88 replies to this topic

#61 TarPanther9180

TarPanther9180

Ready for football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:16 AM

Cain was barely broke a sweat after handing Brock that beat down. I think a Carwin vs Cain fight would be good.

#62 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:28 AM

Told you that Lesnar was gonna have trouble with Velasquez.

He hasn't been able to prepare like he needs to I think.

#63 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:33 AM

Told you that Lesnar was gonna have trouble with Velasquez.

He hasn't been able to prepare like he needs to I think.

you can't prepare enough to change your mindset on being ok with being punched in the face. some people are fighters, and some people turtle and run.

#64 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:55 AM

by the way, Lesnar was curled up in a fetal position way longer in the Carwin fight. like 2-3 minutes rather the 1 minute before Herb Dean stopped this fight. Carwin delivered the same beatdown.

after Cain and Carwin both win their next fights and end up against each other, we'll see who the real champ is.

#65 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,415 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:56 AM

Since you two can't settle this how UFC fighters do, lets drop it and talk about the fights like adults shall we?

I personally thought Cain was going to be a punching bag. Brock had the size and reach on him and I just seen Cain as a repeat of Mir in Brock vs Mir 2. Cain is all around a great fighter and I'm glad to see a champ who worked his way up the UFC and wasn't favored due to his fame (Brock).

On a side note, Tito should retire and look into coaching, which I think is a strong point of his. His fighting style just can't match up now days.

Really IMO Cain had the upper hand on Brock. Most announcers had to make up excuses for him not to face Lesner before he did. They said he could not punch hard enough and they said he would be overwhelmed. The fact is this guy has a good base and very good boxing skills shown by what he did to Lesnar. No he didnt knock him out but he picked him apart like no other fighter could.

Also I dont get the hate for Lesnar. He came in raw and all he has done is perform. He has beat some of the best heavy weights in the game and people still hate him. Give the guy some respect he is still learning and will get better.

Lets face it they avoided putting Mir or Carwin in the ring to face Cain for the simple fact they could not beat him. If anyone has had a easy road its been those two.

#66 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,415 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:05 AM

by the way, Lesnar was curled up in a fetal position way longer in the Carwin fight. like 2-3 minutes rather the 1 minute before Herb Dean stopped this fight. Carwin delivered the same beatdown.

after Cain and Carwin both win their next fights and end up against each other, we'll see who the real champ is.

You do realize Carwin got put out by lesnar right? He had his way with him in the second round put him in the ground and choked him till he had to submit. Some guys go to sleep before admitting defeat. Carwin gave in like a little girl.

LMFAO Carwin has his hands full just beating Roy Nelson much less Cain. Besides there will be a Lesnar rematch before Carwin gets another chance.

#67 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:19 AM

fact: If Herb Dean was the ref in that fight, there would have been no 2nd round, and Shane Carwin would be your HW Champion.

#68 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,415 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:28 AM

fact: If Herb Dean was the ref in that fight, there would have been no 2nd round, and Shane Carwin would be your HW Champion.

Dude get over it... Same thing happened last night and they didnt stop it till Lesnar was gone. Carwinis is a one trick pony ran out of gas. Dude has some great punches but his ground game is lacking.

Lets talk about something better like how GSP is going to dismantle Koscheck. Or who going to win with Rampage and Machida.

#69 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:30 AM

Dude has some great punches but his ground game is lacking.

"dude" is a national wrestling champion. once again, SFGF proves he has no idea what he's talking about.

#70 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:38 AM

for those that didn't see the fight, here is The Twirl ™.

notice the short left hook Cain caught as Brock was going for the takedown.

Posted Image

#71 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,415 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:39 AM

"dude" is a national wrestling champion. once again, SFGF proves he has no idea what he's talking about.

Dude actions speak louder then words. He got put on the ground and choked out... Thus ether Brock is the man or Carwins ground game is lacking. You choose.

#72 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:48 AM

or he literally had rigor mortis because he gassed out kicking Lesnar's ass for a full round, which was allowed to go on for too long and should've been stopped.

even a casual fight fan can understand the reality of that.

#73 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:06 AM

Diego Sanchez really made me happy too. I missed him yelling "YES!" as he walked into the cage but his performance was awesome, like the old Diego. When he picked up Paulo and was yelling then slammed him down I knew he was back. If he keeps his mental game tight he has an infinite ceiling.

#74 TarPanther9180

TarPanther9180

Ready for football

• HUDDLER
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:08 AM

or he literally had rigor mortis because he gassed out kicking Lesnar's ass for a full round, which was allowed to go on for too long and should've been stopped.

even a casual fight fan can understand the reality of that.

This.

#75 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,717 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:00 PM

You know how when you were a kid, you'd get two wasps in a jar, shake it up and watch them fight?

That works with MMA fans too :sosp:

(not yet to the level it does with NASCAR fans, mind you, but it's getting there)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.