Photo
- - - - -

When Jon Fox came to Carolina he wanted to do two things.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#11 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:48 PM

We had Trgo in 03 with Manning mauling wr's at the line of scrimmage playing physical, knowing why that has changed is a good question and everyone's speculation on here is getting old.

it changed because it was Del Rios scheme, Turgo changed it because he wanted to put his on stamp on it; a turd.

#12 SCpanther

SCpanther

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:51 PM

Run the Ball.

Play Physical Defense.

Please tell me how Trgo is a yes man when we played Soft zone and our CBs were a mile from the Receivers the past two years? Thats the Damn exact opposite to Physical Defense right there! This could be the reason why no coaches are getting signed this year..........

Even if Trgo isn't a yes man, do you really think a former defensive coordinator like Fox would allow a scheme he didn't approve of? As you said, they've been running it for a couple years now. If Fox didn't like it then he would have forced changes.

#13 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:52 PM

bend but don't break does you know good when you have the strength of a wet noodle.

i fully blame fox and hurney now. any inefficiencies in the defense next year is squarely on their heads.

unless you play an aggressive defense you aren't doing what fox promised he would be doing.

i have no confidence in their ability to correct things on the defense based on what i have seen. i would love for them to prove me wrong. i would love to see us turn into a feared defense that can shut down any offense and i believe that we can be given the right direction and leadership. right now i don't believe we have that.

#14 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:56 PM

it changed because it was Del Rios scheme, Turgo changed it because he wanted to put his on stamp on it; a turd.

Hmmm, strong assumption. Someone asked Buck a similar question today on the radio and he said Del Rio's scheme was all zone/cover 2 as compared to Trgo running more man and more blitzing. All of it is attitude, and I am not sure for whatever reason our d-line as whole seems hungry or mean enough to get the job done. Who knows? We definitely don't.

#15 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:57 PM

i have no confidence in their ability to correct things on the defense based on what i have seen. i would love for them to prove me wrong. i would love to see us turn into a feared defense that can shut down any offense and i believe that we can be given the right direction and leadership. right now i don't believe we have that.

Unfortunately, I am with you on that, or maybe very little confidence.

#16 SCpanther

SCpanther

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:04 PM

When talking about mythical Del Rio era, which was really only one season, too many Panther fans forget how immensely talented the D-line and linebackers were. Buckner was still good. Rucker had just reached his prime. Peppers and Jenkins were young, hungry players. We may have really had the best front four in the NFL at that time. The linebackers were pretty good too; with Fields, Morgan, and Witherspoon. That, more than anything else played into the success. Why do you think it carried over into '03, after Del Rio was gone?

The reality is, we haven't had that kind of talent in our front seven for 2 or 3 years now. The linebacker corps may be comparable but none of them are really good blitzers. The front four isn't even close, and as we all know, Trgo and Fox love to rely on the front four for pressure.

#17 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

HUDDLER

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:14 PM

Run the Ball.

Play Physical Defense.

Please tell me how Trgo is a yes man when we played Soft zone and our CBs were a mile from the Receivers the past two years? Thats the Damn exact opposite to Physical Defense right there! This could be the reason why no coaches are getting signed this year..........

Trgo has NO power over Fox. Fox agrees to whatever gameplan his staff brings him OR he offers up suggestions. Fox ultimately approved Bend But Don't Break.

#18 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:16 PM

Trgo has NO power over Fox. Fox agrees to whatever gameplan his staff brings him OR he offers up suggestions. Fox ultimately approved Bend But Don't Break.

the fact that they are making no significant changes makes me believe that he has no desire to deviate from that.

anything bad that happens is on his head next year. no excuses will be accepted.

#19 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

HUDDLER

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:18 PM

Hmmm, strong assumption. Someone asked Buck a similar question today on the radio and he said Del Rio's scheme was all zone/cover 2 as compared to Trgo running more man and more blitzing. All of it is attitude, and I am not sure for whatever reason our d-line as whole seems hungry or mean enough to get the job done. Who knows? We definitely don't.

This should be a sticky.

#20 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

HUDDLER

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:20 PM

When I saw the thread title I was almost sure the original post was going to be: Kick ass and chew gum...and he's still got a lot more gum.