#16 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,308 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:16 AM

Nah, just wished people moved from obamamania into a patriotic mania by now.

Yep.
I was gonna start a thread on this. I get the historical moment. I love it and it's awesome.
But I too didn't want to appear cynical or taking something away from the moment.
I keep hearing the word inspiring. I am, but not from Obama, but the people and the process.
When there was aledgedly dark days and no hope the PEOPLE pulled thru yet again.
A white farmer dude from Nebraska and an a African American woman from the Bronx can sort through their emotions and own personal baggage to do what they think is best for the country by voting. THAT inspires me.

I just hope people don't go overboard in their expecations for Obama and even he himself feel that weight to deliver.
I think with what he inherits it's house money.
Nowhere to go but UP.

#17 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:19 AM

One thing I've taken from this so far is..........Michelle won't have to give Barrack a "Hummer" anytime soon. Most of the media are slobbering all over it and I don't see it stopping anytime soon. Chris Mathews in particular.

ps...Is there anyone in this country more full of hate than Obermann?

O'Reilly is right up there.

#18 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

I don't think Obama has encouraged it at all either. I think he has handled himself perfectly and humbly.

I just think its the rah rah group think left over from the election. Not too bright.

#19 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,352 posts
  • LocationILM

Nah, just wished people moved from obamamania into a patriotic mania by now.

Alot of folks didn't vote for him for the country, they voted for him thinking it would benefit them. IE: The little black girl who told a teach friend of mine recently that she didn't have to follow her class rules cause "WE in charge now" shortly after the election. Or the people on unemployment or welfare for life thinking that a vote for Obama was a vote for most money.

I hope they are all wrong, and he does what I think he really wants to do, make a stronger USA.

#20 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:23 AM

Alot of folks didn't vote for him for the country, they voted for him thinking it would benefit them. IE: The little black girl who told a teach friend of mine recently that she didn't have to follow her class rules cause "WE in charge now" shortly after the election. Or the people on unemployment or welfare for life thinking that a vote for Obama was a vote for most money.

I hope they are all wrong, and he does what I think he really wants to do, make a stronger USA.

I think he does. I heard his speech today is going to be about responsibility.

#21 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:24 AM

I think that amount of people is a very very very small percentage of the population.

#22 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,352 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:27 AM

I think that amount of people is a very very very small percentage of the population.

Really ?

I would guess it was about 40% of the folks that voted for him.

I voted for myself, so meh!

I have debated in his favor since the election, and any libertarian or conserve who doesn't at least give him a chance are just as bad as the liberals they cried about the past 8 years.

#23 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:27 AM

I think he does. I heard his speech today is going to be about responsibility.

Responsibilty and Accountability.....I hope the people Kurb is referring to look at each other and go "WTF!!!???? We didn't sign up for this!!!!"

Until proven otherwise, I have faith he will move us in the right direction.

#24 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:28 AM

Really ?

I would guess it was about 40% of the folks that voted for him.

I voted for myself, so meh!

I have debated in his favor since the election, and any libertarian or conserve who doesn't at least give him a chance are just as bad as the liberals they cried about the past 8 years.

There are a lot of things I don't like about him, but I'm giving him a chance. Soon as he makes a hard left turn, though, I'm off the bandwagon.

#25 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,256 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:31 AM

Meh, I do not hold them at fault for being caught up in the moment...what he offers people is hope.

#26 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,352 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:32 AM

Barney Frank looks like a cartoon character..

#27 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,352 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:43 AM

Jill Biden is a bit of a MILF isn't she..

MEEE YOWWW

#28 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,256 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:49 AM

I need a Prez limo....that thing looks badass

#29 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,352 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:00 AM

The tires are weird.

It has like lift kit on it or something.

#30 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,034 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:00 AM

Jill Biden is a bit of a MILF isn't she..

MEEE YOWWW

I heard she really messed up on Oprah the other day ... let it slip that Joe was offered the Secretary of State job or the VEEP job ... nobody was supposed to know that. Heard she didn't want him to do SOS because it involved too much travel.

No comment on her looks ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.