Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Moore = "It's a big deal man". A leader and another reason to thank him...

256 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah like you did with every Clausen thread.

Point one out where I de-railed it to something other than the topic. Please. Are you going to back up what you say?

Posted

any QB can come into a game and lead their team to victory when they're completely under the radar and the expectations are very low. Lets be honest here, after Moore's first two starts, no one was really expecting much from him against the Niners. Moore knew that also, and proved a lot of us wrong. Now the big question is can he keep it up? Can he preform well when he's in the spotlight and when he's expected to be a starting QB in the NFL.

Moore has only proven to be a great QB when people haven't expected much out of him. After he took Delhomme's spot last year, Moore wasn't expected to be the savior. He was put in at the end of the season when the Panthers had nothing to play for. Even before the Niners game, the Panthers were 0-5 and the season was pretty much a wash. Even if he preforms well the next couple of weeks, I still won't be sold on him until he proves he can win a meaningful game.

Posted

u

Mental thing?

So the fact that steve smith missed all of training camp, and pre season didn't have anything to do with the way moore played the beginning of the season?

No steve smith, and a different pair of young receivers to practice with every week, makes it extremely difficult for any qb. Even the legends.

Add to that our running game has not been a strength. I think its fair obvious why there was struggles, and why moore felt the need to push...rather than just be the guy he is.

He is good enough for the franchise to dump jake, and move on. He had a few bad games, when nothing was going right on offense.

Moore's play those 1st 2 games was a problem in his head. You said yourself he felt the need to push. Those interceptions were terrible. He went well below the acceptable level of poor play even with no run game or #2 receiver.

I'm a huge Matt Moore fan but his poor play really shook my confidence as he made many throws that he just never did before and it was a mental thing. So hopefully he never feels the need to push or the pressure again.

Posted

why are any of you responding seriously to panthersfanforlife

1 person likes this

Posted

why are any of you responding seriously to panthersfanforlife

bored.

Posted

I hope Erickson plays well the rest of the season, but I do not see that happening. I hope he does, but I believe Jimmy will be starting again!

Posted

bored.

Me too.

Moore is a good guy and he performed well on the field this past Sunday. Press conference? He said the right things, but he comes off as a guy who just isn't that comfortable talking about himself. Doesn't mean anything about his play or his leadership ability, really. He just isn't an "on camera" type of person.

Jake always looked like a natural public speaker at press conferences. Matt looks like the guy trying to tell police where he was on the night of the 25th.

Posted

Me too.

Moore is a good guy and he performed well on the field this past Sunday. Press conference? He said the right things, but he comes off as a guy who just isn't that comfortable talking about himself. Doesn't mean anything about his play or his leadership ability, really. He just isn't an "on camera" type of person.

Jake always looked like a natural public speaker at press conferences. Matt looks like the guy trying to tell police where he was on the night of the 25th.

I don't see that at all. He looks very comfortable, loose, relaxed, smiling laughing and joking.

Posted

Me too.

Jake would stutter, hide behind his hands and you call him a good speaker? OK! So Matt has pretty teeth too?

Posted

Jake would stutter, hide behind his hands and you call him a good speaker? OK! So Matt has pretty teeth too?

Jake had fire. He was incredibly gitty and excited and wore his heart on his sleeve. Not too many guys out there are going to have that.

But Matt looks to do a good job between balancing emotion with rational thought which is not a bad thing. By comparison Fox's conferences are sleep-worthy, and Clausen was basically doing his best impression of a nervous John Fox.

Oh and for those that think Fox's are bad because he doesn't say enough you should check out Bill Belichick's. He's anti-Fox....just goes on and on and on and on. Every question has like a 5 minutes answer.

Posted

Jake had fire. He was incredibly gitty and excited and wore his heart on his sleeve. Not too many guys out there are going to have that.

But Matt looks to do a good job between balancing emotion with rational thought which is not a bad thing. By comparison Fox's conferences are sleep-worthy, and Clausen was basically doing his best impression of a nervous John Fox.

Oh and for those that think Fox's are bad because he doesn't say enough you should check out Bill Belichick's. He's anti-Fox....just goes on and on and on and on. Every question has like a 5 minutes answer.

Clausen is actually a pretty good interview...I've talked to both of them. Moore is the nervous one, he doesn't have a lot to say but never deflects blame.