Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peppers and Picks

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Well he is ranked the highest of all Des at the moment and appears to have the complete package. Very explosive and good lower body strength and also has good and varied mechanics and techniques. Only real negative is that he has limited upper body strength and thus could easily be taken out of games via double teams.

Oh and any team thinking of using him in a 3-4 might need to re-consider as he has absolutely no experience in coverage despite being played in a stand up stance. Seems they only ever sent him on blitzes from that position.

EDIT - Forgot that a lot of scouts will worry about the effectiveness of FSU pass rushers as they have historically been busts. Apparently this is a genuine concern and could hurt his stock.

Good write up thanks, I still think out of the three I would prefer Orakpo or Johnson even if they were only situational this season. We can always bring in a vetern DE to play on running downs this season.

Posted

What have you read about Everette Brown because all I know is from watching youtube videos because being a Pac10 fan Ill admit I dont watch much ACC football.

excelled against the elite competition in the acc

Posted

I think Orakpo might just blow peoples minds when he works out at the combine.

I also think of Vernon Gholston when I see him as he was another work out warrior, so Orakpo could be a huge bust in the waiting. Having said that I think Gholston should never of been drafted as an OLB and he could excel as a DE still. Orakpo is a power based DE so he could be a great pickup for LE.

Posted

I think Orakpo might just blow peoples minds when he works out at the combine.

I also think of Vernon Gholston when I see him as he was another work out warrior, so Orakpo could be a huge bust in the waiting. Having said that I think Gholston should never of been drafted as an OLB and he could excel as a DE still. Orakpo is a power based DE so he could be a great pickup for LE.

Yea I also see Orakpo as more of a LE while Johnson at RE. Only time will tell I guess if we have the chance to draft either I dont think its a bad pick either way.