• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#31 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,041 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:18 AM

man i am not going to speak ill of peppers cause if he wanted to be here it would be all good...now that he is leaving he is lazy and does not have fire...bullsh*t..peppers is great...and the defense he was playing in has been holding him back for years

agree with you...before this most everybody was talking about peppers is one of the best and how he will not go anywere...

i dont think any less of him for wanting to go elsewere....and to it just sounds like the dude is hateing plain and simple

#32 Pumpkin Eater

Pumpkin Eater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:20 AM

He is a better gauge than a bunch of fans on a message board. This guy was in the trenches with him.

imaginary rep for you.

#33 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,586 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:27 AM

Can't they shutup until after we trade Peppers?

#34 carolinaAl

carolinaAl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:45 AM

man i am not going to speak ill of peppers cause if he wanted to be here it would be all good...now that he is leaving he is lazy and does not have fire...bullshit..peppers is great...and the defense he was playing in has been holding him back for years

Not sure who youv'e been listening to. Sure he's had his share of fans but I have been hearing people call him out for a long while now, well before he announced he is leaving. His heart, fire, and dissappearing act have been questioned for a long time.

#35 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,466 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:49 AM

Well it just proves that Buck and Rucker motivated Pep and Jenk. Simple as that. You also dont get any better guys then Ruck and Buck.

#36 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,466 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:53 AM

Buck.....a decent DT, that spent more time running his mouth than anything. Nothing wrong with that. :lol:

#37 Phillips86

Phillips86

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:57 AM

Funny thing is, if Beason left the team after next season the fans would be ripping him on this board, just as they are doing to Pep now.

Thats probuley not true. If Beason were to leave I think the reaction would be much like that of when Witherspoon left.

#38 mountainpantherfan

mountainpantherfan

In Honor of Sam Mills

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:58 AM

Not everyone has been kissing Peps ass. Several of us on the board where willing to trade him last offseason because of the very reasons that everyone is now citing.

Actually, I would have been one of the blind homers when it comes to Peppers if I had never went to training camp. It was there that you truely see the difference in a team/organization player like Smith, Delhomme, Williams and others and the ones that for all about me. Peppers doesn't care about anything except himself and money. Thats not a bad thing but if you are like that don't expect people to love and respect you and want you to stick around.

I'm sure the same things I saw at training camp were evident in the locker room. Bucker does have a gruge with Peppers but I don't think it's about money. It's more about the perception that most fans have of Peppers compared to the real Peppers. Honestly, how many threads have been started over his career with Carolina about him laughing and smiling after a lose? There was a reason he was laughing and smiling, he doesn't care about the team or the fans or the organization. He cares only about himself.

Want further proof? Read his statement his agent released last Friday night. Most on here assumes that Pep wants to go to a team that will compete for a championship. That was never said. All Peppers said he wanted was to become an elite player. Maybe its just me but in a game where playing as a team is more important than any other sport, focusing on being apart of the best team amosphere should be more important to the goal of winning championship than becoming an elite player. But thats just shows you what Peppers goals are.

Sorry for the rant but thats JMO.

#39 francois.nc

francois.nc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:05 AM

man i am not going to speak ill of peppers cause if he wanted to be here it would be all good...now that he is leaving he is lazy and does not have fire...bullsh*t..peppers is great...and the defense he was playing in has been holding him back for years

I think you are off, I think Peppers plays hard about 30-35 plays a year. He has always been lazy, I haven't liked him from the day we drafted him. Not saying that Carr or Harrington would have been better. I am just saying the 1 thing that everyone knew when he came out of college was that he was KNOWN to take plays off / not try with all his heart on every play.

#40 Badbak

Badbak

Official Huddle Recluse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationRock Hell, SC

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:06 AM

Buck went off on Pep again today, said he thinks the Panthers should try to sign Haynesworth to clog the inside with Kemo, sign a yound quick athletic DE and tell him to pin his ears back and go get the QB! He said Lucas is as good as gone and they will give Gross Lucas's money.

#41 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,871 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:08 AM

Damn right!

#42 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:10 AM

Funny thing is, if Beason left the team after next season the fans would be ripping him on this board, just as they are doing to Pep now.

No, Peppers has always been a lazy punk. Beason doesn't take plays off.

#43 francois.nc

francois.nc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:12 AM

I'm not saying that Peppers doesn't make great plays, because he does. He makes some of the most amazing plays in the NFL, unfortunetly other then those spectacular plays, he doesn't really do the really do the every play sort of work.

I know you all have seen a number of times when a play basically ends right at his feet and he doesn't even jump on the pile, or try to stop it from moving forward. I don't think there is 1 player on a team like the Ravens or Steelers that wouldn't give it their all on just about every play. You would never catch Ray Lewis or Terell Suggs just standing there and not helping out.

#44 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,871 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:16 AM

Buckner is a POS for speaking ill of Pep just because Pep apparently wants to leave. His mouth belies what little class that he really has. Furthermore, Buckner---like all of us---have seen what Julius did for our defense, and what he has done for our defense on Sundays. So don't give me any of that he knows better than the fans crap. Buckner was never ever the talent that Peppers was, and it showed on the field. As a matter of fact, he benefited from the presence of Peppers, just like everyone on the O-line has.

#45 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,466 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:21 AM

What a bunch of bitches. I am referring to everyone who is talking out of their asses about Peppers. I can understand being upset/disappointed that he wants to leave.
But to say he takes plays off, and talk how great Buckner is for doing what he's always done, run his mouth, is just stupid.

Anybody who watches the game knows Peppers doesn't take plays off.
If anything, his technique and his lack of moves is what disappointed me the most about Peppers. He's been in the league long enough that he should have all the technique down, and a book of moves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.