back for years

#18 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:39 AM

They asked Buck about that last week also and without going into much detail he said that they are not allowed to. He said it is the younger/newer guys on the team like Chris Harris, Beason, etc that give 120% would love to do that but for whatever reason are not allowed to. He basically said the organization has always handled Pep with "kid gloves". Something tells me you may hear some players speak out once he is gone.

Funny thing is, if Beason left the team after next season the fans would be ripping him on this board, just as they are doing to Pep now.

#19 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,797 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:39 AM

Should be a nice long thread that day. I just hope I;m here early enough to read it, instead of catching up.

#20 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:41 AM

Yeah, I saw how the Dolphins did. I also saw the Panthers finish with a better record and a first round bye. Both teams lost their first playoff game.

Did you see how the Dolphins did last year 1-15 and mad a remarkable recovery to get to the playoffs. As far as I am concerned they wanted it more than us. Hell everyone wanted more than the Panther because we lost by 20 or so points.

#21 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:42 AM

Funny thing is, if Beason left the team after next season the fans would be ripping him on this board, just as they are doing to Pep now.

I dunno, the difference being in some people's eyes Peppers has not met expectations (although they were set very high) and has not given 100% while here, not sure anyone in their right mind could say that about Beason.

But then again....how many people on here are in their right mind....:)

#22 carolinaAl

carolinaAl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:43 AM

It won't damage his stock.

Buck said some stupid team will spend a gazillion and pay Pep the big money but they would be making a mistake.

He used several examples and comparisomns of other players like James Harrison in Pittsburg, said no matter is blocking them they make waves. Said Peppers lets rookie and 2nd string Olineman shut him down.

#23 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,348 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:45 AM

Depends on how he left now doesn't it.

#24 PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme

The Greatest!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:48 AM

I still like Pep as a player and anything Buck says means NOTHING to me... remember we let him go b/c he was a cancer in the locker room, and he was playing poorly

so Buckner isnt the best gauge to go by

#25 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:50 AM

I still like Pep as a player and anything Buck says means NOTHING to me... remember we let him go b/c he was a cancer in the locker room, and he was playing poorly

He is a better gauge than a bunch of fans on a message board. This guy was in the trenches with him.

#26 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,832 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:51 AM

Buckner's been bitching about Peppers since before he got his show, I know with how things are going at the moment people are listening to him more but he is just being bitter that he never was able to make the money that Peppers has been making and is going to make.

#27 carolinaAl

carolinaAl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:01 AM

Certainly Buck has an agenda when it comes to Peppers.

But alot of what he said is obvious.

Pep disappears in big games, he does get handled when he should dominate, ie rookie ol and 2nd stringers, he does take plays off, and to come out and says the Panthers help me back is a pussy way of doing things.

#28 panthers1789

panthers1789

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:07 AM

Beason will never quit on us for an entire season like Peppers did in 2007.

#29 Peppers Powa

Peppers Powa

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:07 AM

Everything Buck said is true...I was in denial because I was such a huge fan, but this guy knows Pep better than all of us and everything he is saying is pretty obvious if you look at it.

Remember all those games we analyzed about how well Pep was going to do because of the rookies he was going up against or how other sack leaders had career days against them...then Pep goes out and lays an egg and doesn't even show up. A complete non-factor.

Pep having his agent announce that he wants out of Charlotte fuq'd us big time so as far as I'm concerned, good riddance. DIAF!

#30 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:09 AM

Depends on how he left now doesn't it.

Peppers never held out at training camp. Just sayin'. Fans are fickle creatures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.