Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

True Inauguration Story

77 posts in this topic

Posted

yes, that was the reference. :banghead:

Posted

Anti-semitism reigns in the big cities. Asian bigotry (as well as native American bigotry) reigns out west. It makes sense that there are more problems between black and white in the South, because that's where they compete for jobs. When I first moved to Charlotte, I lived close to the Mexican area of town. Guess who had problems? The blacks and Mexicans, who were competing for jobs. I bet you hear more Irish and Italian jokes in one day in Boston than you'll hear in a year in Alabama.

Exactly which is why when the guy guessed the South (Del lives in Texas) he was still not the 2nd coming of Miss Cleo

Posted

Yeah and its been that way for how long? Since the 30's? 50's? not even the 80's...

So with you it all comes down to relishing the past? Parks, King, % of nationalities and ethnicity in the south during the roaring 20's. Got it. Im with ya. Lets forget about now and dwell on the misgivings that happened before we were a twinkle in our fathers eye.

Posted

BWHAHAHAHAHAAH

You put the anal in overanalyze. You think South blvd offer the kind of diversity that LA, NY or even Boston has had for years...theres quite a bit of racism up North and they've had quite a bit of time to build it up. Never said there wasnt its just spread out over many different backgrounds. I was simply trying to explain where the Call Center Manager was coming from.

Oh and its Kind of hard to tell the blacks in SC to forget about the past when the confed flag that still flies over their head...

Posted

I hear ya. The Klan is pretty thick round these parts. Be careful.

Posted

Because the Klan are the only racist white people in the South?

Posted

sure, why not?

Posted

I think you've argued yourself dumb...

Posted

I think I'm just done. There is no point in keeping it going is there?

Posted

Jeez.

It was just a silly crack made by a guy that is most likely southern himself.

Lighten up.

Racism is everywhere, as it is a sad component of our ingroup-outgroup natural tendencies.

Only through education and exposure can we overcome the ignorance, and it takes time.

And effort.

But I would say the South is doing a whole helluva lot better lately, wouldn't you?

Posted

But I would say the South is doing a whole helluva lot better lately, wouldn't you?

Panthro would say that's because of all of the gracious northerners who have come down here to show us the way. :cool:

Posted

Panthro would say that's because of all of the gracious northerners who have come down here to show us the way. :cool:

I have another name for that:

Polution