• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,902 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:45 AM

Political Correctness:
The art of replacing one offensive term with an vague, often more offensive term.

# Political correctness started with the radical idea that insulting people based on ethnicity, gender/ sexual orientation, or medical conditions is kind of a dick move and should be frowned upon.
# Insulting people based on their height, weight, age, hometown, economic status, and whether or not they believe in God is still completely acceptable.
# People should complain about how Politically Correct terms are often offensive in their own right.
# Unfortunately, most of the people who do complain about Political Correctness are old white men who wish they could be bigots openly again.

http://www.cracked.c...al-correctness/

With charts and graphs.

#2 beach

beach

|-~~-~-~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,075 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:24 PM

rep. charts and graphs ftw

#3 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:16 PM

Who said "Racism is a lazy man's substitute for using good judgment... Common sense becomes racism when skin color becomes a formula for figuring out who is a danger to me."?

#4 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:53 PM

Who said "Racism is a lazy man's substitute for using good judgment... Common sense becomes racism when skin color becomes a formula for figuring out who is a danger to me."?

No, see, it's perfectly reasonable to get nervous around people who look different. Just ask Meat.

Or Juan Williams when he's looking to cater to the Teabagger crowd and wrangle a $2 million contract with Fox News. He'll say whatever you want.

Edited by cantrell, 23 October 2010 - 09:59 PM.

#5 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 9,782 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:44 PM

No, see, it's perfectly reasonable to get nervous around people who look different. Just ask Meat.

Or Juan Williams when he's looking to cater to the Teabagger crowd and wrangle a $2 million contract with Fox News. He'll say whatever you want.

Yep. That's what happened. And 9/11 was an inside job.

#6 cantrell

cantrell

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:09 AM

Yep. That's what happened. And 9/11 was an inside job.

Is that why he went on Fox News and totally contradicted himself? You DON'T think he was pandering to the mouth-breathing Fox News audience? Remember, “"Racism is a lazy man's substitute for using good judgment... Common sense becomes racism when skin color becomes a formula for figuring out who is a danger to me."

#7 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:47 AM

Hah, the 1st amendment...that ole thing?!?!

#8 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:57 AM

Hah, the 1st amendment...that ole thing?!?!

We're not talking about Government here.

#9 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 44,850 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:01 AM

Is that why he went on Fox News and totally contradicted himself? You DON'T think he was pandering to the mouth-breathing Fox News audience? Remember, “"Racism is a lazy man's substitute for using good judgment... Common sense becomes racism when skin color becomes a formula for figuring out who is a danger to me."

Have you even heard the whole segment? I am going to guess not since you are all hung up on one sentence. Just like NPR. But they still keep Christan bashers employed. I guess it only opinion when it's aired on Fox.

#10 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:04 AM

We're not talking about Government here.

K

Just regulatin'. :P

Not callin' blind people blind will be next on the list, BTW. The list is living and never ends.

Edited by ChucktownK, 24 October 2010 - 01:06 AM.

#11 cantrell

cantrell

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:21 AM

Have you even heard the whole segment? I am going to guess not since you are all hung up on one sentence. Just like NPR. But they still keep Christan bashers employed. I guess it only opinion when it's aired on Fox.

So when he said that he gets nervous when he sees Muslims on airplanes, he didn't really mean that he gets nervous when he sees Muslims on airplanes?

"I mean, look, Bill, I'm not a bigot," Williams continued. "You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."

Hey look guys, he said he's not bigoted towards Muslims. Nothing to see here!

I'm not a bigot but when I see someone wearing "Christian garb" I get nervous. Is this guy about to blow up an abortion clinic? Rape a young boy? Murder a doctor in a church?

#12 Jangler

Jangler

• HUDDLER
  • 44,850 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:32 AM

The one time he doesn't use his tippy tippy toes and he is a cast out? Wow! Even though Robert Byrd was in the Klan half his life and a segregationist for more than that. but it's okay, it was youthful indiscretion.

the hypocrisy on the left is astounding, but not surprising.

#13 cantrell

cantrell

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:39 AM

The one time he doesn't use his tippy tippy toes and he is a cast out? Wow! Even though Robert Byrd was in the Klan half his life and a segregationist for more than that. but it's okay, it was youthful indiscretion.

the hypocrisy on the left is astounding, but not surprising.

"I'm not a bigot but when I see someone wearing "Christian garb" I get nervous. Is this guy about to blow up an abortion clinic? Rape a young boy? Murder a doctor in a church?"

Is that reasonable or not?

Also, Robert Byrd was a Christian. Another in a long line of dangerous Christians. I'm getting nervous just talking about them!

#14 Jangler

Jangler

• HUDDLER
  • 44,850 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:44 AM

tippy tippy toes and deflection

#15 cantrell

cantrell

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:54 AM

tippy tippy toes and deflection

"I'm not a bigot but when I see someone wearing "Christian garb" I get nervous. Is this guy about to blow up an abortion clinic? Rape a young boy? Murder a doctor in a church?"

It is the exact same line of thought. Is this rational? If you'll just say it's rational we can establish that, although you're an idiot, you're consistent.

(It's irrational)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.