Photo
- - - - -

Matt Moore = "It's a big deal man". A leader and another reason to thank him...

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#136 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:41 PM

why are any of you responding seriously to panthersfanforlife

#137 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,563 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:14 PM

why are any of you responding seriously to panthersfanforlife

bored.

#138 Catdaddy

Catdaddy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:27 PM

I hope Erickson plays well the rest of the season, but I do not see that happening. I hope he does, but I believe Jimmy will be starting again!

#139 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,397 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:32 PM

Point one out where I de-railed it to something other than the topic. Please. Are you going to back up what you say?

No...but I'll back it up.

http://www.carolinah...tml#post2688111

#140 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,615 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:36 PM

bored.

Me too.

Moore is a good guy and he performed well on the field this past Sunday. Press conference? He said the right things, but he comes off as a guy who just isn't that comfortable talking about himself. Doesn't mean anything about his play or his leadership ability, really. He just isn't an "on camera" type of person.

Jake always looked like a natural public speaker at press conferences. Matt looks like the guy trying to tell police where he was on the night of the 25th.

#141 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:39 PM

Me too.

Moore is a good guy and he performed well on the field this past Sunday. Press conference? He said the right things, but he comes off as a guy who just isn't that comfortable talking about himself. Doesn't mean anything about his play or his leadership ability, really. He just isn't an "on camera" type of person.

Jake always looked like a natural public speaker at press conferences. Matt looks like the guy trying to tell police where he was on the night of the 25th.

I don't see that at all. He looks very comfortable, loose, relaxed, smiling laughing and joking.

#142 Catdaddy

Catdaddy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:42 PM

Me too.

Jake would stutter, hide behind his hands and you call him a good speaker? OK! So Matt has pretty teeth too?

#143 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:51 PM

Jake would stutter, hide behind his hands and you call him a good speaker? OK! So Matt has pretty teeth too?

Jake had fire. He was incredibly gitty and excited and wore his heart on his sleeve. Not too many guys out there are going to have that.

But Matt looks to do a good job between balancing emotion with rational thought which is not a bad thing. By comparison Fox's conferences are sleep-worthy, and Clausen was basically doing his best impression of a nervous John Fox.

Oh and for those that think Fox's are bad because he doesn't say enough you should check out Bill Belichick's. He's anti-Fox....just goes on and on and on and on. Every question has like a 5 minutes answer.

#144 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,397 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:53 PM

Jake had fire. He was incredibly gitty and excited and wore his heart on his sleeve. Not too many guys out there are going to have that.

But Matt looks to do a good job between balancing emotion with rational thought which is not a bad thing. By comparison Fox's conferences are sleep-worthy, and Clausen was basically doing his best impression of a nervous John Fox.

Oh and for those that think Fox's are bad because he doesn't say enough you should check out Bill Belichick's. He's anti-Fox....just goes on and on and on and on. Every question has like a 5 minutes answer.

Clausen is actually a pretty good interview...I've talked to both of them. Moore is the nervous one, he doesn't have a lot to say but never deflects blame.

#145 Catdaddy

Catdaddy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:54 PM

I forgot, he would make fake tears as he stuttered about some interception. Go to Panther.com and you can watch them all!

#146 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Clausen is actually a pretty good interview...I've talked to both of them. Moore is the nervous one, he doesn't have a lot to say but never deflects blame.

LOL. Here it comes.

#147 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,615 posts
  • LocationSC

I don't see that at all. He looks very comfortable, loose, relaxed, smiling laughing and joking.

It's not a knock on him if he doesn't give the world's greatest press answers.

Can't say I worry much about how he handles the press. How he handles the football is what matters.

Panthers might see it a little differently ("face of the franchise" and such) but that's my take.

#148 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,397 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

LOL. Here it comes.

Just saying...you ever talk to either player?

#149 Catdaddy

Catdaddy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:01 PM

Moore was so good he got drafted in no round, because he let UCLA down by not making grades. You people say he left cause of problems with the head coach, if so, why wasn't he able to transfer to any one of those schools he so desired? Cause junior college was the only way he would be eligible to play at a big school once he was eligible. So he was a Beaver

#150 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:19 PM

Moore was so good he got drafted in no round, because he let UCLA down by not making grades. You people say he left cause of problems with the head coach, if so, why wasn't he able to transfer to any one of those schools he so desired? Cause junior college was the only way he would be eligible to play at a big school once he was eligible. So he was a Beaver

Completely and utterly false. If he couldn't make grades he would be ineligible. He made grades. He won the starting job and got hurt and Dorrell being the moron he was didn't give him his job back. Moore was recruited by Bob Toledo who was really high on Moore. Moore went to College of the Canyons because he wasn't sure where he was going to transfer to and his family lived around there. This is also when he got drafted by the Angels after not playing baseball for 3 years. He sent tapes out and Oregon State landed him. When he got there he beat out local fan favorite and Oregon product Ryan Gunderson for the starting QB job.

When he gets a fair shot at competition, the guy wins it, plain and simple.

Edit: And what the hell does any of that have to do with this thread? Just because Jimmy is your boy and he is terrible doesn't mean you get to make stuff up about Moore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.