Photo
- - - - -

True Inauguration Story

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
75 replies to this topic

#31 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,960 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:34 PM

Unfortunately I couldn't find a breakdown of the race vs race. And why would you assume only a small % would be white on black?

Because you have so many different races up there. Latinos killing blacks, blacks killing latinos...its not like down here where its predominantly black n white.

#32 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:34 PM

Anti-semitism reigns in the big cities. Asian bigotry (as well as native American bigotry) reigns out west. It makes sense that there are more problems between black and white in the South, because that's where they compete for jobs. When I first moved to Charlotte, I lived close to the Mexican area of town. Guess who had problems? The blacks and Mexicans, who were competing for jobs. I bet you hear more Irish and Italian jokes in one day in Boston than you'll hear in a year in Alabama.

#33 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:36 PM

Because you have so many different races up there. Latinos killing blacks, blacks killing latinos...its not like down here where its predominantly black n white.

I don't know if you live in Charlotte, but if you do take a drive down South Blvd., Central Ave., Eastway Dr., and Tryon (both N and S). I think there is a pretty damn good mix of folks. And I would assume it's similar to other large cities in the south.

#34 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,111 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:38 PM

Let me explain the difference between the North and the South -

The South hates the race but embraces the individual while the North embraces the race but hates the individual.

Hatred of southerners = the last acceptable form of bigotry. :D

#35 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,960 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:39 PM

I don't know if you live in Charlotte, but if you do take a drive down South Blvd., Central Ave., Eastway Dr., and Tryon (both N and S). I think there is a pretty damn good mix of folks. And I would assume it's similar to other large cities in the south.

Yeah and its been that way for how long? Since the 30's? 50's? not even the 80's...

#36 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,960 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:41 PM

Hatred of Catholics = the last acceptable form of bigotry. :D

Fixed...

#37 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,111 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:42 PM

yes, that was the reference. :banghead:

#38 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,960 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:43 PM

Anti-semitism reigns in the big cities. Asian bigotry (as well as native American bigotry) reigns out west. It makes sense that there are more problems between black and white in the South, because that's where they compete for jobs. When I first moved to Charlotte, I lived close to the Mexican area of town. Guess who had problems? The blacks and Mexicans, who were competing for jobs. I bet you hear more Irish and Italian jokes in one day in Boston than you'll hear in a year in Alabama.

Exactly which is why when the guy guessed the South (Del lives in Texas) he was still not the 2nd coming of Miss Cleo

#39 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:46 PM

Yeah and its been that way for how long? Since the 30's? 50's? not even the 80's...

So with you it all comes down to relishing the past? Parks, King, % of nationalities and ethnicity in the south during the roaring 20's. Got it. Im with ya. Lets forget about now and dwell on the misgivings that happened before we were a twinkle in our fathers eye.

#40 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,960 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:58 PM

BWHAHAHAHAHAAH

You put the anal in overanalyze. You think South blvd offer the kind of diversity that LA, NY or even Boston has had for years...theres quite a bit of racism up North and they've had quite a bit of time to build it up. Never said there wasnt its just spread out over many different backgrounds. I was simply trying to explain where the Call Center Manager was coming from.

Oh and its Kind of hard to tell the blacks in SC to forget about the past when the confed flag that still flies over their head...

#41 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:00 PM

I hear ya. The Klan is pretty thick round these parts. Be careful.

#42 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,960 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:02 PM

Because the Klan are the only racist white people in the South?

#43 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:05 PM

sure, why not?

#44 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,960 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:07 PM

I think you've argued yourself dumb...

#45 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:15 PM

I think I'm just done. There is no point in keeping it going is there?

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com