Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

has a QB ever had such bad 3 games like jimmy clausen and become a pro bowler?

50 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Peyton Manning's first three starts were pretty bad. 8 Interceptions, 7 sacks, and only two td's. All three games were losses by a combined total of 95-27.

You forgot to mention the impressive 48.9 passer rating over that span. I wonder if they regretted not taking Ryan Leaf?

Posted · Report post

seriously, another clausen bashing thread? you guys are hilarious.

Posted · Report post

seriously, another clausen bashing thread? you guys are hilarious.

Seriously, even when he has been rendered irrelevant since the Chicago loss 15 days ago... but I promise not to let you down. I will rarely pass on an opportunity to take a shot at Clausen, but I will never bash a Carolina Panther QB. And the moment those two distinct differences are comprehended, the better off.

Posted · Report post

That's the same logic employed by Clausen sack-slurpers on this board. Clausen doesn't lose games by himself, but Matt Moore does. It's not Clausen's fault (insert negative play result here) happened, but Matt Moore is to blame for (insert another negative play result here).

"Carolina losses weren't Jimmy's fault and Jimmy is overrated anyways."

clausen sack slurpers = fans who thought he was worth giving a shot or anyone who wasn't happy with moore's performance this year and criticized him for it or anyone who didn't hate clausen with an unbridled passion.

right?

Posted · Report post

He.

Is.

A.

Rookie.

Posted · Report post

This thread is going to go to poo... oh wait, it pretty much started as it.

Answer to question: Yes, there have been. Too early to say if Clausen will or even has a shot at it.

The real question: Will the Panthers ever have a consistent probowl QB (again, if you consider Jake one for some of his tenure here)?

Posted · Report post

This thread is going to go to poo... oh wait, it pretty much started as it.

Answer to question: Yes, there have been. Too early to say if Clausen will or even has a shot at it.

The real question: Will the Panthers ever have a consistent probowl QB (again, if you consider Jake one for some of his tenure here)?

at this rate they might, but it isn't someone that is on the team right now.

draft andrew luck and bring in jim harbaugh and we might wind up with one.

Posted · Report post

Not sure, but I think too much is made of using history to project the potential of current players.

Posted · Report post

He.

Is.

A.

Rookie.

Who>

Has>

Shown>

No>

Potential>

Posted · Report post

Not sure, but I think too much is made of using history to project the potential of current players.
agreed. same with team records.

i would even say that too much is made of what a player has done in previous years to project their current potential. mainly thinking about a discussion i was having on another board about farve. people thought of him as being an iron man coming into this season and coming off one of the best seasons statistically of his career while i was looking at a 40 year old man who had just had the beating of his life (thanks to a douche plan by gregg williams) who was coming back to the game in massive pain. a few games into the season he hasn't played well and now he has a fractured foot. same could be said for jake last year. while many of us were noticing that there was a big time falling off in his performance, there were others who kept on looking at his whole body of work and believing that he'd overcome his struggles.

point is, it can help looking at the past but past performance is far from being a reliable indicator of current and future trends. take it with a grain of salt and don't be blind to what is going on at the time.

/derail

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Who>

Has>

Shown>

No>

Potential>

I'm not even a Clausen fan. I'm just telling this guy not to expect 400 yard 3d games from a rookie. A lot of great QBs struggled as rookies. You can't really say he has shown no potential, you've seen him briefly with a terrible supporting cast.

Posted · Report post

saying he's shown absolutely no potential isn't fair. He's made some nice throws, just not enough to really raise any eyebrows, and not enough command of the offense to warrant considering putting him in right now, especially with moore playing as he did.