43 replies to this topic

#1 PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme

The Greatest!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:31 PM

can you imagine if Gettis and LaFell actually get better and better and we have 3 REAL wideouts...

today our receivers looked great... I honestly didnt think I would say that this year

#2 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:47 PM

Or if Smith would catch wide open passes to him? Or not commit dumb penalties? Or not fumble it.

Good thing the other WR's showed up today and put Smith on their back and carried him. I hope Smith is back to his old self next week though.

#3 Baschski

Baschski

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:49 PM

Or if Smith would catch wide open passes to him? Or not commit dumb penalties? Or not fumble it.

Good thing the other WR's showed up today and put Smith on their back and carried him. I hope Smith is back to his old self next week though.

Bull poo, sir. He dropped ONE pass, and anyone who doesn't think that Smith's presence drawing the defense's coverage didn't open the field up for Lafell and Gettis knows nothing about football.

#4 Melvin Smiley

Melvin Smiley

Jimmeh!

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

I agree, that's what should be happening if you're double teaming smith the whole game.

#5 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,328 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:55 PM

Gettis coming into his own is the key. That will keep some heat off Smith and the running game, allow LaFell time to develop. Gettis has been the find so far this year, with Hardy being a close second.

#6 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:55 PM

I think this team could become a really good offense if defenses start to realize Moore can beat them with his arm. Hopefully when this happens, Otah is back, because the running game should return and at that point we're going to be an unpredictable offense with 2 tough to stick WRs and 2 good RBs.

With guys like Lafell, Goodson and Sutton making up the rest, this team could became dangerous.

Interesting how one game can show you so much potential.

#7 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:56 PM

Indeed, he helped the other WR's by being on the field. But stop being a homer, Smith had a bad game, and it was nice watching other players pick up the slack for once. This is how it should go. His dropped pass may have got us another field goal, so it was pretty important. You know Smith is going to come out next week with fire, after 2 other WR's did better than him on this team.

If these guys keep stepping up, we could have a good WR core going to the future. Devin Thomas didn't even get to play and Clowney seems to be solid enough.

#8 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:00 PM

Smith wasn't that bad. He had some unfortunate fumbles and that penalty was a weak call. He still was still drawing coverage for the other guys. He had some good punt returns when he shouldn't have been risking himself out there anyway.

#9 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:38 PM

double coverage on Smitty gave those rookies a chance to make plays

#10 PantherDude

PantherDude

Best of luck, Coach Fox!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:12 PM

I hope the 3 guys could be our Arizona 3 WRs corps before Boldin & Warner were gone. Someone here once keep calling LaFell as "LaFail", which is laughable considering he is a rookie & getting better. People who label LaFell as LaFail don't know crap about football if you call him without knowing he is a rookie & some don't make play right away. :rolleyes:

#11 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,055 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:14 PM

Matt Moore made them all look like Jerry Rice.

#12 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,222 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:20 PM

I hope the 3 guys could be our Arizona 3 WRs corps before Boldin & Warner were gone. Someone here once keep calling LaFell as "LaFail", which is laughable considering he is a rookie & getting better. People who label LaFell as LaFail don't know crap about football if you call him without knowing he is a rookie & some don't make play right away. :rolleyes:

We call him LaFail because up until the second half of todays game the guy dropped 9 out of 10 balls thrown his way....

#13 Harpua08

Harpua08

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:23 PM

Thomas will almost definitely get a jersey next week. I doubt Clowney sees the field again this year, same with Edwards. Although I hope they give AE a shot at somepoint.

#14 PantherDude

PantherDude

Best of luck, Coach Fox!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:58 PM

We call him LaFail because up until the second half of todays game the guy dropped 9 out of 10 balls thrown his way....

But now he is getting better & better, especially that last catch that was able to get us closer to the field goal. Please refer him as LaFail if he start looking like Jarrett in his first 3 season here, mmmkay? It pointless to call someone as failure already for a rookie. Some people should stop calling player a bust until the first 2 or 3 season than just 1.

#15 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:12 PM

Honestly, if we would have lost this game, I would have blamed it mostly on Smith for that fiasco. NO EXCUSE.

Having said that, please don't start hating on the guy. Let's just put a stop to that talk before it even begins. One of the MAIN reasons why those other receivers were open is SMITH. His presence alone on that field can make a difference. Much like Peppers. A lot of times Peppers' stats didn't actually tell the story.

He just needs to get over himself already. He's going to get slower, he's going to get older and the way I see it Smith has two choices: He can either assure himself a spot on this team for a long time to come by learning how to still be effective over the next years(becoming the next Ricky Proehl) and sharing the spotlight with new WR's or can continue to let his ego get in the way to the point where that may get him benched years before his abilities will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com