Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pssssst.... Hey David......

49 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Feeling good about Sunday? Great.

Things get harder from here on out. You are now on tape and considered a threat. For the first time ever, NFL defensive coaches consider you a real threat. Cornerbacks and Safeties will sit around and watch your every play closely in the film room. They will figure out your tendencies, take away your strengths and exploit your weaknesses.

If ever there was a time to work even harder, its now.

Love,

Zod

Posted · Report post

maybe he will ask for help by not asking for help and smitty will help him.

Posted · Report post

I said this last night. He had an awesome game but no one owned any film on him. This is where you make the move to be a Colston or a Colbert

Posted · Report post

[quote name='kinderfeld11']maybe he will ask for help by not asking for help and smitty will help him.[/QUOTE]

Smitty was one of the first to come up and congratulate him after those catches.

Posted · Report post

Yup, he's got a great head fake, but he will have to follow through with it from time to time for them to keep biting.

Posted · Report post

The good news is that as long as we keep him lined up to Smitty's side with Smitty in the slot in a 3 wide set, they will have to decide who to double, one or the other but not both. He will still get single coverage and his skills are speed and size which still gives corners and safeties trouble. The best bet they have is jam him off the line but once he gets up to speed he can run right by folks.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Good grief man... this is where all the negativity comes from on here. Straight from the top. :D
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He is the best route runner I have seen on this team in a long time. The little head fakes, extra steps, and all the other little intricacies of body language make all the difference

Kudos to Tyke Tolbert.

Kudos for the O-line and backs for giving enough time to for the routes to develop.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Debil']Good grief man... this is where all the negativity comes from on here. Straight from the top. :D[/QUOTE]

You may want to look up and see what negativity means

Posted · Report post

I was very impressed with the way he ran his routes and how he set guys up...he played like a veteran. Lafell impressed me too...it's like the light came on at the same time for these guys, even though lafell's was much dimmer before this game. Gettis seems like he gets it...he has done nothing but improve since day one.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Pssssst.... Hey Steve......

David is going to start drawing more coverage, be sure to take advantage and make the defense pay

Posted · Report post

If David can be consistent in the next few games I think we might have finally found that #2 receiver we have been dying for. Let's hope this isn't a fluke.

Posted · Report post

Yup, he's going to get allot more attention and if there is a hole in his game they will find it.

Here's the good news: speed kills.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Now would be a great time for LaFell to have a 100 yd game too.

Posted · Report post

DC's in this league are excellent at seperating the boys from the men.

I feel that was part of Moore's problems this season.

Posted · Report post

(Waits for the memo to Lafell)

I mean, 2 threats ahead of him, he should be owning that #3 spot for a couple weeks at least. Wait... 3 WRs on the field at once, who the fuck am I kidding...
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

As long as he continues to run his routes as sharply as he did Sunday then the only question is will we continue to get QB play good enough to deliver the ball on target and on time. Dude was breaking ankles with his routes, especially the second TD.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Coaches feel that David Carr is a threat?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro']You may want to look up and see what negativity means[/QUOTE]

Why, did you spray-paint something on my roof?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Debil']Why, did you spray-paint something on my roof?[/QUOTE]

Is it hard to see your roof through your ceiling?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='panthers55']The good news is that as long as we keep him lined up to Smitty's side with Smitty in the slot in a 3 wide set, they will have to decide who to double, one or the other but not both. He will still get single coverage and his skills are speed and size which still gives corners and safeties trouble. The best bet they have is jam him off the line but once he gets up to speed he can run right by folks.[/QUOTE]

I have to admit, that was a nice little wrinkle we threw in there. I don't want to give Davidson any credit for anything remotely intelligent because I don't think he's capable of such thought, but it must've been by design. I know teams said when Jake was here that if we sent Smitty in motion and he ended up at the slot when we snapped it that the throw was going to him...

What I liked about what you mentioned is that Smitty was already set at the slot before the snap most plays I remember in the 3 WR sets. It definitely leaves HUGE gaps in zone coverages to have both of them on the same side of the field.

[quote name='BruceBrewski']He is the best route runner I have seen on this team in a long time. The little head fakes, extra steps, and all the other little intricacies of body language make all the difference

Kudos to Tyke Tolbert.

Kudos for the O-line and backs for giving enough time to for the routes to develop.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it funny? From what I remember, all the local reporters wrote him off and said he looked terrible in TC. I actually remember a blurb on him being a bad route runner... lol. "LET'S GO TO THE TAPE!"

Meanwhile, I was telling everyone I had a good feeling about him and to watch out for him to make the roster and possibly play up to the #2 spot... Well, will you look at him now?

Also, a few of the guys from here that went to camp also said they didn't know why the local media were ragging on him b/c they saw some impressive plays out of him.

I'm really happy for him and hope to see much more of the same.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='NSPowell'][B]As long as he continues to run his routes as sharply as he did Sunday then the only question is will we continue to get QB play good enough to deliver the ball on target and on time.[/B] Dude was breaking ankles with his routes, especially the second TD.[/QUOTE]

this I think our problem hasn't been our receivers as much as our qb play

pssssst.....devin thomas/david clowney now is your chance to step up and prove yourselves

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CatMan72']Yup, he's going to get allot more attention and if there is a hole in his game they will find it.

Here's the good news: speed kills.[/QUOTE]

that's what they told ted ginn jr....

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Cracka McNasty']that's what they told ted ginn jr....[/QUOTE]

And John Belushi's family.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

smitty in the slot is exactly where he wanted to be this year, isn't it? hopefully we have someone that can make that happen now.

one thing i know, we need to be doing a lot more 3 and 4 wide sets. they worked a lot on that in the offseason, only problem this team is really hesitant to try new things. they were working for several years on 2 TE sets before they ever got around to implementing them in real games. of course that was way back when fox actually had a future here and he wasn't going to have to struggle to find a new job the following year.